One Synth Challenge #134: Easter Lockdown Special - Any Synth (Voting Ended. Results pending)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I understand completely. I always prefer working with effects that I know well and use regularly over internal effects to keep an effective workflow. Just remember OSC's credo for working with effects outside the synth: Never go full 11! :D
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

It's not the first time I've seen this and I feel confused... Please tell me what "Never go full 11" means? :o

IV! wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:03 pm It's not the first time I've seen this and I feel confused... Please tell me what "Never go full 11" means? :o
It's from spinal tap: https://youtu.be/uMSV4OteqBE?t=78

To answer you directly: in context of OSC, it means that you should still be able to hear the original synth sound. The effect shouldn't drastically alter character of the sound.

Ahahah, thank you so much! :lol:

badblocks wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:01 pm -Can I use wavetables as long as they aren't sample based?
-Can I use commercial patches as a basis for my own patches?
-Can I submit a binaural (headphones required) track rather than a stereo mix?
Wavetables are generally fine if they aren't used for sampling effects. If you want to strictly adhere to typical OSC rules you might keep it down to crossfades between two waves + effects you can do in Serum's wavetable editor.

Commercial patches are usually not allowed, but we are allowing commercial FX this round... might need some official clarification here. Of course, you'll be fine either way (and maybe learn something) if you recreate that preset from init.

You can always make whatever mix you want (in fact I'd love to hear more binaural music) but you can't guarantee that everyone will listen on headphones. It's probably safer to submit a traditional stereo mix and link the binaural mix in the Soundcloud description.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Hi!
I didn't participate in the OSC for a long time. But this month I decided to participate for several reasons.
It is obvious that one of the reasons is of course isolation. I don't think any explanation is necessary. All of us have experienced this in one way or another.
But the main reason is the following. About a year ago, I bought a U-he Diva, but have used it very little so far. I sometimes got very interesting sounds from it, but I was more comfortable working with the simpler U-he ACE, TAL Bassline 101 and U-NO-LUX. So when I saw that any synthesizer could be used this month, I decided it was a great opportunity to better explore the possibilities of Diva. The result is this track.

So, this is my little story.
I hope you like the track:)

https://soundcloud.com/sin-it-sin/there ... in-osc-134

DAW Reaper 6

Synth: U-he Diva x16

FX:
ReaDelay x4
ReaComp x6
ReaEQ x17
TDR VOS Slick EQ x1
TDR Limiter 6 GE x1
TDR Kotelnikov x1
BOZ Little Clipper x1
Melda MUtility x1
Melda MAutopan x1
Melda MConvolutionEZ x5
Waves dbx-160 x1
Tritik Krush x6

I tried to use free effects and DAW effects whenever possible
I also used Melda MAnalyzer and MCompare

asi4 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:44 pm Hi!
I didn't participate in the OSC for a long time. But this month I decided to participate for several reasons.
[...]
Nice track. But did I miss the "bird song" part?

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:46 pm
[...]
I heard some birdish stuff in it.
By the way, if you're the Peter who made the preset bank for Bazille, thanks.

(Track removed. Entirely redid it and posted later.)
Last edited by empphryio on Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[...]
Thanks:). Short "Bird song" starts at 0:25 and also at the end of the track

[...]
You did not hear the seagulls?

asi4 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:21 pm
[...]
Thanks:). Short "Bird song" starts at 0:25 and also at the end of the track
With some help ... now I do ... potentialy not seaguls but other birds.

Sorry again about the rulez - If I would use MeldaProduction SoundFactory could I use the whole palette of FX including distortion, like with every other Synth that comes with distortion?

Of course you can use everything the synth has except sample playback.

Yeah Peter, distort those basses to hell!!!!!!!!!!!

But … keep safe and well ..

dB

Return to “Instruments”