any good all-around sample kit or pack for electronic and acoustic drums?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any good all-around sample kit or pack for electronic and acoustic drums?

Wave Alchemy probably has the best all around electronic drums, and their complete bundle or just Revolution will cover a ton of ground. I see they have a big sale ending tomorrow, too. Goldbaby is also often recommended. Soniccouture is the weird end of things, with Electro-Acoustic having drum machines played through a PA at full blast.

All around acoustic drums is something you could spend terabytes of disk space and thousands of dollars on, but if you want one library that will cover a lot of styles without necessarily all the gory detail of those libraries with 127 kick dynamic layers and five cowbell articulations, Premier Sound Factory Drum Tree is one that's worth looking at, though if you want WAV samples that you can load into any sampler and treat like electronic one-shots, then that won't get you there because it's Kontakt Player.

For just WAV samples without dynamic layers and round robins, basically acoustic drum equivalents of electronic drum sample packs, Drumdrops one-shot packs are 5 or 7.50 British pounds each, and they really nail old-school Motown, soul etc. sounds, so for that particular application I'd go with a bunch of those.

^ I've spent a good 150Gb on sampled drums. The only kit I _love_ remains nskit_7 from back in the mists of time. I used to like Analogue Drums but... I did something weird in my set up and I've lost all my settings and now they sound meh. It's disheartening thinking about fixing it but I should. Native Instruments Abbey Road and Studio kits are all acceptable.

Oh, and Karoryfer do some great kits. I can say Big Rusty Drums is well worth it - it's so versatile and responsive. And I didn't have to edit the mappings at all to get it right! (Or break, depending...)

Say, have you tried the full giant enormous TK Drums L1? https://tkd-sound.booth.pm/items/1745035

No round robins, but tons of articulations and velocity layers. A very thorough approach to sampling, though almost certainly overkill for the OP. And it seems today is "Smolken promotes small Japanese sample developers on KVR" day.

How about the drum loops used in the audio demo. I'm thinking of releasing them in a loop pack soon, if there is enough interest. Cheers'

https://soundcloud.com/touchtheuniverse ... showcase-v
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”