The Mangle (SoundGuru), is it still alive ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone soft wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:11 am
The panner works for me, for random panning per grain which is excactly what I expected. Version 1.1.1 here too, VST2. Windows 10, Reaper 6.08. Provide us some screenshots so we perhaps could find some clues to something peculiar on your end.

Anything mysterious going in multiparameter setup perhaps? Just trying to think what could be causing it when it's always worked for me.
Bodhisan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:01 pm I just did a google search - I'm sure you did, as well, and I don't see any issues with this type of problem with Reaper. Sounds odd, though. No help, I know (but this is your first post - it should be responded to, for crissake!).
Sorry! I realised a few hours after posting this that it was me being incredibly stupid, and inadvertently messing with something with the routing from the plugin into its track with Reaper (I think). I somehow did something like set its funtionality to mono in a way I hadn't seen before.
It works fine, and when I went around deleting the posts I had made asking if anyone else had the problem, I had forgotten this one.

Thanks very much for helping though, sorry! It was doing my head in and it took me a good few hours to work out what I had done wrong, so I think I learned my lesson this time. I'll hang on before asking next time, not a great feeling knowing that people are trying to help when it's just you being daft in the end.

I remember getting an email from the dev in June 2018 saying that there would be a new version at some point.

"I have joined a startup and my (more than) full time work leaves me exhausted - but that's no excuse.

Believe it or not, I am actually working on a new version with some nifty new features, as well as a more accessible interface for the visually impaired. But I can't promise when it will see the light of day."
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Here we go again on the status of that dev :hihi:

I really like the Mangle. I'm interested to see what "nifty new features" might be in mind.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

If one happens to have an iPad and like doing soundscapes and making evolving grooves, then Borderlands is worth checking out. For me, it is by far the most interesting granular synth I have used. So hands on, immediate and interactive... and very powerful.

scott_free wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm I really like the Mangle. I'm interested to see what "nifty new features" might be in mind.
If you know the background and history of this dev, you know it won't happen.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:22 pm If one happens to have an iPad and like doing soundscapes and making evolving grooves, then Borderlands is worth checking out.
Nice. Thanks for the tip! Will do.
Neon Breath wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:35 pm If you know the background and history of this dev, you know it won't happen.
Ahh. Too bad. It's a fun granular tool, locking grains to scales, multiple samples, etc.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

When hell freezes over we'll see another version of this synth.

Check out FRMS by imaginando. It is similar, in a totally different sort of way.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

In term of pure granular synthesis, I’d say Quanta from Audio Damage is the most similar one, in sound quality and workflow. (And still supported and updated)
Last edited by Neon Breath on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shout out to Pigments
Signatures are so early 2000s.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:48 pm When hell freezes over we'll see another version of this synth.
:lol: So true.. sad but true.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:48 pm When hell freezes over we'll see another version of this synth.
:lol: So true.. sad but true.
Oh, I don’t know. Anything’s possible - but you read the same three posters pissing on the dev and the same three praising. It’s Groundhog Day here on KVR.

Michael L wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:32 pm Check out FRMS by imaginando.
FM the Granular oscs...looks very interesting. Thanks! Planning to demo this before the sale ends.

Has anyone had a shot at creating something similar to the mangle, or other granular synths/samplers? I'm considering having a crack at it using the JUCE framework, but I'm a beginner with this kind of thing, so it'd be cool to know what I'm getting myself into.

Return to “Instruments”