ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

jjj115 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 am Got an email about exchanging my nexus 2 license for a free nexus expansion of my choice. I've not upgraded yet, but thinking about it. Can someone confirm you can choose any pack from all of the titles, or is it a choose one from these pre-selected six titles type of thing?
Wait, what’s going on? I didn’t receive an email and I’m only a v2 user. Are they saying you get a free expansion if you upgrade?

tdm71 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 pm
jjj115 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 am Got an email about exchanging my nexus 2 license for a free nexus expansion of my choice. I've not upgraded yet, but thinking about it. Can someone confirm you can choose any pack from all of the titles, or is it a choose one from these pre-selected six titles type of thing?
Wait, what’s going on? I didn’t receive an email and I’m only a v2 user. Are they saying you get a free expansion if you upgrade?
No.
After you purchase N3, N2 license still sits on your e-licenser. So if you surrender it you get one free expansion. Any Expansion.

but keep in mind you cannot sell N2 then anymore

frizzbee wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:48 pm but keep in mind you cannot sell N2 then anymore
I didn't know you could sell your N2 license and keep N3. Is that possible?

Loudness_Contour wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:47 pm
frizzbee wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:48 pm but keep in mind you cannot sell N2 then anymore
no. once you've done the upgrade the N2 license gets "invalidated". though refx cannot remove it from the dongle they can close your and/or the buyers account when noticing you've sold it. and since N3 requires the internet connect they then can make nexus not run anymore easily.

trusampler wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:34 pm Refx,
Any idea when the NKS support will take place?
Is there a possibility that you would consider at least the N3 factory sounds get released or incremental steps so customers can see some form of support.
Thanks for the consideration.
This. What's it been now, 5 months?

NKS situation is sooo disappointing, I promised myself to buy N3 ONLY when all factory presets and all expansion presets will be NKS compatible. After 5 months, I might as well not buy it at all...

incompatible presets:
if you talk about the so called "30.000 rd party super trap, mega virus, ultra leads etc" expansions. They wont work! These are not really XPs, not even new sounds... these are just our factory and expansion presets, slightly altered (turned off arp, disabled OSC2, turned up mstfilter etc) and repacked. So basic functions you also can do with 1 click
no you cant. Technically when you purchased N3 to an reduced update price, this replaces your N2. You not longer are allowed to sell it (quite logical if you think about it). Only if you purchased N2 and then N3 both for the full normal price, you can resell N2

msvs wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 am incompatible presets:
if you talk about the so called "30.000 rd party super trap, mega virus, ultra leads etc" expansions. They wont work! These are not really XPs, not even new sounds... these are just our factory and expansion presets, slightly altered (turned off arp, disabled OSC2, turned up mstfilter etc) and repacked. So basic functions you also can do with 1 click
So we little users and all "30.000 rd party" sounddesigners learned, only their own sounddesigners are good and all the others are crap! Manuel, you are really a good sounddesigner, not the only one, but your "marketing" is the best free available entertainment on the whole market! If I would be a "30.000 rd party" sounddesigner, I would create for every VST sounds, except of this and the other one! :clap: :D

msvs wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 am
no you cant. Technically when you purchased N3 to an reduced update price, this replaces your N2. You not longer are allowed to sell it (quite logical if you think about it). Only if you purchased N2 and then N3 both for the full normal price, you can resell N2
Thanks for confirming Michael. Selling a previous version after upgrading didn't make sense to me.

So lets get this clear now, I upgraded my Nexus 2 to Nexus 3, and still can use v2 for old projects using 2.7.3 etc..

Is refx saying that if you surrender the dongle they give you an expansion? This is completely confusing me. What's the correct information here regarding the free soundpack, or is that even a thing?
I had no clue about this until I read that post earlier. There seems to be alot of confusion regarding the whole N3 upgrade process.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

And yes NKS support is sorely needed, especially when Freelance labs can do these sort of conversions for huge libraries like Uvi Vintage Vault, why is he not being sub contracted to do this Refx?
His work is is great!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Yes you agree to surrender your N2 license (thank goodness I didn't) and in exchange you get an expansion of your choice.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Got ya, ok I'm keeping my N2 license for safe keeping as well. Thanks
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:47 pm Got ya, ok I'm keeping my N2 license for safe keeping as well. Thanks
Welcome
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”