RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. First Audio Preview.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
kenny saunders
KVRist
96 posts since 16 May, 2019

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 pm

nusound mind wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:41 am
parawave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:25 am

The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
I've never bought presets before but I'd recommend Aiyn Zahev for designers, on 2 separate occasions his yt videos were the final/decisive factor for me to pull the trigger on synths. First one was Spire, Rapid may have been the other one I can't recall.

He also made a preset for the original Strobe thatmade me realize how good that synth can sound (although Cypher is my fave/most used from SS by far.)

Look forward to hearing this new granular update in action for sure.
+1 for Zahev
Also Adam Szabo, liked his Massive soundset

User avatar
databroth
KVRer
22 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Fri May 22, 2020 5:55 pm

parawave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:25 am
Not in the next version. MSEGs are definitely planned but since we want to add a bunch of other features together with it (mapping for routing) it is a lot of work that would unnecessarily delay the Granular Synthesis release.

At the moment it looks like this.
1.8 = Granular Synthesis = June/July
1.9 = MSEGs and friends = Later this year.
Exciting stuff, I wouldn't want msegs to hold back granular either
I'm really glad to see hybrid granular/wavetable synths becoming a new thing

and "later this year" is a great timeline imo, much better than wondering if it will ever happen

Dombaeb
KVRist
188 posts since 7 Dec, 2018 from Saint-Petersburg

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 am

It would be super useful if you will implement numerical values on knobs. Saw it in your roadmap.

Caine123
KVRAF
6260 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 am

I really miss to scroll through the values, tube options etc. With mouse wheel. Hate to click just to change few values and scroll through a window. Parawave please :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

HcDoom
KVRian
1198 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:38 am

Granular + msegs...wow, cant wait! Thank you Parawave. And yes, we definitely need more soundbanks. I would recommend to get in touch with Aiyn Zahev, Adam Szabo, Kevin Schroeder and Luftrum!

Caine123
KVRAF
6260 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:20 am

HcDoom wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:38 am
Granular + msegs...wow, cant wait! Thank you Parawave. And yes, we definitely need more soundbanks. I would recommend to get in touch with Aiyn Zahev, Adam Szabo, Kevin Schroeder and Luftrum!
oh yeah KEvin Schroeder nad Luftrum are great too!

even i dont like so much dubstep, trap etc. you should release more of it too as it will suck more users in. also this new trap hip hop stuff
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Kumal
KVRer
29 posts since 10 Mar, 2020

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:31 am

Unfortunately the soundsets of most designers sound pretty much the same no matter what product they were designed for. Like the cinematic sets from Kevin Schroeder have so many overlapping or similar sound from synth to synth. Aiyn Zahev does good stuff but also more of pretty basic and bread & butter sounds. I miss soundsets that really make use of unique features of the synths and create more unique/innovative sounds.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
8143 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 5:00 am

Haven't been following this synth but I just checked out the roadmap, pretty impressive along with everything that's been done so far. One of the items was "Custom mapping curves for routing entries". If that means curves for modulation response, then with that and MPE, that would be very useful. Although a lot of synths are adding MPE support, they usually do not have custom curves, which can be very important for MPE as it allows you to have custom responses tailored to your specific controller and also do interesting things like have different modulations come in at different points of the pressure or slide actions.

Along with granular, I'll be curious to follow these developments!
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

SLiC
KVRAF
5046 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 5:11 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:00 am
Haven't been following this synth but I just checked out the roadmap, pretty impressive along with everything that's been done so far.
Yes, it has gone under the radar a bit I think as it came out around the same time as Avenger that probably had the edge on launch. Putting to one side all the copy protection stuff that Avenger has been plagued with, it is probably has more impressive specification on paper and certainly has the (expensive) sound-pack support but I have both and I much prefer Rapid. Just one layer is more powerful than most wavetable synths and it just feels like there is so much 'potential' if we can tap in to the layers in other ways.
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
3qO
KVRist
41 posts since 24 Feb, 2020

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 5:31 am

kenny saunders wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 pm
nusound mind wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:41 am
parawave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:25 am

The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
I've never bought presets before but I'd recommend Aiyn Zahev for designers, on 2 separate occasions his yt videos were the final/decisive factor for me to pull the trigger on synths. First one was Spire, Rapid may have been the other one I can't recall.

He also made a preset for the original Strobe thatmade me realize how good that synth can sound (although Cypher is my fave/most used from SS by far.)

Look forward to hearing this new granular update in action for sure.
+1 for Zahev
Also Adam Szabo, liked his Massive soundset
+2. His videos made me buy ArcSyn, Largo and Dcam SynthSquad :)

David
KVRAF
1787 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 6:43 am

+3 for Zahev; he's also one of the best demo-video makers out there.

(I SO wish Groove-3 would get him back to do more on Halion. His intro course there is the only one that actually made sense out of the many that I've tried to track down.)

Caine123
KVRAF
6260 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm

The new guis from the last updates really are awesome. You need to make some new videos so people see those too much more!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123
KVRAF
6260 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sun May 24, 2020 10:32 am

i will try make some demo songsamples. we need to push this synth more.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

tripleflows
KVRist
117 posts since 21 Feb, 2012

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Caine123 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 am
I really miss to scroll through the values, tube options etc. With mouse wheel. Hate to click just to change few values and scroll through a window. Parawave please :)
This +1!!!

Plus:
Solo Layer - Yes, I do know there is right click option to solo a layer, but I'd prefer a faster way, like Alt / Ctrl / Shift toggle click the rectangle to enable / disable solo quickly, without right click.

IMPROVE - Preset loading time - not sure if you could improve it, but even on a superfast NVMe 1TB SSD often it takes 3-4 seconds to load e.g. Melodic > Balearic Island preset and similars.

Caine123
KVRAF
6260 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Mon May 25, 2020 12:56 am

tripleflows wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm
Caine123 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 am
I really miss to scroll through the values, tube options etc. With mouse wheel. Hate to click just to change few values and scroll through a window. Parawave please :)
This +1!!!

Plus:
Solo Layer - Yes, I do know there is right click option to solo a layer, but I'd prefer a faster way, like Alt / Ctrl / Shift toggle click the rectangle to enable / disable solo quickly, without right click.

IMPROVE - Preset loading time - not sure if you could improve it, but even on a superfast NVMe 1TB SSD often it takes 3-4 seconds to load e.g. Melodic > Balearic Island preset and similars.
yeah good suggestions! hope parawave will check them too.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”