Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Hmm slightly better performance but not much here.

My specs:
Win10 x64
i7 4770 3,9Ghz, 16GB RAM

ASIO4ALL
44Khz, 512 samples

Here "Vintage poly synth" is showing around 60% when idling, odd

polac wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:52 pm Hmm slightly better performance but not much here.

My specs:
Win10 x64
i7 4770 3,9Ghz, 16GB RAM

ASIO4ALL
44Khz, 512 samples

Here "Vintage poly synth" is showing around 60% when idling, odd
After my MacOS mojave / Voltage Modular 2.0 disappointment I now installed it on a similar Windows machine as yours with the same result. At least I can play the patch now :-).
I suspect there is still something wrong with the MacOS version of VM 2.0

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give an update, now that our installer issues have been worked out.

For those seeing increased CPU, particularly with polyphonic modules, it looks like there was something of a small design flaw introduced into the software that does cause it to use more CPU. The good news is that this is easily remedied, and we'll probably be releasing another update next week or the week after to fix a few bugs and to improve performance. I think you'll be happy with what we've done.

This week was a challenging one for sure. Our exciting new rollout was definitely spoiled by our installer issues with Apple's new macOS security, and we worked extremely hard to resolve those issues very quickly. We're going to take the holiday weekend to catch up on some sleep, and we're going to get to work on a great update for everyone. I'd like to thank everyone for using Voltage Modular, and for your patience during Wednesday and Thursday as we worked to resolve these installer issues. I hope you like what we've done for VM2, and we all sincerely appreciate your support!

Thank you!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Hi, yes thanks for acknowledging the CPU issues with poly. I should clarify that I am seeing CPU consumption when increasing the "poly sources number of voice" in the poly section even when the poly section is not being used. Call up a CPU intensive patch like Cruising from the Vectors patches bundle and adjust the poly voices. For me I get audio glitching when its at >8 but as i reduce it the glitching goes away.

Thanks for the open communication. I am looking forward to the next revision. I am hoping you can test with a few different video cards in multiple monitor configurations and smooth out what I think are graphic bandwidth issues. I am getting crackling and sudden CPU Spikes ... best results so far are with GPU on and threads off.

V2 update is really promising. I love the variations which function like reaktor snapshots , JUNO 60 is fantastic and the bundled presets are excellent. I have a Juno 60 here. Great job.

plexuss wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:33 pm The update seems to be better with CPU. My benchmark is the patch Cruising in the Vector Bundle demo. The odd thing is, if I drop the poly notes from 8 down to 1, I get better audio quality (less sputtering because of CPU load) yes the patch doesn't use poly! I notice this in other patches that the poly notes amount seems to consume CPU, and even when poly isn't being used in patch.
this is what i also thought, polyphony is the problem.

Tried V2 in Bitwig Studio and the names of automation assigned parameters don't come through to the host parameters, they stay as numbers. Does anyone get this in other hosts?

I did some tests today running two instances of Voltage Modular and I was expecting the cpu use to be unusable. It wasn't . Oddly the performance seemed to smooth out... my asio meter wasn't jumping around and running two instances of the same or different polyphonic Juno 60 patch was handled nicely. I am wondering if there is something a bit unusual about how Voltage Modular handles multiple threads/cores? If any of you who have hit the CPU wall have a minute I'd be interested to see if you get similar results as me when running 2 or 3 instances. This might be specific to my machine.

Looking forward to the CPU usage fix. Will hold off upgrading until then.
A well-behaved signature.

plexuss wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 am Hi, yes thanks for acknowledging the CPU issues with poly. I should clarify that I am seeing CPU consumption when increasing the "poly sources number of voice" in the poly section even when the poly section is not being used. Call up a CPU intensive patch like Cruising from the Vectors patches bundle and adjust the poly voices. For me I get audio glitching when its at >8 but as i reduce it the glitching goes away.
i didn't your post very well, i saw afterwards. in 20.0.15, the cpu issues are mostly gone.
the cruising, plays, in cubase. an own preset has a asio load, that can't be compared to the preset/patch itself. even in reaper it struggles.
there comes a new version with more optimzation.

EDIT: the first reply, i was on version, not 20.0.15, the one before it...

Hey Voltage Modular users! I just released Mod Delay, a compact and endlessly useful delay line where the delay time can be modulated with an internal or external LFO. Using it as a building block and adding things like feedback, distortion and filters etc, you can create a variety of effects from classics (chorus, flanger, vibrato, etc) to huge complex feedback drones and even reverbs!

Check out this video to get some ideas: https://youtu.be/FdcairXpKeo
And get Mod Delay here: https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/mod-delay

Have fun building!

(I'm working on adding a tempo sync option :) )

KVR friends,

Today we've released Voltage Modular 2.0.17. This update brings significant performance improvements to Voltage Modular 2. In addition, we've fixed several bugs affecting both the plug-in and stand-alone version, and we've continued to make improvements throughout the software. You can find a complete list of changes on the Voltage Modular version history page:

https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular ... on-history

Voltage Modular 2.0.17 is available now on our download page: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular/download

Owners of the Voltage Modular Core package will discover a new FREE module in their library: Octal Switch. This endlessly-useful utility module provides a convenient set of 8 voltage-controllable switches/gates, which can be very useful for introducing and removing various signals to your patch.

As you explore Voltage Modular 2.0, you'll continue to find improvements to existing modules. Take a look at the updated Sample and Hold module, and you'll find that it now features a built-in, overrideable white noise source, and a clock output. Voltage Modular 2.0 is all about doing more with fewer cables and less clutter, and we'll be continuing to improve existing modules while we push the boundaries of software modular synthesis further!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Voltage Modular 2.0 is all about doing more with fewer cables and less clutter, and we'll be continuing to improve existing modules while we push the boundaries of software modular synthesis further!
Very amusing (and gratifying!) to see a virtual-modular dev acknowledging that cables are essentially clutter, ALmost admitting that they're nothing but nostalgia based on very archaic tech.

Captain wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:10 pm Hey Voltage Modular users! I just released Mod Delay, a compact and endlessly useful delay line where the delay time can be modulated with an internal or external LFO.

Very cool—Love it!

How long will all these bundles be on sale for, btw? Lotta great stuff!

Return to “Instruments”