ACID Pro 10 available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pretty weird collectrion of native instruments for a DAW with "acid" in its name...
ACID Pro 10 comes with four brand new virtual instruments:
  • 1957 Wooden Clarinet
  • Children Choir
  • Soloist Collection Handchimes
  • Bells and Glass
;) :roll:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:55 pm Pretty weird collectrion of native instruments for a DAW with "acid" in its name...
ACID Pro 10 comes with four brand new virtual instruments:
  • 1957 Wooden Clarinet
  • Children Choir
  • Soloist Collection Handchimes
  • Bells and Glass
;) :roll:
But perfect for a horror move soundtrack :evil:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:57 pm But perfect for a horror move soundtrack :evil:
Wouldn't wanna watch that while tripping... :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Coming soon- Sidechaining! Ohhhh
Xfer Serum included !? WTF Random- buying ACID may be a cheap route to getting serum if you have an old version to upgrade!
ARA2 - cant go wrong adding that!
zynaptiq technology: STEM MAKER 2 sounds interesting though....nothing about what exactly bit is on the zynptiq web site, but there tech is pretty good (I have adaptiverb and wormhole)
Last edited by SLiC on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

tonymax wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:22 pm looks like its till not 64bit yet

https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=2521 ... EsMRT1H22I
I thought it already converted to 64 bit in ACID PRO 8?
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Actually I think its 64 bit ONLY!

must have missed that somewhere... :D :D
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:11 pm Actually I think its 64 bit ONLY!

It seems that Magix really don't like updating their GUIs...

Acid Pro 10 is 25% off making it $150 instead of $199. The upgrade to Acid Pro 10 "Suite" is $200 off at $199 (and comes with a copy of Serum as mentioned): https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro. Update: looks like Acid Pro Suite is now on sale itself, at $299 instead of $399.

Current marketing strategy seems to play on the tool being prime for remixes / sampling. The zynaptiq stem maker 2 integration seems interesting. Also, it is 64-bit (OP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOfqs0aUrgY

The GUI certainly wont win any awards...has to be on the same tech as the old Sony products (menus look identical to early versions of Vegas). Judgement cast aside, bought the $150 version - we'll see how it is.

I bought the upgrade from ACID Pro 8 to 10 for 99$. For what it is, I think it's fun to slice, rearrange and remix loops and samples. The STEM Maker is far from perfect but it's a very useful tool to analyze and reverse engineer tracks. Plus you get 9 GB of samples and good plugins instruments and effects.

For the price, I'm happy with what I got. Changing my workflow with a different DAW is good to stay creative.

Edit: While looking at my invoice, I saw a coupon code for a free Acid Loops library. This is a nice addition.
Last edited by SampleScience on Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm a bit confused about the new "sidechaining" feature, which is described as though the only purpose of a sidechain is to perform sidechain compression with a kick drum. Am left none the wiser regarding Acid's actual inter-channel routing capabilities, before or after the update.

Magix... It still has that old "best" piracy protection system? It's defo their best feature, worth every money (to waste) :D

Acid is definitely good for vaporwave artist, you can feel 90s in every corner of this DAW :P

Magix are adding features to Acid Pro, but to be honest they are like 10 years behind so it'll take time before they catch up with the competition. For the moment, I think the best feature is the STEM maker, it's good for what it is even though it's far from perfect.

In terms of synths, adding SERUM is a really good idea imo. None of Magix's synth can compete with the top so they might as well license one of the best.

Acid is still the best if you want to mix and match loops in key. The closest competitor I've seen that does that is Mixcraft. The sample-based approach is good for hip hop production and yes, vaporwave too. ;)

Personally, I like it for its simplicity, but I wish they would add real features like audio to MIDI, key detection for unlabeled samples, fine-tuning of samples, automation curves, etc. The kind of features that would make what it's good at even better. In that sense, the possibility to play with the chopper with a MIDI keyboard is a step in the right direction.

Also, more MIDI tools would be a godsend but I doubt it'll come soon... so for the moment I use FL Studio and Live for that.

But can you run Magix Serum in other Daws?
The bundled plugins with with Samplitude only run in Samplitude, for example.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”