Arturia OB-Xa V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OP-Xa V

revvy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:53 pm victim blaming re. ingo
not really.
the other guy is irrelevant, his post just raised something id meant to address.
lotuzia reninded me.

im not even blaming ingo as such, hes just over excited, needs to hold it in ;)

Curious. If Synapse Obsession was out and Ingo (or anyone else) had that opinion and he/she posted it here, would you have issue with it or is it because he is a beta tester (not employee afaik), but beta tester for SA, which probably means that he gets a free NFR license regardless if he likes the synth or not.
rsp
sound sculptist

revvy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:40 pm Why do y'all quote that shit so it lives on after the poster and the comment get deleted?

Nasty shit right there.
Did not refresh my browser before answering, sorry for that. I edited my quote. At least, I made a real quote, not like the other kvr vintage muppet :lol:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

zvenx wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:02 pm Curious. If Synapse Obsession was out and Ingo (or anyone else) had that opinion and he/she posted it here, would you have issue with it or is it because he is a beta tester (not employee afaik), but beta tester for SA, which probably means that he gets a free NFR license regardless if he likes the synth or not.
rsp
i know hes only a tester.
if it was out, he could at least back his words up, although wouldnt need to as people could decide for themselves which sounds like a real analogue poly...

comments like "even some synthedit emus had realistic guis..." coming from a competitors beta team (again not blaming rich) does create a bad impression.

now of course, this is just my opinion, of how things look.
i have no love for arturia, nothing against synapse (been using orion and orion platinum since 2002/03).

Hey, no foul and no worries.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

zvenx wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:02 pm Curious. If Synapse Obsession was out and Ingo (or anyone else) had that opinion and he/she posted it here, would you have issue with it or is it because he is a beta tester (not employee afaik), but beta tester for SA, which probably means that he gets a free NFR license regardless if he likes the synth or not.
rsp
It's probably because it can't be confirmed right now. Also it's a personal opinion/taste and praising something that only the inner circle can confirm, which are of course a bit biased because you say it, they get a free license. Also it's hard to stay objective here.

Anyway, I think everything has been said, there were OB-Xa emulations before and there will be ones after the release. Additionally I think (can't confirm of course) that Obsession will not be released in the next days/month, so we will have another discussion when it's done. Only then real comparisons can be made. You don't know if Synapse still want to expand the concept etc. Maybe also Arturia does? Or a third new competitor will be released in the meantime :hihi:

Thanks @vurt and @dermage for a response.
rsp
sound sculptist

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:58 pm im not even blaming ingo as such, hes just over excited, needs to hold it in ;)
Ingo is a good guy. I have collaborated with him in the past, and things went really well. He is knowledgeable and helpful, always ready to clarify someone who knows less and asks.

However, he has a tendency to be over zealous about the things he gets involved in. And in the end, he may cause more harm than good with his attitude.

It's no secret (or of it is it will be no more) that I am involved in Arturia beta-testing. However, you don't catch me in statements like that one, or bashing other companies. Heck... I even have all the other Synapse synths, and I like them.

I may understand that Richard and the beta-testing team are frustrated with this launching. It was dropped out of the blue, when in the last weeks we have watched a feast about the newcoming Synapse synth. Of course, I was reading that thread and smiling silently. But that's life.

Arturia synth was in the making for a very long time. But it was kept in secret until the last moment. IMO, that's how things should be done. It ain't ready til it's ready, and til it's ready it doesn't exist.
Last edited by fmr on Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

arturia must be crying over those poll numbers though :hihi:

yep, like i said, he just gets a little excited.
never worked with him, but he does seem nice enough, helpful and definitely knows his onions :tu:

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:24 pm arturia must be crying over those poll numbers though :hihi:
You are overestimating KVR relevance, me thinks :hihi:

You may be surprised to know there is an whole world outside that knows nothing about KVR. :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 pm
vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:24 pm arturia must be crying over those poll numbers though :hihi:

You may be surprised to know there is an whole world outside that knows nothing about KVR. :borg:
:lol: i was joking!!!!

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:28 pm
fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 pm

:lol: i was joking!!!!
I suspected that, since it was YOU :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

:hihi:

anyway, nice getting the gig with arturia :tu:
onwards and upwards for all the companies!!!

(as far as im concermed, competition is great for consumers, makes companies work harder to do good stuff 8) )

Just continued playing with this thing. Man I love the combination of the great envelopes + ARP. This is really special I can tell. I also love the bx_oberhausen, but the Arturia OB-Xa is definetelty more advanced.
Although the filter sounds not quite as good as the oberhausen, the possibilities are much varied with Arturia.

Anyone noticed the ARP resetting after some time, it just stops for less than a second and continues.
fmr is this a known bug?

dermage wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:54 pm Anyone noticed the ARP resetting after some time, it just stops for less than a second and continues.
fmr is this a known bug?
Have to check... Was it a sound of yours, or some factory preset?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”