FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

himalaya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:19 pm
elxsound wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:23 pm

And I love what you guys have done with ROLI Studio Drums...
Happy to hear that you like it. These are 5D drums....I mean, say it again: 5-Dimensional drum sounds. :o :D Crazy sh!t. :D

(although, they mostly use 4 dimensions :hihi: )
Is that your work on this one? If so nice one (and not that I should be surprised... You always do great work)!

I mostly just see a lot of potential for the sounds once user customization opens up and especially if using a synth as a sound generator for each drum hit... Which reminds me that I need to look into mapping something like Microtonic to MPE. Can you even map that one out? If so, this could be fun.

There are 11 drum kits from me, and 4 from Illegal Synthesis (Mayur Maha). Mike Bugh also helped to source the acoustic sounds.

The drum synth behind the RSD engine is insanely good! The best drum synthesiser I've ever used. And it's the only 5D drum synth there is! Angus Hewlett did this one (if I may reveal some titbits).
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Angus_FX wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:37 pm Cypher2 & Strobe2 are still being maintained...
hi. Angus, when can we expect an updates for Cypher and Strobe fixing transmod bug with automation disappearing after moving cut-off filter? They were promised a long time ago.

himalaya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:50 pm There are 11 drum kits from me, and 4 from Illegal Synthesis (Mayur Maha). Mike Bugh also helped to source the acoustic sounds.

The drum synth behind the RSD engine is insanely good! The best drum synthesiser I've ever used. And it's the only 5D drum synth there is! Angus Hewlett did this one (if I may reveal some titbits).
I only just checked it out early last week! But I'm very excited by this.

And a very belated congrats on the release. :party:

Iva wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:16 pm
Angus_FX wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:37 pm Cypher2 & Strobe2 are still being maintained...
hi. Angus, when can we expect an updates for Cypher and Strobe fixing transmod bug with automation disappearing after moving cut-off filter? They were promised a long time ago.
Not just cutoff filter. Modulation of any parameter can disappear when you tweak that parameter. I can’t believe it’s been left this way for so long.

Wrong post.

triggerthehorizon wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:47 pm Does anyone know what kind of anti-piracy InMusic use for their stuff? Will BFD now require an ILOK?
You need to purchase an interface or a controller from M-Audio, Alesis and AKAI each. Together they function as a one multi-layer superdongle.
No signature here!

Double post
Last edited by triggerthehorizon on Sat May 02, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Got a Keystation 88 mkII and an Akai MPC already, I love them! Now I just need an Alesis E-drum

robotmonkey wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:17 am
triggerthehorizon wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:47 pm Does anyone know what kind of anti-piracy InMusic use for their stuff? Will BFD now require an ILOK?
You need to purchase an interface or a controller from M-Audio, Alesis and AKAI each. Together they function as a one multi-layer superdongle.
[/quote]

@Iva & @EITA - the bug is acknowledged & there's a maintenance update in the works, but I can't say anything on timelines.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:21 am @Iva & @EITA - the bug is acknowledged & there's a maintenance update in the works, but I can't say anything on timelines.
Great, thanks for letting us know!

I was looking at FXpansion site yesterday and noticed quite a number of Legacy Products.

DCAM Synth Squad is now discontinued and is no longer available.

DCAM Synth Squad Preset Packs
Legacy Product - no longer available to purchase

Third party DCAM Synth Squad presets
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
404 Error
404 Error

Tremor is now discontinued and is no longer maintained.

DR008
VST to RTAS Adapter v2
VST to AU Adapter v2
Guru
Etch
Maul
Bloom
DCAM Dynamics

I hope BFD gets a serious makeover.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:48 am I was looking at FXpansion site yesterday and noticed quite a number of Legacy Products.

DCAM Synth Squad is now discontinued and is no longer available.

DCAM Synth Squad Preset Packs
Legacy Product - no longer available to purchase

Third party DCAM Synth Squad presets
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
404 Error
404 Error

Tremor is now discontinued and is no longer maintained.

DR008
VST to RTAS Adapter v2
VST to AU Adapter v2
Guru
Etch
Maul
Bloom
DCAM Dynamics

I hope BFD gets a serious makeover.
Anyone remember Orca?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Me :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Any maintenance updates on the way to fix some of the known bugs introduced with the last version? :D

Return to “Instruments”