Obsession Vs OB-Xa V Poll

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Pick Two - One From Option 1 And One From Option 2

Option 1 Choice 1 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did affect my decision of which synth to buy.
15%
Option 1 Choice 2 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did not affect my decision of which synth to buy.
18%
Option 2 Choice 1 - My choice will be the synth that sounds the best.
24%
Option 2 Choice 2 - My choice will be the synth that is the cheapest.
5%
Option 2 Choice 3 - My choice will be Arturia regardless of any criteria.
8%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Obsession regardless of any criteria.
6%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Arturia and Obsession regardless of any criteria.
10%
Option 2 Choice 5 - I have no interest in this synth and will not buy either one.
14%

Total votes: 104

RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is one of the highlight threads here ! :love: :love: :love:

Calenberger wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:17 pm This is one of the highlight threads here ! :love: :love: :love:
needs more "jump" to be an official ob thread.

vurt wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 pm you changed the poll!
Still no fish, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to vote
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:24 pm
Still no fish, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to vote
i said vote
you might as well vote
go ahead and vote

Wags, please add fish to the poll!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

and some cat pics!

vo wo wo wo ote.

Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri May 22, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'll probably get the V if I eventually update the Collection.

Is that a vote?

Hey guys. What about that Reaper, eyh? Any opinions?
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:13 pm Hey guys. What about that Reaper, eyh? Any opinions?
go ahead and jump.

TheMaestro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:13 pm Hey guys. What about that Reaper, eyh? Any opinions?
Why you left poll?

felis wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:35 pm I'll probably get the V if I eventually update the Collection.
You should be OK, but isolate yourself for 2 weeks to be safe.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

goldenanalog wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:05 pm Bought the V (no brainer in my mind) - imho it sounds great and has some interesting tools under the hood. I’m also planning on buying the Synapse as well, although probably will wait until it’s on sale. But honestly: I don’t consider either as capable of sonically being exact copies of the Xa - although I expect that Richards will be capable of sounding pretty darn close.

Why both? Why not? The more you play around with something like the V, the more you get to know it’s personality - which almost assuredly will be different then OBsession. There’s something very cool about Arturia/Synapse/Brainworx etc. starting with the mandate of producing a focused emulation of an Ubersynth like the Obie Xa, and then running their version in it’s own direction - by the time that they release it; it will still likely retain the characteristics of the original mandate, but it will be so stylized that it will be more about Arturia and Synapse (in this case) then about the Xa
There's really no reason not to wait until Black Friday to buy anything at a certain stage of your collecting career. Because it's really hard to beat 50% off. Which for some people means they can buy 2 for 1. :hihi:

So companies may not actually miss out on the amount of sales, but may actually miss out on 50% profit. That goes for every software company, if people have enough patience to control their gas.
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

When you're losing don't give up ... just change the rules :dog:

Return to “Instruments”