Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection Special Box Presets For Korg M1 Legacy V2

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 pm
dbender wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:35 pm No worries, thank you very much! I just checked over at Korg user.net , Downloaded wave station, and it turns out to be version 2.0.2, though that update is not showing in korg software pass application (Latest version that just came out).

So I’m wondering if I install this wave station version 2.0.2 if it would mess up Korg software pass somehow. Anyone?
Wavestation was NOT showing that it needed an update in Software Ass. I think 4 other KORG products were. Someone here mentioned that Wavestation had been updated, so I downloaded it directly from my account (KORG ID) and installed it. Software Ass is NOW saying Wavestation is at v2.0.2.0. So no, it won't mess up your Software Ass. :lol:

I'm on Windows 10.
Hmmm.... installed the Wavestation 2.0.2 I downloaded from Korg User, but Korg Software Pass still says that Wavestation 2.0.1.0 is installed. I'm hoping that will get corrected after I restart (hadn't restarted after the install, the installer says to restart before using), because it'd be a bummer if Korg Software Pass didn't show the actual correct version of Wavestation that's already installed.

dbender wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:43 am
dbender wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:35 pm No worries, thank you very much! I just checked over at Korg user.net , Downloaded wave station, and it turns out to be version 2.0.2, though that update is not showing in korg software pass application (Latest version that just came out).

So I’m wondering if I install this wave station version 2.0.2 if it would mess up Korg software pass somehow. Anyone?
Wavestation was NOT showing that it needed an update in Software Ass. I think 4 other KORG products were. Someone here mentioned that Wavestation had been updated, so I downloaded it directly from my account (KORG ID) and installed it. Software Ass is NOW saying Wavestation is at v2.0.2.0. So no, it won't mess up your Software Ass. :lol:

I'm on Windows 10.
Hmmm.... installed the Wavestation 2.0.2 I downloaded from Korg User, but Korg Software Pass still says that Wavestation 2.0.1.0 is installed. I'm hoping that will get corrected after I restart (hadn't restarted after the install, the installer says to restart before using), because it'd be a bummer if Korg Software Pass didn't show the actual correct version of Wavestation that's already installed.
Installed the Wavestation 2.0.2.0 version (downloaded from KORG ID), did a reboot.. and same thing. Korg Software Pass 1.0.0.30 still shows the Wavestation 2.0.1.0 version installed, incorrectly. Running the standalone Wavestation - System->About shows Version V2.0.2.0 correctly. Looks like there are a handful of wrinkles for Korg to work out on Korg Software Pass 1.0.0.30 on the Mac. Nice to see updates though.

Thanks, very informative. It’s too bad this new version of software pass is doing this, up until now it has been working OK in this regard with respect to version numbers and updating.

ghjk
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

jdoo wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 am
dbender wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:43 am

I'm on Windows 10.
Installed the Wavestation 2.0.2.0 version (downloaded from KORG ID), did a reboot.. and same thing. Korg Software Pass 1.0.0.30 still shows the Wavestation 2.0.1.0 version installed, incorrectly. Running the standalone Wavestation - System->About shows Version V2.0.2.0 correctly. Looks like there are a handful of wrinkles for Korg to work out on Korg Software Pass 1.0.0.30 on the Mac. Nice to see updates though.
You could uninstall software pass and wavestation. Restart, reinstall and restart your computer again. That's what I'd do anyway.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Software Pass is braindead. It appears that it only knows what it might have previously been updated and ignores it anyway if there is a newer version available. Also braindead: (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread) web designers leaving out dates and version numbers of downloads available on the website. It’s not a pleasant experience and KVR really shouldn’t have be the place you come to, to find this out what the latest versions are (although if you didn’t, you’d never know how much KORG screwed it up). KORG really need to get their online plug-in enterprise together.
On a number of Macs

codec_spurt wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:14 pm
dbender wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:52 am Thanks, very informative. It’s too bad this new version of software pass is doing this, up until now it has been working OK in this regard with respect to version numbers and updating.
I have a virgin win7 box that will not work at all with the korg software pass. No idea why. Hours spent. Gave up. Same old shit from korg.

For years now I've not been able to use these f**king plugins I bought. And when I can, they don't work properly. But most the time, you are just blocked from authorizing them. Utter bastards. And I've been buying a lot of korg hardware recently, but the software is still fugazi!

Korg software has stopped me from buying in to the Roland dream - let's just leave it at that.
The Korg Software Pass doesn't work at all (or doesn't work properly) for many people -- most people, from what I can see in this thread. But the plug-ins work great on my Win7 system and always have. If you're having a particular issue with them, you might be able to get some help here. I wouldn't expect any help from Korg, but your fellow KVRers might have some answers for you.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:56 pm Software Pass is braindead. It appears that it only knows what it might have previously been updated and ignores it anyway if there is a newer version available. Also braindead: (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread) web designers leaving out dates and version numbers of downloads available on the website. It’s not a pleasant experience and KVR really shouldn’t have be the place you come to, to find this out what the latest versions are (although if you didn’t, you’d never know how much KORG screwed it up). KORG really need to get their online plug-in enterprise together.
+1,000,000!

Especially with not providing the version number and date of release of updates…

I've never used software pass only Korg ID. Can struggling pass users not use downloads from Korg ID until the pass issues are sorted?
https://id.korg.com/users/sign_in

+1 on getting the versions labelled on the downloads page

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Exactly, why use Software Pass? I never have and have been just fine. Grab the latest versions from Korg ID when you hear about them.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 am Exactly, why use Software Pass? I never have and have been just fine. Grab the latest versions from Korg ID when you hear about them.
If KORG said that, there would be outrage.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I downloaded the Wavestation v2.0.2 update from Korg ID and it seems t show the correct version. FWIW i deinstalled the old version before installing the new one.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ramseysounds wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:52 pmSo I dug out an old project, stripped everything out except Polysix which doesn't load properly and sent Korg the Cubase CPR file. Will see what they say :pray:
Update. Korg acknowledge there is an issue with recall in Cubase 10.5 and are working to fix the problem. They have actually been very responsive and courteous :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:05 am
ramseysounds wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:52 pmSo I dug out an old project, stripped everything out except Polysix which doesn't load properly and sent Korg the Cubase CPR file. Will see what they say :pray:
Update. Korg acknowledge there is an issue with recall in Cubase 10.5 and are working to fix the problem. They have actually been very responsive and courteous :tu:
great this means i can use them in my main studio! when it is fixed.

Ingonator wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:20 am I downloaded the Wavestation v2.0.2 update from Korg ID and it seems t show the correct version. FWIW i deinstalled the old version before installing the new one.
Didn't work for me. I uninstalled / reinstalled - and while the actual software was updated, and shows v2.0.2 in the 'about' screen... Korg Software Pass still (incorrectly) shows 2.0.1.0 installed. The right version is installed and working, but Korg Software Pass is still borked.

Return to “Instruments”