Arturia OB-Xa V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OP-Xa V

fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:14 pm
dermage wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:54 pm Anyone noticed the ARP resetting after some time, it just stops for less than a second and continues.
fmr is this a known bug?
Have to check... Was it a sound of yours, or some factory preset?
It happened several times on my patches. I think it happened on patches derived from factory patches and also on init patches started with the "Template". So it seems a problem of the arp itself.
Will check that again and see if I need to open a ticket.

Might at least give the demo a shot. Been interesting to see what people think of it so far.
Take care :wink:

I like it a lot, but finding it very CPU heavy, anyone else finding this?

I guess they just released it to be the first, and we will see updates to optimize CPU usage and to add NKS compatibility.

Yea hope so, been playing with presets and only a few just crash with few instances, hopefully will get optimised

i can usually run tonnes of synths in DAW this one it overloads on around 3-4

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can’t reproduce CPU stress on my iMac, is it Windows?

Ed

Vortifex wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 pm
zammo wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:36 pm I like it a lot, but finding it very CPU heavy, anyone else finding this?
A couple of patches are a little heavy, mainly ones with a lot of unison. But overall I'd call it 'moderate'. What is your CPU?
Ah maybe its those patches, CPU is mac mini I5, 16gig, It's not the best but runs other Arturia and many other synths fine, could just be heavier than i'm used to being a newer synth.

zammo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:52 am
Vortifex wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 pm A couple of patches are a little heavy, mainly ones with a lot of unison. But overall I'd call it 'moderate'. What is your CPU?
Ah maybe its those patches, CPU is mac mini I5, 16gig, It's not the best but runs other Arturia and many other synths fine, could just be heavier than i'm used to being a newer synth.
Yeah, Arturia is "upping" its CPU demands, to accomodate for better and more realistic models.

Still, I find it very CPU friendly, considering the quality.
Fernando (FMR)

When I set Unison to 8 it can be quite CPU hungry on my i7 8700.

I don't know which patches are people having CPU issues with, but also consider that (as written in the manual) the newly introduced "stereo spread mode", as opposed to the standard "pan mode", duplicates the oscillators and filters being used for the patch, almost as if you're using two instances.

Niowiad wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:03 am I don't know which patches are people having CPU issues with, but also consider that (as written in the manual) the newly introduced "stereo spread mode", as opposed to the standard "pan mode", duplicates the oscillators and filters being used for the patch.
'Big and bright' under Keys preset, that one crashes out for me.

An average CPU usage here is about 20% (Ryzen 1600x). Some presets reaches 40% but they are few.

Anyway, I played with it today and I think I'm more positive than yesterday. I tried to be harsh in judgement, but it is really a good synth after all.

The Vintage Factory presets are rubbish! If that is indication of how good it is this emulation, then IMO it fails, or if it succeeded, then it means OB Xa is rubbish!! Most of the other patches that is not original factory are very nice :) I don't care about how authentic is this one, but it sounds very good.

So, If I give RePro 5 a score of 9/10 and the Legend 9/10, then this is 8/10 or 7.75/10. It still sounds very good and I like it but I can't say I was blown away by the sound as I felt with RePro or The Legend.

The most what I like besides the sound is the simplicity in design and the "Functions"/"modulation matrix page :) Simple but very effective in approaching all in one page control (almost because the effects on the other tab). No need for reading the manual. Very intuitive to use (this is very important people!) and this make it easy to program and. It is really the synth that shout "Program me!!", so it can be as a first synth or a synth that doesn't complicate things. Maybe I still will get SA synth if it is under $100 because I don't think it will overlap with this synth that much and I guess it will be a more true emulation. In the end, I think Arturia did a good job and if you can get this synth under $100, do it :D

I tried it. As much as I like Pigments and Arturia's FX plugins this did not make the grade.
It just misses that certain something. Repro's got it. This one doesn't. All IMHO.

Return to “Instruments”