DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

This synth is really curious, it can sound really big and strangely the preset I'm playing at the moment has much unison, too, but just needs 11% CPU? And it has some great presets! By the way, I don't make EDM music ... :D

EDIT:
Perhaps it would be better to change nothing, because it has really charakter! :D

clipnotic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 am This synth is really curious, it can sound really big and strangely the preset I'm playing at the moment has much unison, too, but just needs 11% CPU? And it has some great presets! By the way, I don't make EDM music ... :D

EDIT:
Perhaps it would be better to change nothing, because it has really charakter! :D
Would you reccomend?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:28 am
clipnotic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 am This synth is really curious, it can sound really big and strangely the preset I'm playing at the moment has much unison, too, but just needs 11% CPU? And it has some great presets! By the way, I don't make EDM music ... :D

EDIT:
Would you reccomend?
Oh no, if I would recommend, I would be guilty! And this plugin is NOT a clean perfect working VST and I have it just a few days, but I will work with it more and I will post my experience ... :D

clipnotic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:37 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:28 am

EDIT:
Would you reccomend?
Oh no, if I would recommend, I would be guilty! And this plugin is NOT a clean perfect working VST and I have it just a few days, but I will work with it more and I will post my experience ... :D
Haha, thanks. :D Btw, Rob Papen has released a new synth. Seems interesting actually-
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:00 am Haha, thanks. :D Btw, Rob Papen has released a new synth. Seems interesting actually-
well, I'm not a Rob Papen "fan", I have some of his synths and I have his book, but as I read it, I wrote a own book ... but to be fair, his best VST is Blue! :D

clipnotic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:06 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:00 am Haha, thanks. :D Btw, Rob Papen has released a new synth. Seems interesting actually-
well, I'm not a Rob Papen "fan", I have some of his synths and I have his book, but as I read it, I wrote a own book ... but to be fair, his best VST is Blue! :D
Im not a fan either, but i have to agree, his best synth is Blue indeed :)

clipnotic wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:03 pm
LeVzi wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 am This is a CPU hog too, Sounds fine, nothing ground breaking, but for what it is, it needs less CPU use, even on low settings, its still far too heavy on the CPU. 30-40% on a patch for an ARP is ridiculous. I am wondering, is there an optimization difference between VST 2 and VST 3 ? I installed the VST3 version and it's as I described, but I wonder if the VST2 is less CPU crazy ? I remember Cubic Audios evolution ROMpler, that wasnt as CPU crazy at all, wondering what went wrong here.
Yes, it needs really much CPU. My test track has two instances and if I reduce release to 0 and deactivate the FX it still need 25 % for two standard unison patches.

To compare:

I'm working on another song with 4 x Dune3, 4 x Nexus and 1 x Sylenth layered in the main part with much unison and FX. At that part of the song the CPU use is 22%.

I'm working with a current Intel Core i7 system and Win10
I mentioned this on the dev page on facebook, and they said the CPU use will be addressed in a future update. So fingers crossed.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:52 am I mentioned this on the dev page on facebook, and they said the CPU use will be addressed in a future update. So fingers crossed.
That's great! :tu:

I don't know much about Ascension, but I heard that there's a Kickstarter underway and I remembered seeing a thread here.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/as ... tes-151-16

The stated goal is to fund development of versions 1.5.1 and 1.6. Their target seems really low to me but it's on them to know what they're doing.
I hate signatures too.

Is 1.6 a free upgrade?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Not work WIN10 64.
1111.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Access Virus FAN

Anjey_Olaf wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:40 pm Not work WIN10 64.1111.jpg

Hey there - I'm 100% certain that we can fix your issue with a little more information. Please feel free to drop me a support ticket from the Ascension micro-site support page or, even better fill in a diagnostic bug report.

Best regards,
Peter @ Ascension
:!: Want to get in touch? Email me! info@ascension-vst-synthesizer.com :!:

:idea: Need Ascension Synth help? Visit https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.c ... ct-support :idea:

I see an update has been released for this, but I cannot find it anywhere to download, Plugin Boutique (Where I bought it) is still version 1.5

Where can I get the latest release ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 pm I see an update has been released for this, but I cannot find it anywhere to download, Plugin Boutique (Where I bought it) is still version 1.5

In Plugin Boutique, scroll down where you see v1.0. V1.5 is right under. I downloaded it there two days ago.
I know, weird...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:24 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 pm I see an update has been released for this, but I cannot find it anywhere to download, Plugin Boutique (Where I bought it) is still version 1.5

In Plugin Boutique, scroll down where you see v1.0. V1.5 is right under. I downloaded it there two days ago.
I know, weird...
LeVzi is looking for v1.5.1 that was released the other day. I am as well, but haven't found it.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”