No love for Crave EQ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Crave has mid/side but you can't do mid/side OR L/R PER band like Pro-Q.

I've done a few tests of Crave vs. Pro-Q3 using extreme notches (for resonances) and Crave absolutely maintained the stereo field/image.

Crave is absolutely tops in my book until you get into Maat, Weiss EQ1 etc territory. Pro-Q3 is close but loses by a smidge due to the imaging smear I heard. Equilibrium may edge it out by a whisker. For $69 USD it's criminally underpriced.

YMMV, etc etc, I have tinnitus, etc. :)

After working one day without the occasional demo dropouts I wonder even more why Crave EQ gets so little attention ...

People invested already in similar products that get the job done, I saw it on KVR and taught it's some "cheap" ProQ knock off done is SynthEdit/Flowstone/etc, but as I already got EQ I'm happy with, I didn't bothered, I checked it yesterday, still it can't replace my go to, it just doesn't offer anything extra over what I already got, if I was starting out today, than it would make much more sense, even than I would probably invest in most hyped product that got most tutorials.

Passing Bye wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:36 pm People invested already in similar products that get the job done, I saw it on KVR and taught it's some "cheap" ProQ knock off done is SynthEdit/Flowstone/etc, but as I already got EQ I'm happy with, I didn't bothered, I checked it yesterday, still it can't replace my go to, it just doesn't offer anything extra over what I already got, if I was starting out today, than it would make much more sense, even than I would probably invest in most hyped product that got most tutorials.
You are probably right ... most people should be covered. But maybe some people are willing to spend 60 euros on a workflow improvement. Workflow matters. Before I bought Serum I already owned Hive and Zebra, so there was no reason to buy another wavetable synth, but the UI and the workflow was so convincing that I couldnt resist and now Serum is my main scratchpad for concrete ideas (sound-wise i still prefer u-he).

Or a few users dont agree with the upgrade price for their current product. I saw that the upgrade from Fabfilter Pro Q 2 to Q3 cost 70 euros. Thats more expensive than Crave EQ. I just hope that the developer gets more attention for his great product :pray:

audiot wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:06 pm Final decision: I will buy Crave EQ.
I think it´s a good decision. I was testing Equality and Pro-Q for a workhorse-Eq at the time Equality was the first product of DMG Audio. Equality was very slightly better sounding so I bought it. Later came the CraveEQ and it was even better - and cheap. Workflow was much better than either had. (I didn´t bother with Equilibrium as it was about the same soundwise and more expensive, and I didn´t like the GUI). CraveEQ is criminally low priced - for our benefit and if you want better you probably need to buy Weiss or something.

I use Crave in every session..it's my main EQ

sonicpowa wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:34 pm
I think it´s a good decision. I was testing Equality and Pro-Q for a workhorse-Eq at the time Equality was the first product of DMG Audio. Equality was very slightly better sounding so I bought it. Later came the CraveEQ and it was even better - and cheap. Workflow was much better than either had. (I didn´t bother with Equilibrium as it was about the same soundwise and more expensive, and I didn´t like the GUI). CraveEQ is criminally low priced - for our benefit and if you want better you probably need to buy Weiss or something.
549 euros for Weiss EQ :o This must be a tool for mastering engineers who work on hollywood soundtracks. I dont think that I need that for my edm stuff. I'm perfectly happy with Crave :tu: And you are absolutely right - Crave EQ is underpriced. Maybe the developer could boost the attention of Crave EQ by increasing the price to 549 :hihi:

He could send free licenses to You Tube audio endorsers, seems like most of other vendors do that.

audiot wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:48 pm
549 euros for Weiss EQ :o This must be a tool for mastering engineers who work on hollywood soundtracks. I dont think that I need that for my edm stuff. I'm perfectly happy with Crave :tu: And you are absolutely right - Crave EQ is underpriced. Maybe the developer could boost the attention of Crave EQ by increasing the price to 549 :hihi:
He should reskin it to make it look like a hardware unit, give it and a pseudo company for it esotheric names that sound the business and sell it for $1000.
At least on GS it will get attested of sounding twice as good as the Weiss :clown:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Crave EQ is indeed an excellent EQ. Just a note on DMG EQuilibrium: the power with it is in the ability to "tune" the inner workings of the EQ itself to optimize it for the phase and ringing it imparts on the source material. I don't know of anotehr EQ that offers this. Granted it's not uber-ciritcal but it can help if you want to get the best audio quality possible.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 6.58.56 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by plexuss on Mon May 18, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fdgh
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FapFilter wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:29 pm
audiot wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:48 pm
He should reskin it to make it look like a hardware unit, give it and a pseudo company for it esotheric names that sound the business and sell it for $1000.
At least on GS it will get attested of sounding twice as good as the Weiss :clown:
Yeah, like use "analog" word more and hire Dan Worrall to do tutorial for it. :hihi:

Huge Voxengo fan here and PrimeEQ is definitely in my EQ shortcut folder.... below Crave :D

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:31 pm Crave has mid/side but you can't do mid/side OR L/R PER band like Pro-Q.
Ah, I missed that... I find mid/side a lot more useful than L/R in most circumstances.

Damn this thread, I tried the plugin again and find that I do like the sound of Crave EQ, at least in some circumstances, a bit more than Toneboosters EQ 4. There's more control over curves. Honestly, I still don't care too much about the phase thing so long as there's a zero-latency mode, but in any of the modes this sounds good to me.

Return to “Effects”