ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:17 am I dont know how many Nexus customers need NKS, but I guess its not really that many
NKS format is slowly growing into an industry standard, glad to hear it's finally supported. There's alot of Maschine and Komplete keyboard users out here,and more and more companies are going in this direction, thanks that ReFX is supporting NKS now!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

they also don't use the macros in nks, it's very pitty that there are no macros for nexus.
by the high costs of an expansion it would give the presets a bether value, if you have 4 knobs premaped

I'm glad they've got these out to us, sure their script is alot less meaty then others as far as controls, but the critical ones are there. Finally I can use Nexus alike a hardware workstation, i've been waiting years for this sort of workflow!! This really opens up the creative workflow , not having to touch that mouse!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Hi Dudes, if u had problems to update your expansions, download the latest refx cloud 1.1.0 from ur account and install/run it. the problem for me was that refx cloud did not update itself like in the past, therefore most download updates failed.
I forwarded this to refx support ;)

reFX Cloud v1.1.3 update, start Your reFX Cloud App and it will update to 1.1.3.

reFX Cloud version history
FIX Fixed glitch in remaining time display.
FIX General improvements and bug fixes.
https://refx.com/cloud/version/

trusampler wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:10 pm I'm glad they've got these out to us, sure their script is alot less meaty then others as far as controls, but the critical ones are there. Finally I can use Nexus alike a hardware workstation, i've been waiting years for this sort of workflow!! This really opens up the creative workflow , not having to touch that mouse!!
Even though they added in NKS support which I was hoping for for years, I find it pretty useless. Instead I use my own mapped controls and the nexus library + cursor keys for browsing presets. Reasons being (and repeated from another thread);

Selecting a preset via NKS doesn't update the library interface.

The controller mappings are at an absolute minimum: 2 pages with half the controls for the chosen sections bizarrely missed off for no apparent reason. And macro mappings? Nah. In saying that, refx seem to have stuck the macros on nexus 3 just for nothing other than lols anyway. I've never seen 4 knobs on a synth get less love.

Worst of all, there's no way to filter by nexus categories when browsing sounds via komplete kontrol. For example, you want to scroll through your arpeggios or plucks? Yeah, good luck with that.

A massive let down in general for me personally.

msvs wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 am reFX Updates

FREE
Nexus3 Expansion
Summer Deep Chill

New FREE Nexus3 Expansion - Summer Deep Chill
We know many of you have been laid off or suffer from the loss of income due to cancelled events and projects 😞. In addition, many of you have probably been in quarantine for weeks now 📅, stuck at home 🏠, unable to meet with loved ones ❤️ or give them a big hug 🥰 in these trying times. Feeling bored 🥱 out of your skulls 💀. We feel your pain.

To help you pass the time ⌛, we are not just releasing a new Nexus3 expansion, but we have added it to the accounts of all Nexus3 customers. FOR FREE 🎁🥳.

So stay safe 😷, keep washing your hands 🧼🤲, and enjoy 130 brand-new presets on us! 🙌

How to get the free expansion:

Simply start the reFX Cloud App 💻 and you'll find the new expansion "Summer Deep Chill" 🌞 listed among your available expansions. Click to download. Done.

Not a Nexus3 customer yet? No worries, "Summer Deep Chill" is available for free to all current and future Nexus3 customers.
I would like to point out that as a visitor you are still welcomed by the 7 year old Nexus2 video on your Vengeance Sound YouTube channel. I think as a channel owner you probably oversee that because you don't notice it when you are logged in...

m-ac wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 pm
trusampler wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:10 pm I'm glad they've got these out to us, sure their script is alot less meaty then others as far as controls, but the critical ones are there. Finally I can use Nexus alike a hardware workstation, i've been waiting years for this sort of workflow!! This really opens up the creative workflow , not having to touch that mouse!!
Even though they added in NKS support which I was hoping for for years, I find it pretty useless. Instead I use my own mapped controls and the nexus library + cursor keys for browsing presets. Reasons being (and repeated from another thread);

Selecting a preset via NKS doesn't update the library interface.

The controller mappings are at an absolute minimum: 2 pages with half the controls for the chosen sections bizarrely missed off for no apparent reason. And macro mappings? Nah. In saying that, refx seem to have stuck the macros on nexus 3 just for nothing other than lols anyway. I've never seen 4 knobs on a synth get less love.

Worst of all, there's no way to filter by nexus categories when browsing sounds via komplete kontrol. For example, you want to scroll through your arpeggios or plucks? Yeah, good luck with that.

A massive let down in general for me personally.
+1

m-ac wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 pm The controller mappings are at an absolute minimum: 2 pages with half the controls for the chosen sections bizarrely missed off for no apparent reason. And macro mappings? Nah. In saying that, refx seem to have stuck the macros on nexus 3 just for nothing other than lols anyway. I've never seen 4 knobs on a synth get less love.
Very fair point.
Take care :wink:

Just purchased Nexus 3 today. I absolutely love Avenger and wanted a sample library similar to Kontakt, but tailored more towards the types of sounds I prefer. I also have many producer friends who have recommended Nexus over the years. Well it lives up to the hype! Nexus fits the bill. I'm officially a big fan of this one too. Great job Manuel and team! I continue to be impressed by your superb sounding products. :D

thank you :)

msvs wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:35 amthank you :)
Of course! Thank YOU for such amazing synths!! :)

I was going to buy a second hand version of Refx Nexus 2, with included expansions, and upgrade it to Nexus 3.

If I buy the second hand version, does the license become "NFR" ?
I saw one listening saying the license becomes NFR after transfer....

"We may designate the Licenced Materials "trial", "evaluation", "not for resale", or other similar designation ("NFR Version”). You may install and use the NFR Version only for the period and purposes stated when we provide the NFR Version. You must not use any materials you produce with the NFR Version for any commercial purposes."

Does this mean, buying second hand refx nexus makes it so you cant use it in commercial song productions? I'm confused.

Think Nexus3 might get multi outs for all the sounds or layers one day?

EDIT:
No, we have no plans for adding multiple outputs as a feature to Nexus. The CPU overhead for the additional FX required would be too big. Simply use multiple instances and turn the other layers off.

:(
Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory. - Penelope Grenoble O'Malley

out now https://youtu.be/d8AqN_OlKd8

Are you feelin' hot, hot, hot?
Dive into Tropical House 3 and get immersed in a sea of plucks, flutes, mallets, vocal slides, and chill drum beats!
These lush, oceanic sounds were created by the talented Mirko Ruta, a professional sound designer, music producer, and DSP developer.
With this sun-filled expansion pack, you'll have everything you need to shine on the house and modern hip-hops charts!

Return to “Instruments”