RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

clipnotic wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 pm Even in the full version very few of the patches use (or need) more than a couple of layers...
Rapid is still missing a lot of fairly obviusly features to take it next level such as loading presets to layers and duplicating layers etc., I think there is also a lot more fun that can be had between layers using X/Y, sequence (one step per layer etc) but its early days and the synth has improved greatly since it came out, so I am glad I am in (@45% off) and look forward to the ride...
You can copy layers from 1 instance to another and you can duplicate layers within a preset
I want to be able to load a preset to a layer without overwriting, most of the sounds just use 1 layers, I would like to be able to drag a preset to a layer, this would make it fast to build up multilayer patches.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:11 pm
clipnotic wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 pm Even in the full version very few of the patches use (or need) more than a couple of layers...
Rapid is still missing a lot of fairly obviusly features to take it next level such as loading presets to layers and duplicating layers etc., I think there is also a lot more fun that can be had between layers using X/Y, sequence (one step per layer etc) but its early days and the synth has improved greatly since it came out, so I am glad I am in (@45% off) and look forward to the ride...
You can copy layers from 1 instance to another and you can duplicate layers within a preset
I want to be able to load a preset to a layer without overwriting, most of the sounds just use 1 layers, I would like to be able to drag a preset to a layer, this would make it fast to build up multilayer patches.
if you'll just copy a layer from one instance to a layer in a second Rapid instance, you will not overide the preset in the second instance, only the layer you paste it! So, you can use one Rapid instance for browsing layers and the other instance to paste and mix them.

EDIT:
of course a solution like in Omnisphere would be cool, but Omnisphere costs much more! :D

I didn’t know you could do that with 2 separate instances, great tip, I will give that a go!
Thank you.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:39 pm I didn’t know you could do that with 2 separate instances, great tip, I will give that a go!
Thank you.
Yes, that works! And for that it's an advantage, that most presets just have 2 layers, because you can hear them good by browsing the presets! :D

Venus Theory is hosting a giveaway of two copies of Rapid. It's in the form of a song writing / music production competition. If you want to participate you can find the details in the video!

There is also a four layer "ambient pads" patch breakdown utilizing the resynthesis feature to add some noise textures. Definitely shows a few creative sound design tricks to learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUXEOyGA2g

@Development:
It got a bit quiet here, so here are some good news. It was on the road map since the initial release.
Now finally. Granular Synthesis!

There will be more information on it in the next days/week. Also some audio examples.

Granular Synthesis!!!!!

Great News. Thanks a lot Parawave :tu: :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:love:
Best
YY

parawave wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:39 pm Venus Theory is hosting a giveaway of two copies of Rapid. It's in the form of a song writing / music production competition. If you want to participate you can find the details in the video!

There is also a four layer "ambient pads" patch breakdown utilizing the resynthesis feature to add some noise textures. Definitely shows a few creative sound design tricks to learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUXEOyGA2g

@Development:
It got a bit quiet here, so here are some good news. It was on the road map since the initial release.

There will be more information on it in the next days/week. Also some audio examples.
Please checkout avenger and alchemy for granular synthesis. I hope i can throw avenger to trash then when you added granular synthesis!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

parawave wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:39 pm @Development:

Finally, cant wait! Thank you!

I'm buzzing. Really looking forward to this. Crossing my fingers for mseg or something similar.

anoise wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 am The drift is really making a difference if analog sound is required. It also enhances the unison.
Here is an idea for Parawave: make the OD available outside the FX-Type section, so it can be enabled all the time and with other OSC FX's. To keep the same layout of the OSC section the placement of OD could be done like this: add an "OD" labeled small button between the bass and treble knobs. With this button you switch between the parameters Bass/Treble and Warm/Drift. When warm and drift knobs are at 0 the OD is bypassed.
+1 This would be a nice feature :)

parawave wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:39 pm ...@Development:

This is awesome!!!! :tu:

parawave wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:39 pm
@Development:

Nice I've been excited about the addition of this since the beginning.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Great job team! Looking forward to the update!!

I hope there's some workflow enhancements, simple one's like to be able to delete a note segment in the arp and trance gate programmer with the left mouse button instead of the right mouse button which is really annoying and goes against GUI design usability conventions in computers.

Another point is that when you right click on the type of effect to copy the settings of an effect type you have used, why can't you just right click and choose to paste that whilst in the section of the GUI that the settings refer to ?

Looking forward to the granular stuff though.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Instruments”