BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Hi Alex

Can you please help me with this issue? do you want me to make you other video or something ?
I really want to this Arpeggio, tried everything, nothing fixed the issue

Thank you very much in advance
Antduaan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:21 am Hello

No everything is working fine, just the Arp stopping
I also try to install it on other PC with Ableton and its the same issue
Thanks
graywolf2004 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:28 pm
Antduaan wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:53 am Hi Guys

I have an issue with the Arp
My looping is not working and basically, when I press any note on the keyboard it stops after a few notes maybe 3-4 and not looping any idea why?

Can you be more specific (which OS, DAW, maybe a video clip with the issue). Cause from the description it's not clear for me what is wrong.
If you have your DAW stopped and pressing the keys, BlueARP will keep rolling its steps as long as something is pressed. As soon as you release all keys, it will stop after a small time-out (around 1 sec). This is as it should be. If you press PLAY in your DAW, BlueARP's steps will keep rolling no matter if you press keys or not.
Edit OK, now I see your video. Does Ableton freeze at this point or it is only BlueARP who freezes? I'm asking cause when BlueARP steps freeze, at the same time song position on the top freezes at 118:3:2. Maybe this is the case.

Latest build is working for me in Logic/Catalina.

Antduaan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:05 pm Hi Alex

Can you please help me with this issue? do you want me to make you other video or something ?

Downloading Ableton 10 trial. Will try to re-produce the issue. Now I have no idea why it can happen.

Wow thanks a lot Man
I really appreciate ii
graywolf2004 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:57 am
Antduaan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:05 pm Hi Alex

Downloading Ableton 10 trial. Will try to re-produce the issue. Now I have no idea why it can happen.

Antduaan wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 pm Wow thanks a lot Man
I really appreciate ii
I tried several times, can't reproduce it.
Did you use the latest build 2.3.1c?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uuuLP ... 0yv3ize4_X_
64 or 32 bit version?
Can you make a demo project for me to re-produce the issue?
Better use Synth1, cause I don't have Arturia Mini V3 installed. Or use any synth bundled with Ableton.
Does this happen when you press the keys on piano roll only, or it happens if you play the clip as well? Every detail you provide is important, cause better you describe it - easier for me to re-produce the issue.
PS. Again, I find it very strange that song position counter (on the middle top) freezes as well on your video at 118:3:2. Because of this, I'm not 100% sure it is BlueARP issue. If you restart playback from the beginning - does bluearp work then or it freezes until project reload?

Thank you for the reply
So I manage to find a solution to make it work
It works if I am writing the notes on the Midi clip, but not when I press on the piano
Nothing is freezer just the Apr stop playing
Now is not a problem anymore ;) Thank you very much
But anyway I add for you the project with analog if like to investigate it more
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/07y7wqss8fdj ... N6Cua?dl=0
Thanks a lot for the Support

graywolf2004 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:53 am
I really appreciate ii
64 or 32 bit version?
Better use Synth1, cause I don't have Arturia Mini V3 installed. Or use any synth bundled with Ableton.
Does this happen when you press the keys on piano roll only, or it happens if you play the clip as well? Every detail you provide is important, cause better you describe it - easier for me to re-produce the issue.
PS. Again, I find it very strange that song position counter (on the middle top) freezes as well on your video at 118:3:2. Because of this, I'm not 100% sure it is BlueARP issue. If you restart playback from the beginning - does bluearp work then or it freezes until project reload?

Explaining how to use "force to scale" feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYfM6J ... vAZ4AaABAg

Mate

I wanted to thank you for your support. really love this arp, its the best there is in the market
I sent also a small donation :)
Thanks
Antonio (Yossi)

Antduaan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:08 am Thank you for the reply
So I manage to find a solution to make it work
It works if I am writing the notes on the Midi clip, but not when I press on the piano
Nothing is freezer just the Apr stop playing
Now is not a problem anymore ;) Thank you very much
But anyway I add for you the project with analog if like to investigate it more
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/07y7wqss8fdj ... N6Cua?dl=0
Thanks a lot for the Support

graywolf2004 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:53 am
I really appreciate ii
64 or 32 bit version?

I want to change "arp.latch" logic a little bit.
This change was proposed by Saif Sameer aka phreaque, I describe it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjqoQbMLzjM
Please write what you think, is it better or not. It will affect mostly those who play live, where "arp.latch" feature is handy.

I think its better, the new one. More straight forward to apply/understand

I think the newly proposed functionality makes sense.

Its good to have another arp latch type, but is better to maintain the older, also for don't break compatibility with older projects (like mine). So, in my opinion the new latch mode (could be called released latch or something like this) should be default only in new projects, but old projects need the old latch mode. I don't think having 2 arp latch modes really causes confusion or seems "rocket science" if you find a good and self explanatory name to it. Changing topic.. please somebody could tell me how to put asterisks on octaves? I didn't found on the manual (im also not sure to have really understood that functionality...). Any progress about envelope bugs in reaper?

I think the new logic definitely makes sense. But the choice to do both would also be a good call, based on the comment above, regarding old projects.
Take care :wink:

ciros wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:31 pm Its good to have another arp latch type, but is better to maintain the older, also for don't break compatibility with older projects (like mine). So, in my opinion the new latch mode (could be called released latch or something like this) should be default only in new projects, but old projects need the old latch mode. I don't think having 2 arp latch modes really causes confusion or seems "rocket science" if you find a good and self explanatory name to it. Changing topic.. please somebody could tell me how to put asterisks on octaves? I didn't found on the manual (im also not sure to have really understood that functionality...). Any progress about envelope bugs in reaper?
Can you give more details on using old latch logic in projects (i.e. video clip). For all my projects - this latch logic change doesn't make any difference.
I'm working on arp mode envelope bug, it is not reaper-specific, the same in FL.
Didn't get it about asterisks on octaves. They will appear when you switch lane to polyphonic mode and set more than one value per step.

This is current Windows build v2.3.2rc1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k9NkB ... smIZmYY1vx
Mac version will be ready in a couple of weeks. I'm away from home and can't test anything on Mac.

Changes:
1. Refined 'Random' STEP TYPE logic. For 3+ input keys, randomized excludes note repetitions,
so it will be like k1-k3-k2-k3-k1-k2 but never like k1-k1-k1-k3-k2-k2-k3
2. Changed 'arp latch' logic. Now it will re-scan input keys on each new key press.
Old logic is still available via 'latch mode' option on SETTINGS panel
3. Fixed automation issues with 'arp mode' option
4. Updated English manual to v.2.3.2
5. Added manual in Russian

Return to “Instruments”