Universal Audio LUNA is available to download

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For all Universal Audio thunderbolt interface owners. The new DAW LUNA is now available for download: https://www.uaudio.de/luna.html#
Have fun testing.

80+ views and no responses. Looks like no ones gives a flying .....

Who the hell wants a DAW that's locked to some specific audio interface?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

It's got analogue summing modelling, which I've thought for a long tie would be good for DAW's to introduce as an option, but easy to add plugins. But at this point another DAW is already a bit meh, it wold have to be super interesting, but tied specifically to a audio interface, no one gives a shit

A very specific app tied to a certain hardware plus ilok. Also no integrated browser, no windows support yet etc. Hard to be popular with initial release.

v1o wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:10 am 80+ views and no responses. Looks like no ones gives a flying .....

AND in addition needs an Ilok Dongle or permanent online access....

In three words, all nogos includet.
Don´t they ask what is wanted on the markte and what not?

I've been thinking about a UAD interface for a bit, partially for the Lexicon 224 and EMT 250 plugs but after reading the gearslutz thread Luna isn't getting me over the hump in making the investment.

From the research I did on interfaces a few years ago, I concluded UAD's model was a black hole for my wallet. Nothing has changed.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

rasmusklump wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:18 am
v1o wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:10 am 80+ views and no responses. Looks like no ones gives a flying .....

AND in addition needs an Ilok Dongle or permanent online access....
I have an iLok! Now if only I had a Mac and a UA interface. Wait... This is the most expensive free DAW I've heard of yet!

Mac users who also have a UA interface is a pretty niche market, even on KVR !
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So only UAD plugins will work in Luna?

Also, what kind of an advantage does analogue summing bring in terms of workflow vs. a standard DAW?

Let the hate of people who can't afford proper UA systems begin !

There are few sentiments dumber than "you're just poor and jealous!!!"

Dip200 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 pm Let the hate of people who can't afford proper UA systems begin !
Idiot

Dip200 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 pm Let the hate of people who can't afford proper UA systems begin !
Better tell us why it could be a worthwhile investment...
Would it be an argument to buy a thunderbolt interface? I guess those who invest in such an interface have other (valid) reasons to do so. I also guess that those who do have such an interface most likely have a working DAW. Would it be worthwhile to invest time to learn a new DAW? It looks much like ProTools, which is probably the main target audience...
For most people here it won‘t be interesting, but they all like to post and comment and waist their time like I do...
Its far from hate except for the last comment...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”