Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

I don't import my own wavetables. But Stein & Padshop2 folks doing a much better job at it than NI & MX. NI are turning in a big fat komplex komplete turd.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Yeah, I don't mind about importing WTs. I prefer its emphasis in sound quality. But a better browser is paramount.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:12 pm
functionform wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm I get the history of Massive, but landscape has changed on wavetable synthesis, customization is everything
Speak for yourself...

As others, I wonder how many people there really are who import or create wavetables on their own.
I create my own wavetables. It's a blast. It's like creating colors and tints for later use. Keeping them in multiples of 2048 samples is a challenge though.

SiloCybin wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:34 pm
functionform wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm I get the history of Massive, but landscape has changed on wavetable synthesis, customization is everything
Speak for yourself...

As others, I wonder how many people there really are who import or create wavetables on their own.
I create my own wavetables. It's a blast. It's like creating colors and tints for later use. Keeping them in multiples of 2048 samples is a challenge though.
Have you tried SERUM?

Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:36 pm
Speak for yourself...

Have you tried SERUM?
Of course! I use it to correct wavetables. Although, now I've shifted my focus over to Phase Plant. Already imported all my wavetables from Serum :)

SiloCybin wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:54 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:36 pm
Speak for yourself...

Have you tried SERUM?
Of course! I use it to correct wavetables. Although, now I've shifted my focus over to Phase Plant. Already imported all my wavetables from Serum :)
Heard a lot of praise and good things about it.
A bit expensive, isn't it?

Omnisphere and Alchemy were both more expensive. They were worth it though. Ground breaking synths are usually in the $300 - $500 range. Massive was an exception, I think I paid $150 for it on sale, I think, way after the launch date... I got Massive X for $75 on sale and with a discount for owning Massive. I got Pigments on sale too from musicianfriend.com for only $99! But Alchemy, Omnisphere and Phase Plant are my top 3 favorites of all time.

(p.s.: f**k you Apple for buying out Camel Audio!!)

SiloCybin wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:15 pm(p.s.: f**k you Apple for buying out Camel Audio!!)
Not my opinion: I got Alchemy 2 for free during an update of Logic Pro (without any fee). I love Apple! :love: :love: :love:

:clap: LOL Choke on them Apples! :hihi: :hihi:

Have you ever used the old Alchemy? Those libraries are insane. Best granular synthesis EVER!

SiloCybin wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:44 pm Have you ever used the old Alchemy? Those libraries are insane. Best granular synthesis EVER!
Where can I find them?

Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:14 pm
SiloCybin wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:44 pm Have you ever used the old Alchemy? Those libraries are insane. Best granular synthesis EVER!
Where can I find them?
They won't do you any good on your Apple tarnished version of Alchemy, lol. They don't work on Logic's Alchemy 2. The old library only works with the original Alchemy. I only know of two 3rd party libraries for Alchemy 2:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/resurr ... -patchpool
and
https://www.pluginguru.com/products/alchemy-pp-mmdr/

SiloCybin wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:14 pm
Where can I find them?
They won't do you any good on your Apple tarnished version of Alchemy, lol. They don't work on Logic's Alchemy 2. The old library only works with the original Alchemy. I only know of two 3rd party libraries for Alchemy 2:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/resurr ... -patchpool
and
https://www.pluginguru.com/products/alchemy-pp-mmdr/
I already have both of them.
There's another one coming fromLeap into the Void.
The Version 1 banks seem be be loadable into Version 2.
Haven't tried it yet, but saved some ressources for that venture.
:phones:

Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:09 pm
functionform wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm Great update, but really wish we could import our own wavetables. It's 2020. It's the number one reason I tend not to open my copy of MX. What's the hold up? I get the history of Massive, but landscape has changed on wavetable synthesis, customization is everything - especially with a synth that clearly wants to define itself as an sound design tool first.
What wavetables do you have that make that difference?
:help:
Ones I make from combined physical instruments, tv shows, voices, plenty of stuff that NI would never include but that is extremely important to me in some private context. It only takes a little imagination to realize basic waves, metallic sounds, and chords aren't going to cut it if you actually love crafting sound.

[/quote]

I already have both of them.
There's another one coming fromLeap into the Void.
The Version 1 banks seem be be loadable into Version 2.
Haven't tried it yet, but saved some ressources for that venture.
:phones:
[/quote]

Really? well let me send you a preset I made for Alchemy 1 and you let me know if it loads properly in Alchemy 2. If that's really the case I may just put together a whole preset library for it.

Return to “Instruments”