v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

lulukom wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:58 am Hello everyone !
As far as I know, you can’t assign MIDI channels to different notes into phrases, for example, for drums (which is a pity, this creates great difficulties when playing an standalone program on DAW) ... But (maybe I don’t know about this), you can’t automatically split the phrase by pitch notes to individual tracks, then assign individual MIDI channels to each note. Split into separate tracks a drum MIDI file is possible only when importing a MIDI file, but not a phrase on the track ((
I do this in Reaper ALL the time.. makes mixing drums so nice... you could split in the DAW, then import.. too..

you really need a drag & drop midi with variation, etc ... on selected phrase, track
it could be a better workflow for some external daw work ( ableton or fl ) than need to export midi, reimport, etc ...
and it will be easy ( render & create temporary midi file during drag & drop )

I do this in Reaper ALL the time.. makes mixing drums so nice... you could split in the DAW, then import.. too..
That's exactly what I always do))
But where is the possibility of quick work when you use the Percussion Generator, for example, the drum phrase often changes and there is no way to constantly split the phrase notes and assign individual MIDI channels?
And besides, from my DAW, for many years, the MIDI file has not been dragged directly to the RC (
Thanks for the answers!

I like allan walker songs. it have a groove in it and use often repeating notes. maybe there is a way to set generator so it create such grooves ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcz_I5Ltz0
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Not sure what I did, but, discovered a draw issue for tracks. I right clicked under a track and added several tracks in a row... RC didn't draw one correctly.. I had one track on "solo" as I created the additional tracks also..

Update: When I reload the project, it draws correctly..

RapidComposer 3.9b15 is available!

So that we are all on the same page.

Improvements:
  • Reset option added to the Slice Phrase variation
  • [Melody Editor] Rest is applied after all variations (lead-in notes for the next section are also muted)
  • [Melody Editor] Playback always begins from the last clicked position
  • [macOS] Plug-in UI should work on retina displays
  • [macOS] Insert position is correctly redrawn during dragging list items
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Getting a consistent crash when I have a phrase playing and I right click the stop button.. e.g., preview is on.. beta 15

edit: also crashes Reaper when removing RC as a vst3

I rolled back to beta 14...

Hi Attila,
no luck here with both logic (au) and ableton (vst) on macbook (crash). Also I think with logic it' s more useful if we have a midi fx version.
Thanks

I am sorry for the issues. I fixed the plug-in crashes and when right-clicking on the stop button. New beta version will be uploaded soon. Recently I had a big code rework, usually I don't add new bugs to the existing ones :oops:
tanislas wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:53 am Also I think with logic it' s more useful if we have a midi fx version.
Thanks
Hi tanislas,

is it possible to route the output channels of an AU MIDI FX to other instrument tracks? I thought a MIDI FX works only in the instrument track it was inserted in.

Thanks,
Attila

RapidComposer 3.9b16 is available!

Improvements:
  • Fixed crash when right clicking on the PLAY button
  • Fixed crashing bugs in the plug-ins

consistent crash dragging chord generator to a track header.. (beta 16).. I don't call it a bug, I call it a feature!

Anybody here willing to hold my hand and walk with me through doing or getting whatever I need to have access to these betas!? I've got an RSS button now in Safari, and have apparently added the beta feed to some list using it, but all I see from that is that I've added it, and the option to Import or Export, whatever that means; It certainly doesn't lead to any place where I can download the beta. TIA.

Hi Attila,
I just installed 3.9b16 on Windows 10 Home and opened a blank default composition which opens with 4 bars of C and I also tested with other progressions. I clicked on Phrases to open it and then I clicked on Melody Editor and held for a second and then started to drag it and RC just disappears and there are no error messages.
I did this three times. The last Time I just clicked Melody Editor and drag faster and RC goes away.
Is there some weird issue with RC and Melodya causing an issue?
I also tried dragging a Melody Generator and a Finger Picking and got the same problem.
I have a lot of Phrases and it is still loading them as I type this. Do I need to wait for all phrases to be loaded before trying to drag and drop a generator into the composition? It takes over 5 minutes to load my phrases. But that did not work either after I waited and drag a Melody Editor in RC went away.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”