Random Melody Generator

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I get this to include "rests" as part of the melody.
In Logic I created a script that would randomly remove notes, but I'd rather just do this in RapidComposer. :D

that generator doesn't have that as an option. The way that generator works, it builds the phrase based on a rhythm. You could then build a manual rhythm with a rest (aka a missing note) for that. The problem though, it would generate a rest at the same spot every time.

Another option would be to use the idea tool. Create several rhythms with a rest at about were you would want and use those to generate the phrases. (e.g., have each rhythm with a rest on each beat, or, say, 8 beats, so, 8 different rhythms..) The idea tool would pick a random rhythm from the list..

The new "Melody Editor" solves this problem, btw.. Just have to wait for that release.. (should be soon!)

BluGenes wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:42 pm that generator doesn't have that as an option. The way that generator works, it builds the phrase based on a rhythm. You could then build a manual rhythm with a rest (aka a missing note) for that. The problem though, it would generate a rest at the same spot every time.

Another option would be to use the idea tool. Create several rhythms with a rest at about were you would want and use those to generate the phrases. (e.g., have each rhythm with a rest on each beat, or, say, 8 beats, so, 8 different rhythms..) The idea tool would pick a random rhythm from the list..

The new "Melody Editor" solves this problem, btw.. Just have to wait for that release.. (should be soon!)
Thanks for the info on this.
Actually I updated my script to do the following, if the current note is the same as the previous, I don't play the current note.

Now I get my "rests". :D
Last edited by ValliSoftware on Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

awesome.. glad you have it worked out.. ;)

BluGenes wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:08 am awesome.. glad you have it worked out.. ;)
So I know you might not know, but do you have an idea when that new "Melody Editor" is going to be released?

ValliSoftware wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:12 pm
BluGenes wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:08 am awesome.. glad you have it worked out.. ;)
So I know you might not know, but do you have an idea when that new "Melody Editor" is going to be released?
naw, sorry.. I am not in that loop.. ;) But, knowing from past releases, it is usually after the major crash bugs get fixed..

ValliSoftware wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:12 pm So I know you might not know, but do you have an idea when that new "Melody Editor" is going to be released?
The Melody Editor will be part of v4.0.
Everyone can access it even today in the beta version. In 5 minutes I'll post a new beta update.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:42 am The Melody Editor will be part of v4.0.
Everyone can access it even today in the beta version. In 5 minutes I'll post a new beta update.

Thanks,
Attila
Awesome, I'll download it.
Thanks for this info.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:42 am The Melody Editor will be part of v4.0.

Thanks,
Attila
Okay, I didn't see a download link in the beta thread, how do I download it?

description in the first post of the "V3 Beta Feedback .." thread

viewtopic.php?p=6290413#p6290413

Return to “MusicDevelopments”