soothe -> soothe 2 worth it to upgrade?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im not yet sure if i will upgrade but wanted to check some opinions on it.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The full frequency range operation and a new mode (new algorithm) which has less artifacts in my opinion were the reasons for me to upgrade. I really like Soothe 2 and use it a lot.

Definitely in my opinion!
Lower cpu hit was it worth alone. Multiband ability: you can throw it on the Masterbus and have it do its magic there.
Oversampling option for real time listening and rendering.
I completely stopped using version 1 after I upgraded.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm Definitely in my opinion!
Lower cpu hit was it worth alone. Multiband ability: you can throw it on the Masterbus and have it do its magic there.
Oversampling option for real time listening and rendering.
I completely stopped using version 1 after I upgraded.
+1
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Tried the demo and loved it but the price is a bit high but now there is a sale on I am going to get it

thx, is soothe 2 a different vst/dll or can you load old projects and soothe 2 will be loaded instead of soothe?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Keith99 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:10 pm Tried the demo and loved it but the price is a bit high but now there is a sale on I am going to get it
You're in luck! Just saw this posted:

Oeksound Easter Sale
until Tue 14th of April 14.00 GMT

Sooth2 for 139€ (was 199€) and Sooth2 upgrade for 39€ (was 50€)

Spiff for 99€ (was 149€)

Caine123 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 pm thx, is soothe 2 a different vst/dll or can you load old projects and soothe 2 will be loaded instead of soothe?
soothe2 is separate so you can have soothe and soothe2 in the same project. I loved soothe but soothe2 blows it away in terms of flexibility and CPU (offline processing is a godsend).

thx a lot guys, i just bought it, didnt want to buy anything but upgrades i think is legit :P

Yes.
Soft Knees - Demoscene - Live 10 - Diva - Omnisphere - Slate Digital VSX - TDR - Kush Audio - U-He - Fabfilter - PA - Valhalla - Fuse - Pulsar - NI - OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro

I bought it as well. Interestingly you also get a complimentary licens for Soothe 1 but not sure I see any need for that

Do these go on sale at any time besides Black Friday?

If anyone use Fl Studio, i've made a free soothe alternative, you can take a look on how it work on the following video
https://youtu.be/IMUf-CPPmWw

mitchbone wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:04 pm Do these go on sale at any time besides Black Friday?
They usually do an easter sale as well, at least they did so in the past 2 years.

Frankie.T wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm If anyone use Fl Studio, i've made a free soothe alternative, you can take a look on how it work on the following video
https://youtu.be/IMUf-CPPmWw
Hey man, this is pretty cool. Well done on putting it together in Patcher! Certainly on the audio example in the video it makes a huge improvement.

@Caine123 you will not regret the upgrade to Soothe2. It is an absolute godsend. Definitely in my top 5 most used / all-time. Pricey but worth it. I throw it all over mixes to de-mud (circa 300-800Hz) and de-hardness (1-3kHz) especially on ambient layers like pads, background strings, horns, guitar etc - Soothe is SMOOTH. However, I still find a good parametric like Crave is useful just for singular harmonic resonances that poke out too much - with an extreme Q factor of 40 you can zap them like a laser without affecting anything else - so I often use both Crave and Soothe in combo for ultimate control of resonance cleanup. It's remarkable how much cleaner and less fatiguing my mixes are now that I've trained myself to identifying whistling resonance and have the right tools to manage it.

Return to “Effects”