New: Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

krabbencutter wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:35 pm pretty sure that was all planned & laid out well before COVID hit. And my guess is, the pricing is simply a sales pitch for their Mega bundle. Because instead of paying $229 for the SSL9000, you could also subscribe to the Mega bundle for $249 and get a $249 voucher which you can then use on the SSL9000.
yeah.
1) every release seems to be half of rehash of old code with more invested into marketing than actual plugin
2) everything is added to THE MEGA BUNDLE at no extra cost! (in one FB thread he made that comment 5 times. Same. Comment.)
3) Dirk writes shit like "we don't WANT more your money! but if you really want to you can buy it" and offers the whole bundle for 15000$ or some dumbass price tag.
Everything on that page is priced so you appreciate the value of the MEGA Bundle.
It's great marketing, but i also hate it and won't give them a f**king cent

i feel like brainworx kinda started going downhill after andré and reimund left

jochicago wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:38 am They finally did it boys. It is now possible to use an SSL channel strip in your DAW.
:lol:

Dirk wrote:Think Coldplay, Madonna, Jay-Z, DMX, Nas, and many more!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh boy, this has me in stitches… :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

God I really hope Unfiltered Audio and Elysia leave PA. I’d be embarrassed to be associated with that guy.

I already have on all of my tracks!

is it changing the way in which the game is played?

Not as long as the patent is pending...

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:30 pm God I really hope Unfiltered Audio and Elysia leave PA. I’d be embarrassed to be associated with that guy.
And Dmitry Sches. :(

unfortunately, he apparently has half a million subscribers so he is doing good business - regardless what we think of him, his business practices and quality of his plugs
Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:25 pm Not as long as the patent is pending...
they got the patent approved.

i like however that the audio in the trailer is just as distorted as most of their plugs

Ploki wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:50 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:25 pm Not as long as the patent is pending...
they got the patent approved.
Damn. I was so hoping that they accidentally patented "Patent pending Tolerance Modeling Technology" which is why this was a thing for the last 5 years or so.

So, if I want 72 channels of an ssl desk, do I have to buy 72 plugins?

the mailing was good for a chuckle... then i deleted the ad and the voucher... but i appreciated the humor. they should have done this on April Fool's day 'cause only fools would spend (except on toilet paper lol) when the future is so uncertain for so many. shame on the lot of them. just my 2 cents
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

TMT patent is still listed in the “applications” database:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Par ... L/Modeling
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Doing the Math:

72 Mono channels = 144 Stereo channels = 216 Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J * $229.99 = 49.677$

1 Plugin = $229,99 = 458 Cans of Baked Beans (The good Ones) = 1 Year / 93 Days of food.

All of this doesnt make any sense, sorry. :clap:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm So, if I want 72 channels of an ssl desk, do I have to buy 72 plugins?
Yes, but they're Added to the MEGA Bundle at no extra cost!

i just tested it.
"THD" seems to be the same (non-oversampled) soft clipper as in bx_2098. and probably everywhere else.
so. lazy.

Return to “Effects”