v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:37 pm
lasvideo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:26 pm Attila just needed to make a fix to the beta software. ;)
Yes, it was my fault. Somehow the application lost its entitlements which included loading unsigned plug-ins. Recently the build process changed a lot (building app+3 plug-ins, new installer).
I am happy that this is fixed now. Thanks for reporting this problem, lasvideo!

Attila
Glad to help!

Hi Attila, thank you for the update.
Using both Au and vst plugins on my macbook is impossible for me because the GUI is too big and I m unable to resize it. Everything works fine though on my imac.

Thanks

Tanislas

In my "relearning" process with RC on the Mac /Catalina I noticed in tutorials (done on a PC) that in the Structure Menu, when moving a Verse vertically to a new position, a small horizontal reference line appears just below it which is very helpful in determining the exact placement of that Verse in the structure list.

When doing this same process on the Mac / Catalina Beta, I do not see this same thing. Is it possible to have this on the Mac as well?

Also, is there a way I can assign a key that will immediately return the playback cursor/pointer to the start of the timeline? Currently I have to use the arrow keys to jump in little leaps back to that point.

tanislas wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:05 pm Hi Attila, thank you for the update.
Using both Au and vst plugins on my macbook is impossible for me because the GUI is too big and I m unable to resize it. Everything works fine though on my imac.
Thanks for the feedback, Tanislas! What is the screen resolution on your macbook, maybe the default window size is too big? I have to check.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

lasvideo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 pm
Also, is there a way I can assign a key that will immediately return the playback cursor/pointer to the start of the timeline? Currently I have to use the arrow keys to jump in little leaps back to that point.
Just click the stop button twice.. there are other settings in the settings tab -> Misc as well..

Thanks!
How can I hear a note or chord when clicking on it or moving it? It seems I might have turned that function off while following a tutorial.

On Master Track I have "Enable Chord Preview when selected" on, but I dont hear anything when I select or move a chord.
Also, when I open the Phrase Editor to move a note, when selected or moved I dont hear anything.

BTW, I hear playback of the timeline just fine.

Solved the problem by deleting the Settings file.

lasvideo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 pm In my "relearning" process with RC on the Mac /Catalina I noticed in tutorials (done on a PC) that in the Structure Menu, when moving a Verse vertically to a new position, a small horizontal reference line appears just below it which is very helpful in determining the exact placement of that Verse in the structure list.

When doing this same process on the Mac / Catalina Beta, I do not see this same thing. Is it possible to have this on the Mac as well?
I am afraid this stopped working. I did not realize this. I'll have a fix shortly.
lasvideo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 pmAlso, is there a way I can assign a key that will immediately return the playback cursor/pointer to the start of the timeline? Currently I have to use the arrow keys to jump in little leaps back to that point.
The Return key is used for this by default:

Wonderful! Thanks Attila.

lasvideo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:43 pm Thanks!
How can I hear a note or chord when clicking on it or moving it? It seems I might have turned that function off while following a tutorial.
Make sure that the chord preview instrument is properly set up under the Settings / Preview tab.

The Phrase Editor also uses the chord preview by default, which you can change if you right-click on the PLAY button (screenshot from beta version):

Thanks,
Attila

Yes, I checked those and they were set up correctly. After combing the Misc list a while I just decided to delete the Settings file and that got things working again.

Deleted by Tom.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:48 pm Hi crossovercable,
Yes, this is how it worked before v3.9b14 when I made resizing smoother.
Are you sure you have seen this with v3.9b14 and not with an earlier version?

Yes, this is a known limitation. :( "LOCAL SEQ" uses an internal sequencer with own timing but it does not handle audio. I will fix this shortly.

Thanks,
Attila
v3.9b14 is fine until you load a project into it then it blacks out,
the project has one midi and 4 audio tracks.

It was sending midi out to a VST in Reaper but not the audio so it just sounds like it's disabling the audio output when you click Local SEQ.
Thanks for having sfz in the plugin ! Ken over at SynthFont just added an option in his VSTSynthFont to send the midi input channel out to a VSTi as well as an sfz, so it can load other VSTi's inside the VSTi.
But no big deal I know you probably have that planned down the track and maybe a pan for audio as well as stereo wavform display for stereo wav and drag n drop import wav.
Thanks again, it's like home here as I have been having so my problems in another forum trying to explain simple things that is common to every audio/midi app for over a year and it's only now got through.
Thanks again I really do appreciated what you do.

Hi Attila, my macbook is a 15" with the default (1440 x 900) resolution.
Thank you
T.
musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:01 pm
tanislas wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:05 pm Hi Attila, thank you for the update.
Thanks for the feedback, Tanislas! What is the screen resolution on your macbook, maybe the default window size is too big? I have to check.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello everyone !
As far as I know, you can’t assign MIDI channels to different notes into phrases, for example, for drums (which is a pity, this creates great difficulties when playing an standalone program on DAW) ... But (maybe I don’t know about this), you can’t automatically split the phrase by pitch notes to individual tracks, then assign individual MIDI channels to each note. Split into separate tracks a drum MIDI file is possible only when importing a MIDI file, but not a phrase on the track ((

Hi Attila!
I would also very much like to have the Main Solo button, which turns on / off all the Solo buttons on tracks at once!)
And to the to-do list .. Search box by word in the Shortcuts Keyboard window! Thanks !

Return to “MusicDevelopments”