FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Not particularly surprised, as BFD doesn’t really jive with seaboard. Wonder if Geist is next.

From email:
We’re excited to announce that BFD has been acquired by inMusic, a global leader in music production hardware, software and consumer electronics.

Together with inMusic, the core BFD development team will continue to develop our flagship products. They’re looking forward to this next phase and the opportunities to make BFD even better.

Whether you’re a new customer or have been with us since BFD1, we’re deeply grateful for your support and encouragement. It’s been 17 years since we released the first BFD engine, which has been recognised globally as a revolutionary acoustic drum instrument. We’re very excited to see what the future holds with BFD joining the inMusic family.

How does this change affect you?

There will be no immediate changes to how you access your BFD products, receive updates, support, or purchase new content. You will continue to access registered products and downloads through your FXpansion user account and receive the same product support via our Support Hub. In addition, FXpansion will continue to be a reseller of BFD products via FXpansion.com.

Our teams are working on a longer term account migration process, and we will be in touch once this is in place. In the meantime, we’re looking forward to providing updates and new content via FXpansion.com

If you have any questions, please get in touch with us through the Support Hub, Forum or via our social media channels.

Regards,

The FXpansion Team
Edit: Rearranged title for clarity.
Last edited by masterhiggins on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hopefully they start developing now, and fixing bugs...I hope this is a good thing. I’m not surprised, but this is preferred to seeing BFD die by slow neglect from FXPansion/Roli.

Hmmm. :?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

DMG68 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm Hopefully they start developing now, and fixing bugs...I hope this is a good thing. I’m not surprised, but this is preferred to seeing BFD die by slow neglect from FXPansion/Roli.
Agree. Wish they would’ve sold Tremor and their DCAM effects instead of just euthanizing them.

RIP
No signature here!

DMG68 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm Hopefully they start developing now, and fixing bugs...I hope this is a good thing. I’m not surprised, but this is preferred to seeing BFD die by slow neglect from FXPansion/Roli.
This is inMusic... they also own AIR Instruments. Updates are tumbleweed territory with them...

The BFD team is excited to be inMusic, and yes, we will use the word “synergies” without sarcasm or irony. 😁. Lots to do!
Last edited by SKoT_FX on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKoT McDonald
BFD | inMusic

Just got the Email, and my first thought was 'well that's the end of BFD', hope not, been there since the beginning, ended up selling all my Toontrack stuff, EZD2, Superior2 and Superior3 and all the expansions about a year ago because they never got used, I always preferred BFD, I got 53 expansion packs, so I'm invested, would like to see it continue on.

But when I read InMusic alarm bells went off in my mind, may have been something to do with M-Audio, but I know something went on in the past that wasn't a good outcome. Here's hoping.
Say NO to CLAP!

I’m just trying to be positive...

SKoT_FX wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:40 pm The BFD team is excited to be inMusic, and yes, will use the word “synergies” without irony. 😁
LMAO. I guess we'll see... like with AIR... in 20 year's time most likely for the next product news.
No signature here!

yeah, no. RIP BFD.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Already lots in the pipeline guys. I'm excited for the future of BFD. :tu:
We can't say too much, but already ... well... already plenty of reasons for chin stroking wonder!

-Drew
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Well, guess it won’t take long until you can buy BFD for 1 Euro at Plugin Boutique then ...

Sim.Sky wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:00 pm Well, guess it won’t take long until you can buy BFD for 1 Euro at Plugin Boutique then ...
Oh you cynic (and my exact first thought too ;) )

Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:54 pm Already lots in the pipeline guys. I'm excited for the future of BFD. :tu:
We can't say too much, but already ... well... already plenty of reasons for chin stroking wonder!

-Drew
So... some kind of chin controller, then. Yes, could work reasonably well with brush-based samples...
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Return to “Instruments”