Is GForce M-Tron Pro still the best "Tron" vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thejonsolo wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:40 am The Tron Violins are likely going to be part of the original sample set with M-Tron. The Streetly volumes add from other tapes and versions and would be of a less familiar nature than the more popular "go to" sounds of the 70's. I have M-Tron and all of the expansions and they are fantastic!

I used it extensively in this track...most audible in the last half of the music:

https://soundcloud.com/jonsolo/do-trees ... at-night-1
I really dig that man thanks for posting. Btw, are we able to actually save user presets in M-Tron Pro? And what's your favorite Streetly volume?

Yes you can save your own patches. In fact I love the ever included "Artist Patches" as it really shows you what can be done. All of the Streetly Tapes are different, but I love vol. 3. I also love vol. 4. It is so hard because there is just a lot of good stuff there. I would say that Vol. 3 was the first one that I did not buy JUST to get a specific patch. But I have found a little use for all of them.

The M-Tron Pro is on sale again at GForce, celebrating their 20 years as a company.

60% off... If my memory is correct, I think this is their deepest sale yet on the M-Tron line (including expansions).

Thanks for the heads up. This has been on my list for a while and for 60% off, I couldn't resist.

Anybody know if one can store the 3GB sample library on an external drive?

Yes, I store my MTron Pro library on a USB-C external drive. Works as smoothly (or more smoothly really) as keeping Kontakt libaries on an external.

Bought 100 Euros worth of expansions in the current sale, I'm addicted to MTron 'tapes' at half speed, or one at half speed and one reversed.

elxsound wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:48 pm The M-Tron Pro is on sale again at GForce, celebrating their 20 years as a company.

60% off... If my memory is correct, I think this is their deepest sale yet on the M-Tron line (including expansions).
Any suggestions for which expansions are the best bang for the buck?

I've been waiting for this sale for so long... And it comes just after I've upgraded my Arturia V collection 4 to 7, so now I've got Mellotron V. Is there any benefit taking M-Tron Pro? How does the factory library compare to Mellotron V? It looks like even in the factory library there's more tapes than in Arturia's, but maybe Arturia mixed some factory with some Streetly tapes? Anyone who has both can explain what I would be missing by not jumping on this deal?

And same question as above, which are the best expansions, especially when you already have Mellotron V?

If only the expansions were compatibles with Mellotron V it would be far easier to make a choice..
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

Does anybody know how long the sale will last?

Where are the classic sounds?
I can’t find any of sounds the Beatles etc used.
Last edited by simmo75 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdSfer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:22 am I've been waiting for this sale for so long... And it comes just after I've upgraded my Arturia V collection 4 to 7, so now I've got Mellotron V. Is there any benefit taking M-Tron Pro? How does the factory library compare to Mellotron V? It looks like even in the factory library there's more tapes than in Arturia's, but maybe Arturia mixed some factory with some Streetly tapes? Anyone who has both can explain what I would be missing by not jumping on this deal?

And same question as above, which are the best expansions, especially when you already have Mellotron V?

If only the expansions were compatibles with Mellotron V it would be far easier to make a choice..
Mellotron V is very nice, but the available tape selection is a drop in the bucket compared to M-Tron Pro. All the available expansions are good, and personal tastes will vary. Just check out the demo songs on the GForce website to decide if a particular one clicks with you.

I might take advantage of the current sale to pick up the only expansion I don’t have yet, which is the sound effects library.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:53 am Where are the classic sounds?
I’m demoing but can’t find any of sounds the Beatles etc used.
Pretty sure M-Tron Pro doesn't have a demo.

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:34 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:53 am Where are the classic sounds?
I’m demoing but can’t find any of sounds the Beatles etc used.
Pretty sure M-Tron Pro doesn't have a demo.
A senior moment... I've now edited my post, thanks for pointing it out :)

I bought it and am exploring it, trying to find my way around the presets... Jeez theres a lot.

Can you help where to find the classic presets?

Tappistry wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:19 am
elxsound wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:48 pm The M-Tron Pro is on sale again at GForce, celebrating their 20 years as a company.

Any suggestions for which expansions are the best bang for the buck?
I'd say the Streetly Tapes Vol. 1 is essential for classic sounds. Then Vol. 2 for variety.
After that the sounds get increasingly obscure and niche...
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”