Is ABLETON the best daw for audio manipluation?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When i watch videos on youtube how easy, with great quality warping etc the audio editing is i wonder if it is the best daw for it? Or is it bullshit? What are your opinions? As a fl studio user i always find  audio  Editing a pain and use mostly 3rd party samplers.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes. To me, at least. It fulfills all my audio manipulation needs.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nah....

Depends on what you want to do and what you mean by "best".

The warping is very good in Live though.

It's the best one for me YMMV :)

I'd say no. If all you want to do is warp the audio, it's pretty good. If you want to do things like takes and comping, tuning the audio (Melodyne style) etc. it's quite tedious to do in Ableton.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I like Reaper.. item FX ftw. And about a million other things.

Ableton is best for live audio manipulation as in tweaking with a controller, but not best at audio editing by a long shot.

Well that's Reaper out of the way, all we need now is for someone to do the same with Bitwig...

apoclypse wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:16 pm I'd say no. If all you want to do is warp the audio, it's pretty good. If you want to do things like takes and comping, tuning the audio (Melodyne style) etc. it's quite tedious to do in Ableton.
Yep. Tracktion Waveform is surprisingly good at that aspect (takes and comping). There’s others as well far better then Ableton at that, too.

Live is dead easy for takes & comping if you know how to work with it
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Forgotten wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:26 pm Well that's Reaper out of the way, all we need now is for someone to do the same with Bitwig...
Bitwig pretty much sucks for audio editing. Sorry to disappoint you...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hey guys sorry i needed to be more specific. Especially with mangling samples. I saw how easy someone showed on youtube a dubsteb tutorial making drops and so one with a sample pitching, warping, taking a portion of it and stretching, copy paate etc. Also building a nice texture and blending. It looked so easy and fluid i love sound designing with mangling samples and this sounded great i will look for the vid again

starting 40 mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhQrKWj1HiY
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Reaper is best for audio editing than Live.

Hey guys sorry i needed to be more specific. Especially with mangling samples. I saw how easy someone showed on youtube a dubsteb tutorial making drops and so one with a sample pitching, warping, taking a portion of it and stretching, copy paate etc. Also building a nice texture and blending.
Well, I did some just yesterday. Ableton is certainly handy when it comes to little arrangement tweaks once bounced to audio. Also sample warping turned out to be great way to help FX sit in the mix.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

For me ableton is the most convenient as far as manipulating audio/samples.

1)Taking bits of audio from a track and dropping it in both sampler is a matter of seconds.
2) resampling one track to another is a few clicks away.
3)any track you freeze, you can grab the audio and drop it anywhere then unfreezes the track, fiddle and repeat.
4) different warp modes allow you to screw the sound up pretty good.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”