Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Nope it doesn't do that here, right arrow from page 1 goes to page 2 over here.

this is a pretty lackluster update to say the least... doesn't really address any of the issues, obviously the main one being the browser for most people. Huh. I give zero shi** about new presets at this point. Loading samples into the noise osc is neat and probably useful, but it's absolutely destined to just get slammed as 'you give us sample import into a simple bonus oscillator, but no wavetable import into the main oscillators?'
Last edited by mholloway on Tue May 19, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm on Windows 10 and using Ableton 9 Standard, how about you EvilDragon?

mholloway wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:44 pm this is a pretty lackluster update to say the least... doesn't really address any of the issues, obviously the main one being the browser for most people. Huh. I give zero shi** about new presets at this point. Loading samples into the noise osc is neat and probably useful, but it's absolutely destined to just get slammed as 'you give us sample import into a simple bonus oscillator, but no wavetable import into the main oscillators?'
Whining about a FREE update, priceless!

mholloway wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:44 pm this is a pretty lackluster update to say the least... doesn't really address any of the issues, obviously the main one being the browser for most people. Huh. I give zero shi** about new presets at this point. Loading samples into the noise osc is neat, though.
pretty sure the major impetus behind this update was to address the issues
brought about by Logic 10.5 ... the added presets and the noise generator upgrade are items i believe were developed with the new preset packs ... the parameter readouts were probably ready and planned to be bundled into the 'next' release ...

as to the browser ?.. forthcoming *

* ymmv , do not hold your breath ...

The three biggest complaints I have read about the Massive X on forums (no I didn't take a poll)
are in no particular older:
1) The Preset Browser,
2) importing your own wavetables
3) and parameter values showing.

The last one is now taken care of:
"We’ve also added parameter readouts "

I am pretty sure if not both of the other two that Preset Browsing will be addressed in a future update.
rsp
sound sculptist

Anyone know if you can import keymapped multisamples into the noise generator?

Still has big graphics problems with my macbook pro. When I was on High Sierra the fans would go crazy, since updating to Mojave the fans are quiet but audio crackles. But only when the GUI is open.

I don't really understand this new generation of NI user interfaces, they seem to cause a lot of problems. Never experienced anything like this with any other developer.

Nice one :)
I'll definitely have fun with my own recording in Noise Generator as PM source :)
Parameter readouts - finally! Now I just need copy/paste option for sections and I'll be happy :)
As MX is my goto synth already I'm glad that we got this update even that new browser is not here yet

Lack of 3rd party library support is a complete drawback.
Last edited by liv on Tue May 19, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

pixel85 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:48 pm Nice one :)
I'll definitely have fun with my own recording in Noise Generator as PM source :)
Yeah that’s how I’ve been using it - very useful addition

buzz1 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:27 pm Anyone know if you can import keymapped multisamples into the noise generator?
Nope single sample only.

liv wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:51 pm Lack of 3rd party library support is a complete drawback.
That will for sure be there with the patch browser update, whenever that happens. Obviously it is possible to have patch libraries for it, as Rush, Scene and Pulse showed. Maybe contact NI and do something in conjunction with them?

(Also, you can totally tag your patch bank inside Komplete Kontrol and it will show as a subbank for Massive X, so it's not ALL that bad. But yes, MX preset browser does need an overhaul.)

zvenx wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:03 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:53 pm Decent update, but I was hoping for the shaky GUI fix for Intel-based PCs.
Do you mind describing that or send me to a link with this?

I assume you mean GUI with on board graphics with Intel not a computer with Intel processors and external video card?
thanks
rsp
Yes, right. I am using Intel Core i7-7700 CPU with on-board Intel HD 630 Graphics. No (external) video card.

Just load the plugin in Komplete Kontrol or DAW and the problem is instantly visible. The GUI goes bizzare at times, like some visual effects happening. It also happens when you use the preset browser. Recently (since 1.2 update), the problem seems to have become even more dramatic. It's a weird and annoying issue and makes you lose interest when using this otherwise awesome-sounding synth.

I will try to do a video capture if possible once I am on my studio PC.

Thanks.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm
liv wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:51 pm Lack of 3rd party library support is a complete drawback.
That will for sure be there with the patch browser update, whenever that happens. Obviously it is possible to have patch libraries for it, as Rush, Scene and Pulse showed. Maybe contact NI and do something in conjunction with them?

(Also, you can totally tag your patch bank inside Komplete Kontrol and it will show as a subbank for Massive X, so it's not ALL that bad. But yes, MX preset browser does need an overhaul.)
Guess they could use the browser made for STRAYLIGHT/PHARLIGHT. :)

Return to “Instruments”