Obsession Vs OB-Xa V Poll

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Pick Two - One From Option 1 And One From Option 2

Option 1 Choice 1 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did affect my decision of which synth to buy.
15%
Option 1 Choice 2 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did not affect my decision of which synth to buy.
18%
Option 2 Choice 1 - My choice will be the synth that sounds the best.
24%
Option 2 Choice 2 - My choice will be the synth that is the cheapest.
5%
Option 2 Choice 3 - My choice will be Arturia regardless of any criteria.
8%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Obsession regardless of any criteria.
6%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Arturia and Obsession regardless of any criteria.
10%
Option 2 Choice 5 - I have no interest in this synth and will not buy either one.
14%

Total votes: 104

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Option 1 Choice 1 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did affect my decision of which synth to buy
that could mean a few things, including "I tried the Arturia one and didn't like it so will buy the other one"

still a flawed and pointless poll, looking forward to see where the goal posts end up next time :lol:

You know: if Richard/Synapse chose to - there’s nothing to stop him from doing a crossbuy deal (have proof of owning a license for Arturia’s Obie Xa V - get a substantial discount on buying a license for OBsession) - companies do it all the time.

won't happen

Depending on what you need Arturia’s OB-Xa for, you might manage with the Arturia CZ.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

AnX wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:17 am
Option 1 Choice 1 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did affect my decision of which synth to buy
that could mean a few things, including "I tried the Arturia one and didn't like it so will buy the other one"

still a flawed and pointless poll, looking forward to see where the goal posts end up next time :lol:
Let me give you a little lesson in logic, something you seem to be lacking.

The key word is "affect" which means that one, a decision had been made and two, that it was changed with the appearance of Arturia in the mix.

The only two decisions that were possible BEFORE Arturia was released was either buy Obsession or not buy Obsession. If the decision was to not buy it, that means, for whatever reason (didn't like the short demo posted, don't like the company, whatever) then the appearance of Arturia isn't going to suddenly make somebody go "I wasn't going to buy Obsession before but now I am." That makes no logical sense.

So if a decision has been changed, then those who weren't going to buy Obsession are now going to buy Arturia. That's the only option.

The only thing we don't know from the question is how many people were going to buy Obsession or buy nothing. And yes, a change in decision for those buying Obsession could be that now they decided to buy both. Clearly possible.

But clearly, the appearance of Arturia in the mix has changed things significantly. You even said in an earlier snarky reply to me, so what if Synapse loses 50 sales. It's tough.

Looking at the rest of the poll, it's clear that a significant number of people are buying Arturia and not buying Obsession. And with such a large percentage of people saying their decision was affected with the appearance of Arturia in the mix, logic dictates that this indicates a significant number of sales lost.

You can poo poo my poll all you want because you're so butt hurt, but you can't argue with logic. The appearance of Arturia in the mix has and will hurt Synapse Audio's sales.

Now I'll wait for your next snarky reply and we can do this all day.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 am
Looking at the rest of the poll, it's clear that a significant number of people are buying Arturia and not buying Obsession.

68 votes for the whole poll. That number itself is not a "significant amount" in any world, let alone your self centered delusional one.
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 am such a large percentage of people saying their decision was affected with the appearance of Arturia in the mix

12 ppl... again, not a significant number.... and they said it affected their decision, but not which way....

you're right, i cant argue with logic, but you don't any, so its not a prob

... and the whole thing really isn't your concern, so this little crusade it totally pointless and childish.

Is there an option for "i do not buy because they have annoying beta testers" :D

AnX wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:38 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 am
Looking at the rest of the poll, it's clear that a significant number of people are buying Arturia and not buying Obsession.

68 votes for the whole poll. That number itself is not a "significant amount" in any world, let alone your self centered delusional one.
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 am such a large percentage of people saying their decision was affected with the appearance of Arturia in the mix

12 ppl... again, not a significant number.... and they said it affected their decision, but not which way....

you're right, i cant argue with logic, but you don't any, so its not a prob

... and the whole thing really isn't your concern, so this little crusade it totally pointless and childish.
Blah, blah, blah.

Have a nice day.

Cinebient wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:54 am Is there an option for "i do not buy because they have annoying beta testers" :D
No, but I should have included one.

Cinebient wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:54 am Is there an option for "i do not buy because they have annoying beta testers" :D
so, you cant buy anything? :o

So you think there's a strictly defined number of people who would buy an Ob Xa plugin, and each Arturia's sale means a lost sale for Synapse?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

It's beyond me how you can not buy a synth because of beta testers.

Ok, it's also beyond me why you can't buy a synth because you dislike a developer. AFAIC, any developer out there could support the satanic army of Stalin warriors secretly, and I wouldn't know anything about who I support there anyway. It doesn't make sense to me, and it doesn't make any difference to me. :shrug:

TBH, thinking about it, I probably wouldn't buy a Admiral Quality plugin though, simply because I know the guy from this forum, and he's a complete dick, and I wouldn't support his business by buying his stuff. Interestingly something most Canadian developers I met here share with him.
Last edited by chk071 on Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am It's beyond me how you can not buy a synth because of beta testers.

Ok, it's also beyond me why you can't buy a synth because you dislike a developer. AFAIC, any developer out there could support the satanic army of Stalin warriors secretly, and I wouldn't know anything about who I support there anyway. It doesn't make sense to me, and it doesn't make any difference to me. :shrug:
Its beyond me why you take it too serious. You are a real german eh´? :)

Cinebient wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 am Its beyond me why you take it too serious. You are a real german eh´? :)
No idea what's this supposed to mean. ;)

recursive one wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:01 am So you think there's a strictly defined number of people who would buy an Ob Xa plugin, and each Arturia's sale means a lost sale for Synapse?
:sigh: No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm too tired and worn out to discuss this any further. Take the poll, don't take the poll, ignore the results, don't ignore the results. I really don't care anymore.

Return to “Instruments”