Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

JerGoertz wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:52 am Coupla questions:

- Does version 2 replace version 1, or can they coexist side-by-side?
- Is version 2 sound-identical for legacy modules to version 1?
Version 2 replaces Version 1, but everything from Version 1 is completely compatible with version 2. None of your existing presets will change, though new features have been added to many of the modules.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

David wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:47 am Exciting—Thank you!
…except my download gets right to the end, 250.8 of 250.8, then tells me Network connection was lost, and never unpacks, tried 4 times in the last hour:(
Mac, btw. Anybody else?
I have the same problem. Tried 3 Times and no luck. Did you get it to work?
Stop the monsters

Hey Dan,

The links in your post to the Vintage Voice bundle don't work, they point to:

Code: Select all

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/vintage-voice-bundle

Nice update! I’ll will probably use the new midi player a lot.

On Mojave I'm getting the following error:
"Voltage-Modular-Installer-2.0.13.pkg can’t be installed because its digital signature is invalid."
Worked fine on Windows 10.

Woohoo! Thanks for all the hard work and new features! Really need to get back to coding more VM modules, I have several WIP projects I want to continue, just difficult to find the time. Stupid real life keeps interfering.
cherryDan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:19 am Sorry about this. Catalina sucks.
:lol: Yeah, just updated my studio computer yesterday, and don't know how many times I had to click the mouse button when opening Logic and it complaining about an unverified developer for most plugins. Got everything working in the end, and I understand the idea behind the security features, but after spending 15 minutes just clickety-click-click-click... it tends to get a little frustrating.

Has the CPU usage shot up in V2.0? Or maybe I didn't notice it before. Some of the new presets are maxing me out.

SHall1000 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:08 am Has the CPU usage shot up in V2.0? Or maybe I didn't notice it before. Some of the new presets are maxing me out.
yes. i see on my desktop that cpu usage is gone up. even in reaper...
there are no presets yet that max me out, but there is room for improvement.

Can't see how to roll back to V1 to see how big the difference is. Does anyone know where legacy installers are?

I'm getting 40% usage in Ableton with just the DCO-60 loaded! This can't be right.

Cubase10.5, OSX Catalina - V2 plugin is blacklisted - 'not a plugin ' . so, it can't be forced validated. This wasn't an issue in V1. Anybody else seeing this? Thanks

And the website is so much faster! I no longer give up waiting for the filter to update the page everytime.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Its far quicker to download the update from your library account than from within VM.
In VM it takes hours but from your account takes seconds

If you have CPU issues close the GUI and reclaim 10 - 20% CPU.

CPU usage is waaaaaaay higher in this version.

A lot of patches that worked previously won't play anymore on my machine :(

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:03 am If you have CPU issues close the GUI and reclaim 10 - 20% CPU.

CPU usage is waaaaaaay higher in this version.

A lot of patches that worked previously won't play anymore on my machine :(
indeed closing the GUI helps. it isn't always necessary to have it open. but there is certainly work to be done.

Return to “Instruments”