Stone Voices – Moss Equalizer 1.4 (Free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Moss Equalizer

Moss Equalizer 1.4
VST2 and VST3 version

Free VST plugin - Moss Equalizer effective 265 - band (1/24 oct.) FFT equalizer, able to adjust levels in the range from -150 to +60 dB, in the frequency range from 10 to 20000 Hz.

With the help of Moss Equalizer you can change the amplitude-frequency characteristic of the audio track as you like: increase the bass/treble level, remove the infrasound and the so-called “rumble” microphone, and also cut out the noise created by the interference of the 50/60 Hz AC network. We emphasize that this equalizer can perform the modeling of so-called comb filters, which allow to obtain an effect whose sound very much resembles a vocoder.

Actually, the main goal was to create a free FFT equalizer with user-friendly editing of the frequency curve, however, during the development process, we completely unexpectedly found that this plug-in can also produce an excellent effect, the sound of which resembles a vocoder. :tu:
In this case, frequency characteristics are used that resemble a comb with sharp teeth in shape, peak frequencies are tuned in accordance with musical tonalities and their overtones.

You can load the frequency response from a text file with the extension .meb (Moss Equalizer Bands) by selecting the item "Load Bands ..." in the context menu of the presets. Samples of .meb - files with characteristics of comb filters can be found in the "Bonus" folder. :tu:
Moreover, you can control the selection of the desired slot with loaded frequency characteristics via MIDI CC controller # 16 (General purpose controller 1).
We show in this demo video how to do this in FL Studio 20.

Demo video
This video also uses the Ambient Reverb 6.0 VST plugin. :tu:
Requirements:
  • Windows 8, 8.1, 10
  • DAW with support for VST plugins
  • Default Web Browser
Links:

Homepage
Download (3.1 MB)

Download and enjoy! :wink:
Last edited by vasyan on Sun May 03, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Very Cool and the preset switching is a nice feature. Thanks

This looks amazing! Thank you, sir! :hail:

Gotcha!

Hi,

The filter doesn't work when loaded into Plugin doctor.
No curves are shown:
- Tried both VST2 x64 and VST3 x64 versions.
- Tried multple presets and plugin settings.
- Compared with another filter, that one does work after loading.
- Plugin doctor version 1.4.1

Haven't tried it yet... Downloading now. How do you make .meb files?
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

RPH wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:35 pm Hi,

The filter doesn't work when loaded into Plugin doctor.
No curves are shown:
- Tried both VST2 x64 and VST3 x64 versions.
- Tried multple presets and plugin settings.
- Compared with another filter, that one does work after loading.
- Plugin doctor version 1.4.1
Hi, what version of Windows do you have?
Are the OpenGL drivers fresh?

rcrath wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:17 pm Haven't tried it yet... Downloading now. How do you make .meb files?
Hi, you can create and edit .meb files in any text editor.
The recording format is very simple:
Frequency value in Hz [space or tab] Gain value in dB

example:

Code: Select all

10	-6
60	0
7980	0
15800	-7.5
20000	-7.5

Thank you, Vasily! :clap:

It looks very functional and useful - will try it the next days!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

MRT wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:15 am Very Cool and the preset switching is a nice feature. Thanks
Hi, the presets do not switch, however, in each preset you can create 8 slots with different frequency characteristics and switch them either manually using the buttons with the chars 'A'..'H' or via MIDI CC controller #16.

vasyan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:24 am Hi, what version of Windows do you have?
Are the OpenGL drivers fresh?
I'm running Windows 10 pro 1909, openGL version 4.6.
Think I updated my graphics driver a few weeks ago (Nvidia Geforce GTX 980).

Your plugin runs fine in DAW Renoise.

RPH wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:04 pm
I'm running Windows 10 pro 1909, openGL version 4.6.
Think I updated my graphics driver a few weeks ago (Nvidia Geforce GTX 980).

Your plugin runs fine in DAW Renoise.
Hey. In my practice, there have been cases when the plugin did not function in the environment of certain DAW. As a rule, these are not widespread DAW, and some of them had errors and shortcomings, in particular, the VST protocol was not respected.
In your case, I should work on finding problems with this DAW, but funding for these works is not provided. If you insist, then I can do this work for a fee.

Hi,

Plugin doctor is not a DAW, but an analyser of VST plugins. It's fine, no need to find the problem.

https://ddmf.eu/plugindoctor/

You are correct, what I was referring too were the 8 frequency characteristic slots and the ability to switch them.
Again thanks for your efforts on this.

the plugin mutes the sound in studio one here (v4.6.1, win 10). it's all there, but no sound. also the meters don't show any action.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Effects”