Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

Cinebient wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:16 pm Another minute with a single preset.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... olic-world
lovely
just P900 ?

Amram wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:20 pm
Cinebient wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:16 pm Another minute with a single preset.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... olic-world
lovely
just P900 ?
Thank´s. Indeed, this is 100% P900 only, no extern FX.

that's stunning.
all round.
are you playing that with a 'standard' keyboard? nice work!

i'm sure i'll buy this when a VST version drops.
is anyone using this in Cubase with a wrapper by any chance?

sqigls wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:34 pm that's stunning.
all round.
are you playing that with a 'standard' keyboard? nice work!

i'm sure i'll buy this when a VST version drops.
is anyone using this in Cubase with a wrapper by any chance?
No, actually i just played most of the demos here just on my computer keyboard as midi input and just used a randomizer for velocity. My Seaboard Rise collects dust and i sold my other midi keyboard. I also like to use my idevices as midi sources.
So all you hear in the last 10-15 demos are just me playing on my macbook keys, lol.
A thing i miss in P900 is proper portamento/glide setting. This would make it much more expressive. There might be a way to set that up but i failed to create a proper glide sound in P900. So its def. not for all sounds and by far not the most expressive thing but it has such a rich and harmonic full sound that is kind of more organic as in most of my other synths. Things starting to get even more organic when you tweak parameters on the fly.
I succeeded to get close with other tools for some sounds i recreated in other synths or modulars (like my maybe new favorite modular Drambo on iOS) and for certain sounds f.e. Repro is even better but in general its the best sound from any synth for me for the sounds i like. I could best describe it as that it often almost feels like it reacts like an acoustic instrument.
Then do not forget i just scratched the surface her mostly and if you have a better cpu you might can go much further. For certain sounds i need to enable at least 4X oversampling but i can play almost no preset with more than 4 voices on my 6 years old macbook pro then. I can play f.e. 100 OSC in Drambo and in some sweet spots it sounds really almost as good but then you go a bit further and sync OSCs which modulates then 12 octaves of pitch and the filter and turn resonance to almost 100% and then add saturation P900 really shines for me and still sounds musical where most other already sounds like brown noise :D

the depth is phenomenal.

it destroys my macbook though.

The day i can afford to upgrade my computer, is the day i'll buy this synth.
I'd even buy a copy of Logic just to use it.
it's a VERY rich sound.

what sample rate do you work at?
I'm at 48kHz, i reckon 4x oversampling would take all 4 cores of my existing machine just to play a saw wave.
i did demo it very early on though.

sqigls wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:12 pm the depth is phenomenal.

it destroys my macbook though.

The day i can afford to upgrade my computer, is the day i'll buy this synth.
I'd even buy a copy of Logic just to use it.
it's a VERY rich sound.

what sample rate do you work at?
I'm at 48kHz, i reckon 4x oversampling would take all 4 cores of my existing machine just to play a saw wave.
i did demo it very early on though.
I mostly just work in 44.1khz (and mostly at 512 buffer) and i have just the entree macbook pro late 2013 with the 2.0 i7 quadcore. Normally i stay at 2X oversampling since it works good. Some presets need maybe 4x or even 8X if you go into almost inaudible highs or a lot saturation with resonance on top. Works also wit mono sounds.
But in general its O.K. for the sound and also especially for the high quality delay and reverb on top. At 2X oversampling i have no problem with 8 voice pads with long release and a good amount of audio rate stuff going on.
The strange thing with P900 is that even aliasing can sound musical here. Sometime i turn it off and get a nice "noise" on top without it sounding terrible and hard distorted as with some other synths when i do the same. So even the aliasing is musical here :hihi:
It indeed has in general a nice rich sounds across all the frequency range where others are on par in certain areas or even slightly better but if i start to play some big chords across a lot octaves there is something in P900 just sound more rich and alive.
Maybe placebo but that is how i feel it. And once you really like a sounds it is the right tool. The saturation is just musical compared to just the hard hitting stuff i hear in other synths. I heard no software synth yet which can make such organic brass, flute and some other organic sounds (beside physical modeling tools of course).
Again that might be my personal flavor. Funny that the only synth comes close with such saturated and still musical sounds is for me the Moog Model D app which has a wonderful saturation as well which is almost as good but once you crank up the resonance, P900 also wins here again.
Repro also has a great saturation but i still prefer P900 combined with all the little tricks under its sleeve. And of course nothing wrong to pick the best out of several synths. Just P900 can sound so smooth and soft but also has that gnarly, vibrant, growling sound without loosing the details, especially if you start to layer 3-4 or more of them and play them all together.

Just 3 more various presets. Cat FX, Analog Stereo Filters and a Saxophone like one.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p900-3-presets

P900 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:01 pm We have completed the coding of the P931 and P933 and remains the P938 in JUCE.
This will allow us to deliver AU and VST (for OSX, Win & Linux).
Let me know what you think of the design. There will be a signal chain switch to flip between Reverb and Delay as the starting point. I left the Dry/Mix on both the Delay and the Reverb, so as you can create sound palettes that work for you.
any news for the new products?

So, mainly P900 and a bit Replika-XT here.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/arpmania

So one minute and one pad from P900, no extern FX. 2 different filters used here. 4 voices.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p900-pad

The Pulsar 900 is no joke.

One of the best plugin purchases I've ever made.

A poly sequence. One preset, no extern FX.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... y-sequence

Oh boy I really don't want to read 82 pages of this thread but I'm on the fence whether to buy this synth.

Might anyone offer 3 positive and 3 negative points about this synth reference this large thread?

Raddler1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:59 am Oh boy I really don't want to read 82 pages of this thread but I'm on the fence whether to buy this synth.

Might anyone offer 3 positive and 3 negative points about this synth reference this large thread?
There is a 14 day demo which might answer all you need :)

Cinebient wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:57 am
Raddler1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:59 am Oh boy I really don't want to read 82 pages of this thread but I'm on the fence whether to buy this synth.

There is a 14 day demo which might answer all you need :)
I am demoing it, but that won't cover 82 pages of a thread. I just find it odd how a really nice sounding synth isn't talked about more. Makes me skeptical of something I may not be noticing. I imagine mac/AU only doesn't help though.

Return to “Instruments”