v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

yellukhan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:17 pm 3.9b12 RC Standalone & VST3 (didn't check VST2)
Idea Tool / Phrases: Use: after 4 it gives : (No Arrangement) :hihi:
Yes, indeed, this stopped working. :oops: I fixed that, and will upload a new update later today.
Good news is that I managed to fix the plug-in window resizing problems.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:57 am REAPER blocks certain keys, and does not send them to the plug-in. Please check this setting:

:oops:
uh! sorry!
i didn't even think to check the Reaper menus!
Thank you so much!
musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:18 am Yes, indeed, this stopped working. :oops: I fixed that, and will upload a new update later today.
Good news is that I managed to fix the plug-in window resizing problems.
:hyper: :love:

Hi milliondabeat,

thanks for your kind words!
I added these shortcuts today, which you'll find in the next beta version, posted in this topic in a few hours. If you need the download links, please send me PM or e-mail.

The first one has effect only in the "Piano Chord Pattern" and "Strum Pattern" generators where there is a Randomize button.

Thanks!
Attila
milliondabeat wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:59 am Hey Attila,
I’ve been using rapid composer for a couple years now great program! thank you for all the work you do.

I’d like to to make a couple suggestions/request,
Do you think you can add a keyboard shortcut for the “Randomize!” Button on the piano chord generator?

Also the same thing for the randomize button on the re-rhythmize variation. 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

As some of you may know, a friend and frequent forum poster, BlackWinny (Jacques) spends a lot of time in hospital for monitoring his bone marrow reconstruction. Fortunately he is feeling fine. He has no internet access most of the time so he asked me to post that he is "sending his warm thoughts to all our friends on the two main RapidComposer and Syne forums".

Thank you, BlackWinny, and get better soon! :hug:

Attila

Thank you Attila,
Thank you BlackWinny, i wish you get better soon! :hug:

RapidComposer 3.9b14 is available!

Improvements:
  • Shortcut added for randomizing parameters in 'Piano Chord Pattern Generator' and 'Strum Pattern Generator': "Randomize Parameters In Phrase Inspector"
  • Shortcut added for randomizing the currently selected variation (where you can see a dice button, like 'Re-rhythmize phrase'): "Randomize Selected Variation Parameters In Phrase Inspector"
  • Fixed: plug-in window resizing problems
  • Fixed: Idea Tool arrangement menu displayed 'No Arrangement' for more than 4 phrases.
  • Fixed: a crash when unloading the plug-in

Been WAY out of the loop for a few months, hope to dive back in soon—SO much to catch up on, it seems:) Remind me please how/where to get the latest/beta? Many thanks!

Hi David,
I am sending you the download links in PM...
Thanks,
Attila

Much appreciated, there's so much great new stuff to explore:)

Delete bug... If you import midi via the midi import tab, it also imports CC information with the midi.. However, if you delete the midi in the composition, the CC info stays....

With :

Phrases deleted :

--Shortcut added for randomizing parameters in 'Piano Chord Pattern Generator' and 'Strum Pattern Generator': "Randomize Parameters In Phrase Inspector"--

just for the record
seems we have to activate the "Auto-Apply" checkbox for this to work.

EDIT:
for this to work like regular (G) regenerate in the arrangement..

and a question
about keyboard shortcuts

while
"Send all keyboard input to plug-in" is active (Reaper),
is it possible to make the Spacebar / play
to send through to Host again, if we click to empty arrangement areas
or an empty part of the RC GUI ?

BluGenes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:36 pm Delete bug... If you import midi via the midi import tab, it also imports CC information with the midi.. However, if you delete the midi in the composition, the CC info stays....
Yes, unfortunately the CC's belong to the track and are independent of the notes. This will be fixed in v4.0 when phrases and notes will store their own CC's.

VST2 plugins on Mac / Catalina system running RC Beta 3.9 wont load

Im a long time user returning to RC after a 4 year hiatus and am blown away by all the wonderful features added since I was gone.

And Im very impressed with the variety of video tutorials that are now available as well. And a Manual as well! ;)

As I started going thru the "Settings" tutorial, I discovered that RC Beta 3.9 would not load my VST 2 plugins ( Philharmonic 2, Sample Tank 3 and Szforzando.) I get this error ....

"Plug-in "Philharmonik 2.vst" entry point not found.
No VST instrument or wrong architecture."

They load just fine into Studio One V4 with no issues. Im wondering if anyone else has bumped into this issue and how they solved it.

I also got in touch with Attila but haven't heard back yet.
Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 10.34.47 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:28 pm Hi Cereb,

this was a problem with the original v3.83 that was uploaded, however it is fixed in the current version. The problem was that certain entitlements were not included in the built executable even if they were added, so it was a build issue on my side.
Please re-download and re-install.

Thanks,
Attila

Cereb wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:54 am Hi Attila,

Just got around to trying V3.83 ... and RC won't detect VSTs. I get the following pop-up no matter what I add...

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 11.58.29.jpg

Is this happening for anyone else?

I recently installed a program called ONYX which cleans the MAC and I'm thinking maybe that has changed something under the hood. All previous versions of RC have detected VST just fine.

Thanks,

Cereb
I am have this same exact problems with Beta 3.9 on my Mac running Catalina. I posted a lengthy description above.

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:31 pm
BluGenes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:36 pm Delete bug... If you import midi via the midi import tab, it also imports CC information with the midi.. However, if you delete the midi in the composition, the CC info stays....
Yes, unfortunately the CC's belong to the track and are independent of the notes. This will be fixed in v4.0 when phrases and notes will store their own CC's.
awesome.. so, sounds like a new structure format internally for RC for notes and phrases, will this be a problem with backward compatibility with compositions?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”