FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:49 pm ooooh hes a famous person.
i was thinking businessman.

this is why im not in business, i wouldnt think of hiring a producer to such a position...
I think he's done some wonderful stuff over the years especially Neptunes and production for Kellis, but the amount they would have had to pay him is absurd, as you say not right for that position.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:52 pm

this is why im not in business, i wouldnt think of hiring a producer to such a position...
I think he's done some wonderful stuff over the years especially Neptunes and production for Kellis, but the amount they would have had to pay him is absurd, as you say not right for that position.
yeah had a quick look at his listing, recognised a few bits and his face. just the name meamt nothing for some reason.

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:55 pm

yeah had a quick look at his listing, recognised a few bits and his face. just the name meamt nothing for some reason.
Although Kellis doesn't seem too fond of PW now lol

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... s-pharrell
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:56 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Although Kellis doesn't seem too fond of PW now lol

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... s-pharrell
the guy from creme brulee puts it best

"music, its a shit business..." :lol:

revvy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm Google him then
Thanks. Now I’ll know who’s stupid face to blame when some of my favorite plugins are nothing but heaps of smoldering ash in a few years.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:01 pm
Thanks. Now I’ll know who’s stupid face to blame when some of my favorite plugins are nothing but heaps of smoldering ash in a few years.
Ah yes, always good to blame the wrong folks. Chapeau.

Hey man, he just took the job. Someone had to offer it to him and agree to pay him for that to have happened. I don't blame for Pharrell for Roli's misfortunes.

People blaming Apple in 3...2...

Wonder what is going to happen with challenge/response auth or it'll go ilok. Don't necessary want ilok but I want a product I can't install in the future even less

softska wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:19 pm Wonder what is going to happen with challenge/response auth or it'll go ilok. Don't necessary want ilok but I want a product I can't install in the future even less
I feel like iLok would be more of a challenge due to all the third-party libraries. Like, what would happen with my DrumDrops and Platinum Samples packs? You'd issue iLok auths for those? Would Platinum Samples and Drum Drops need to agree and be involved? Seems messy. I think they'd have to keep a version of the CR Auth system in place.

Air Music and Sonivox are terrible.
Hope BFD doesn't get the same fate like timewarp 26000

RIP

When I think of InMusic, I think of DJ. That, and the potential move to iLok are the major concerns I have.

Wonder what the current situation is, regarding transfers :scared:

softska wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:19 pm Wonder what is going to happen with challenge/response auth or it'll go ilok. Don't necessary want ilok but I want a product I can't install in the future even less
It will need M-Audio controller AND audio interface as a dongle.
No signature here!

I dunno how I feel about this. I'm not a fan of these faceless companies and conglomerates acquiring stuff I use. I'm sad that this has happened to BFD, as I really care about it; it's my acoustic drum go-to for which I have tonnes of additional content. I know it hasn't had any revolutionary updates in quite a while, but I considered it one of fxpansion's best assets. Maybe sales said otherwise (or they got their worth from this acquisition). Then again, I should have seen this happening after the ROLI thing. Man, fxpansion were one of my favourite devs, and British too! Oh well.

I'll see how this plays out before I consider moving to an alternative. BFD still does it's job without any issues at this point so nothing to cry about, yet.

revvy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Ah yes, always good to blame the wrong folks. Chapeau.
If Apple fails I blame Tim Cook. Not sure why this standard differs for audio company CEOs.

Return to “Instruments”