Is Echoboy still your top 3 ? I am thinking to buy Objeq delay ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the-machine wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:46 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 am I’ve completely replaced Echoboy with ValhallaDelay.
Same

p.s. can anyone explain why quoting doesnt work?
Works here ;)

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:23 am Objeq delay.... another one of those "this is so inspiring.....I must have it" buys that I haven't used since.

Echoboy is a bit boring to me. Limited in how you can route and affect the delay with a filter. Sounds nice but everyone uses it and most probably just tweak the presets. I don't ever feel inspired to experiment with it.

Sigmund is my goto delay because of the sound, modulation and routing possibilities of its four filters (one filter per delay line). Other things I love about it:- mid/side options, great parameter automation, overdrive, well designed GUI. What I don't like: totally unpredictably buggy. Only once in about 40 uses maybe it will spurt out a very loud noise and then one delay line channel will be dead. Plus a track I was doing a couple of days ago wouldn't load the next day with Sigmund being the culprit. But it just has an old school dirty sound, creative options and GUI that I adore. Sigmund is the only creative effect I always have loaded on my default startup project. Works great with a 303/909/808/101. On the completely opposite sound spectrum I would really recommend u-he's ColourCopy if you want a really "nice" sounding delay that just seems to be able to enhance a track without you realising it is there. igmund is my goto delay because of the sound, modulation and routing possibilities of its four filters (one filter per delay line). Other things I love about it:- mid/side options, great parameter automation, overdrive, well designed GUI. What I don't like: totally unpredictably buggy. Only once in about 40 uses maybe it will spurt out a very loud noise and then one delay line channel will be dead. Plus a track I was doing a couple of days ago wouldn't load the next day with Sigmund being the culprit. But it just has an old school dirty sound, creative options and GUI that I adore. Sigmund is the only creative effect I always have loaded on my default startup project. Works great with a 303/909/808/101. On the completely opposite sound spectrum I would recommend u-he's ColourCopy if you want a really "nice" sounding delay that just seems to be able to enhance a track without you realising it is there. Amazing sounding delay.
Déjà vu :hihi:

I doubt if I have any plugin thats more useful than Echoboy

I agree I bought O'bject delay and I just don't find it to be very good in a mix situation. EchoBoy and H-Delay are my regulars.

I'd demo it first and see if you are still impressed after the trial has expired.

Russell Grand wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:29 pm
hesnotthemessiah wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:23 am Objeq delay.... another one of those "this is so inspiring.....I must have it" buys that I haven't used since. '.................................

Oooops!! Thanks Mr Grand - just seen what I did there (copied and pasted the same text twice - loads of it)!! :dog: That'll teach me to write stuff at 6AM after no sleep! Have edited my original post. :oops:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:27 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:29 pm
hesnotthemessiah wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:23 am Objeq delay.... another one of those "this is so inspiring.....I must have it" buys that I haven't used since. '.................................

Oooops!! Thanks Mr Grand - just seen what I did there (copied and pasted the same text twice - loads of it)!! :dog: That'll teach me to write stuff at 6AM after no sleep! Have edited my original post. :oops:
All good, messiah, it happens to the best of us! :D

Objeq delay on sale at humble bundle as part of an AAS bundle. Worth it?

I just got Objeq as part of a no-brainer bundle offer from AAS. I haven’t had a lot of time to use it yet, but I don’t see it as being an alternative to EchoBoy (my go-to, along with Valhalla Delay), but rather something I’d use in addition to it. My first impression is that Objeq is very unique and very musical, but more of a special use delay for particular flavors to be sprinkled in (or highlighted), and not so much for all-purpose use like EchoBoy and Valhalla Delay.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:29 am My first impression is that Objeq is very unique and very musical, but more of a special use delay for particular flavors to be sprinkled in (or highlighted), and not so much for all-purpose use like EchoBoy and Valhalla Delay.
My idea as well. I've been using it quite a bit on EDM tracks where it can add a special touch to all sorts of sounds and beats but like some more folks have mentioned shop somewhere else for a general purpose delay.
Of all the xy delays in my arsenal I probably use the ones in UA Triad more than anything else these days. Pick a module, add a couple more, slap a resonator or reverb or whatever on it, make it stutter, .... (more than 40 FX to choose from) and all of that in up to three separate frequency bands or mid-side, pre or post FX and whatnot, best money spent in a loooong while.

Valhalla Delay is simply brilliant. Also Echobode for more creative and unusual delays.

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:53 pm Valhalla Delay is simply brilliant. Also Echobode for more creative and unusual delays.
echoing that EBoy is a standard for a reason, EBode for the wacky S#!T
best of luck
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Echo boy is not anywhere near the top of my list. I use waves multitap way more than the sound toys stuff. Then sandman pro, then valhalla delay.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

For whatever reason these ‘is Echoboy still good?’ threads seem to pop up fairly regularly.
Echoboy is as good as it has ever been. Depending on your tastes and needs it’s as good a delay as there can be and the year will not change that. Other delays that come out will not make Echoboy any better or worse than it has ever been.
You may love it or hate it but new years and new plugins won’t likely change that.

Sindikhate wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 am Objeq delay on sale at humble bundle as part of an AAS bundle. Worth it?
Objeq delay is phenomenal, but I don't really use it for conventional delays. You can do some really neat sound design stuff with it, or insert it on a drum bus and make it seem like a completely different percussion line backing the drums or whatever. It's based on physical modeling, so instead of coloring your delay with the tone of tape or a tube amp or whatever, it imparts the characteristics of a surface that would be struck for a percussive part - like a drum head, pipe, tube, etc.

Echoboy is still a damn good plugin and there is nothing out there that I've used that gets the Deluxe Memory Man sound as right as EB.

Return to “Effects”