THE Psytrance thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 pm
recursive one wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:55 pm Also Neuroplasm - the Art of Melting Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1A3nI0mkko
Just finished listening to this album, man, this guy is king of k&b, never heard an album where every track's k&b combo was so good, thanks for this, top notch album!
Yeah, his basslines are fkn amazing, i use his tracks as references too.

Top notch kebab and beans :tu: :lol:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:57 pm You should also check Recursion Loop. High class stuff 👌🏻
This one is good, also Relativ and Neuroplasm.

Which console sound works well with psy trance?
Neve/SSL/API ?

Guess it doesn't really matter..

roman.i wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:51 am Which console sound works well with psy trance?
Neve/SSL/API ?
None and all, psytrance in most part never saw any of them, but most cheapest mixers artist could afford, but lately people are using whatever they have, also console sound that those plugins add are so subtle, it doesn't really matter that much at all, especially if you don't have anything worth of putting trough it, what will matter the most is how good are your kick&bass and overall track, if that all sucks, you can buy real SSL console, it will make no difference to listener, psytrance is as digital, bright, precise and clean sounding as you can get it, but nobody is stopping you to use whatever you like, personally I would go for SSL or API.

Passing Bye wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:56 am
None and all, psytrance in most part never saw any of them, but most cheapest mixers artist could afford, but lately people are using whatever they have, also console sound that those plugins add are so subtle, it doesn't really matter that much at all, especially if you don't have anything worth of putting trough it, what will matter the most is how good are your kick&bass and overall track, if that all sucks, you can buy real SSL console, it will make no difference to listener, psytrance is as digital, bright, precise and clean sounding as you can get it, but nobody is stopping you to use whatever you like, personally I would go for SSL or API.
It doesn't sound too subtle to me when used on all tracks, but I got your point.
The question is more about the choosing default channel strip and getting the right vibe, not about getting an expensive console sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKiU49L4VhE

Right vibe isn't about consoles at all, that's my whole point, psytrance was never about sound of any console, if you want the right vibe, better get Virus or Nord Lead instead, that would get you all the right colors for the genre you can imagine, if you are lucky to slap v1 Quadrafuzz on your bass.

Passing Bye wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm Right vibe isn't about consoles at all, that's my whole point, psytrance was never about sound of any console, if you want the right vibe, better get Virus or Nord Lead instead, that would get you all the right colors for the genre you can imagine, if you are lucky to slap v1 Quadrafuzz on your bass.
This.

SSLs in psy are frankly laughable. The only console worthy of mention is a Mackie 8 buss. Psy and acid were only ever made with the cheapest equipment available. They were the epitomy of the underground and unequivocally rejected wealth and anything posh.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Old school is in the house, exactly!

Passing Bye wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm Right vibe isn't about consoles at all, that's my whole point, psytrance was never about sound of any console, if you want the right vibe, better get Virus or Nord Lead instead, that would get you all the right colors for the genre you can imagine, if you are lucky to slap v1 Quadrafuzz on your bass.
If you ask any musician they will say it not about the console, and they're right, the 90% of the sound depends on instruments and effects, not on consoles.
But I'm not asking about instruments. Default daw eq, compresors etc are very clean and don't add any nice coloration. Mackie was mention above, but I don't think there are emulations of cheap consoles.

roman.i wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm
If you ask any musician they will say it not about the console, and they're right, the 90% of the sound depends on instruments and effects, not on consoles.
But I'm not asking about instruments. Default daw eq, compresors etc are very clean and don't add any nice coloration. Mackie was mention above, but I don't think there are emulations of cheap consoles.
It was also mentioned psy isn't about analogue or grit, it is about clinically digital production.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:44 pm
roman.i wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm
It was also mentioned psy isn't about analogue or grit, it is about clinically digital production.
Depends a bit of the sub genre though.. Imagine a hard, digital goa :lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”