No love for Crave EQ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a linear phase eq. I already have the "Frequency EQ" that comes with Cubase but I dont like the UI (should be larger or resizable). During my researches for Fabfilter Pro-Q I found a thread, over at Gearsluts, where a few guys were praising the Crave EQ from Crave DSP. I compared it against Pro Q and I have to say that Crave EQ's user inferface works much better for me (smoother workflow, larger fonts, fully resizable).

I wonder why this EQ doesnt get much attention :?: It was released in 2017 and there are no magazine reviews, very few results at Google and here at the kvr-database only 5 people have marked it as favorite? If you put the dynamic features from Pro Q aside i find Crave EQ superior and it costs only 60 euros :o Do I have overlooked something?

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I bet Crave EQ is awesome, but i think most here are already covered by great digital workhorse EQ.
If i dind't already have Pro-Q, i'd seriously consider Crave though, the price alone is much better.
The color choices on that photo look horrendeos though. Are those default? Can they be changed?
Scarily reminds me of the original CGA 4 color palette from 1984 or so. :-o

(for those fortunate enough not to have witnessed CGA in all it's glory, just look at the photo above. Luckily, most of us had monochromatic screens at that time :party: )
Last edited by FapFilter on Sat May 16, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I think there is quite a lot of praise for this eq, when it's his only product at the moment. My go-to eq definitely after testing all the usual suspects.

vurt will be all over this. the color scheme matches his leg warmers perfectly.

FapFilter wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:54 am I bet Crave EQ is awesome, but i think most here are already covered by great digital workhorse EQ.
If i dind't already have Pro-Q, i'd seriously consider Crave though, the price alone is much better.
The color choices on that photo look horrendeos though. Are those default? Can they be changed?
Scarily reminds me of the original CGA 4 color palette from 1984 or so. :-o

(for those fortunate enough not to have witnessed CGA in all it's glory, just look at the photo above. Luckily, most of us had monochromatic screens at that time :party: )
The colors are not editable, but I find the colour scheme really harmonic. It's pleasing on the eye and it fits nicely to the Cubase color scheme (looks almost like a stock plugin)..

the pink is literally hurting my eyes. Why not just white?

Otherwise, i think it will most likely be an awesome EQ i'd recommend anyone to try first, before forking out that much on Pro-Q

It looks beautiful. Use your ears, not your eyes.

I do. And i use StonEQ for that.
Otherwise, i could also just dig out ReaEQ. It is also ugly, but at least no literal pain from a color that is burning into my retina

sonicpowa wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:57 am I think there is quite a lot of praise for this eq, when it's his only product at the moment. My go-to eq definitely after testing all the usual suspects.
I never heard about Crave EQ before and without that thread at gearsluts it would have stayed that way. Maybe a review at Music Radar or another platform could boost it's attention ... or an influencer review at Youtube (that snake-oil-guy for example). Seems that the developer has no interest in marketing ... strange ... this is really fine plugin.

I considered CraveEq quite heavily, but bought ProQ3 instead. For me and my ears I just like ProQ3 better, but Crave is an incredible EQ as well!

double post ...
Last edited by audiot on Sat May 16, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

triple post ... too much beer yesterday ... and that damn edit button :x

Aloysius wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:03 am vurt will be all over this. the color scheme matches his leg warmers perfectly.
:lol: :lol:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

TheD20 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:18 am I considered CraveEq quite heavily, but bought ProQ3 instead. For me and my ears I just like ProQ3 better, but Crave is an incredible EQ as well!
In which cases it sounded better? I havent installed the Pro Q demo anymore. I find that both are great at boosting frequencies - less distortion, which has to do with that linear phase thing I think. I couldnt hear a noticable difference in that case.

Return to “Effects”