Plugins that deserve attention which uses iLok dongle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm planning to get iLok dongle because of Seventh Heaven Pro but I keep yourself to get it only because of one plugin. Can you head up me other good plugins that use iLok dongle authorization?

Another good one - Empirical Labs Arouser, but I don't need compressor so it's not pushing me))

Thank you.
Last edited by Dombaeb on Thu May 07, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eventide.
Particularly Instant Flanger II, Instant Phaser II, Omnipressor, and the Elevate Bundle.

Expressive E Arché Collection.

ReLab.
https://relabdevelopment.com/

Exponential Audio (now under iZotope.)

I’ve edited this list 3 years later because Arché Collection and Exponential Audio are both abandonware.

Eventide and Relab are both solid, still.
Last edited by jamcat on Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Eventide? Isn't this for dongle-only? Eventide, as well as Exponential Audio, Soundtoys, Softube and others can be activated with software iLok, no dongle required.

There's still a few good Kush plugins that are dongle only.

I think the least plugins are iLok dongle only. I don't have a single one here. Eventide, Soundtoys, Exponential Audio, iZotope, AIR, Metric Halo, all can be activated either machine activation or dongle (in iZotope's case, you have to use the iZotope Product Portal software for machine activation).

Yes, some are soft iLok now, but you can still use the dongle (I do.)

After checking my iLok Manager, I see that of all my iLok plugins, only Slate Digital require a hardware dongle anymore.

Anyways, here's a list from PACE.
https://www.ilok.com/#!ilok-publishers
Last edited by jamcat on Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Thank you, guys.

I'm interested in plugins that use strict iLok dongle authorization and don't allow software authorization. Like early mentioned Seventh Heaven Pro.

Several dongle-only devs added cloud when iLok introduced the feature. These devs generally don't trust the soft iLok but find cloud equally secure.

Chicken Systems Translator 7 is either dongle or cloud, no soft iLok. So for internet-less workstations or people who don't like logging in every time, it's essentially dongled. But it's worth it to me, if you work with many samplers or create your own sampled instruments. It comes with an autosampler and other really useful tools. Though I bring the samples into Sound Forge for loop tuning. But it'll MIDI trigger and name files and make the instruments. Saves a ton of time.

MIA Laboratories is also dongle or cloud only. Slate is dongle only. I got the dongle for Seventh Heaven Pro as well, it was worth it for that and the convenience the dongle brings.

yellowmix wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:17 am Several dongle-only devs added cloud when iLok introduced the feature. These devs generally don't trust the soft iLok but find cloud equally secure.
I really wished that Eventide, Soundtoys and some others would allow iLok cloud activation. AFAIC, very, very few developers (I haven't come along any) really allow iLok cloud activation.

Sucks as I really want to get rid of any dongle. Bad enough I have to plug my keyboard, my mouse, my MIDI keyboad and my USB audio interface via USB. With laptops which only have 3 USB ports (like mine), it can get really, really tight.

No plugin that uses Ilok deserves attention.

That said, one or two plugins from Soundtoys and some from Eventide.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:28 am No plugin that uses Ilok deserves attention.

Just why? :roll:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

robotmonkey wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:28 am No plugin that uses Ilok deserves attention.

Oh, please, stop it. If I would really want to turn this thread to "iLok opinions holy war", I named it a different way and prepare a bucket of popcorn. I hope we won't share our opinion about the protection system, only about valuable plugins.

I say just one word: soothe. On of the best plugins ever and used by so man pro's in the studios. A good reason why. Great on vocals when needed. Great on harsh cymbals and great on high gain guitars. It does something other plugins can't do.

Lexicon, McDSP

EDIT: These ones below do not require a dongle. Leaving them here to mention the sale.

Exponential Audio, particularly with Phoenixverb currently being $10
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... erb-Stereo

Also McDSP 6050. Currently on sale at $50 or less.
Last edited by jochicago on Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

You should add to your main post or title "please no whining about iLok". Otherwise you'll attract all the haters instead of those who can actually give you ideas about some iLok protected plugins and collections that may change the way you work in a very positive way. I was pretty stubborn at first about not using anything iLok. Then I had to get it for a project that made it absolutely necessary. Guess what. I've been using it now for about 6 or 7 years and I have run into ZERO problems ever since. For me, for instance, having McDsp plugins was phenomenal, Sonnox, Audified, Slate, UVI, Soundtoys, Pulsar, Nembrini, PSP... the list goes on. I could not work without iLok plugins, period.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Effects”