Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:06 pm FTR, I listened to the OB6 vs OB-Xa V comparison and the OB-Xa V falls apart on the resonance test. What a difference.

So either I'l be getting Obsession or nothing. I don't need an OB that badly.
Dont you already own every single synth in existence ? :hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:06 pm FTR, I listened to the OB6 vs OB-Xa V comparison and the OB-Xa V falls apart on the resonance test. What a difference.

This logic really makes no sense. You watched a video comparing an emulation of a synth to hardware of... a different synth. But just because it has the name Oberheim on it, and the filter resonance doesn't match up to Arturia's emulation of a different Oberheim that uses a different filter model, now you don't want the Arturia? That's a head-scratcher, afaic.

mholloway wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:11 am

This logic really makes no sense. You watched a video comparing an emulation of a synth to hardware of... a different synth. But just because it has the name Oberheim on it, and the filter resonance doesn't match up to Arturia's emulation of a different Oberheim that uses a different filter model, now you don't want the Arturia? That's a head-scratcher, afaic.
Nope, not at all. I clearly heard how horrible the Arturia sounded on the rez test. If Obsession sounds as bad, I won't be getting that either. I now know what I'm looking for in this synth. If I don't get it, no purchase. Plain and simple. As someone pointed out, I have every synth in existence so I don't need an OB that badly. It has to meet my expectations exactly. I'm entitled to that requirement, even if you think it's unreasonable.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:46 am

Nope, not at all. I clearly heard how horrible the Arturia sounded on the rez test. If Obsession sounds as bad, I won't be getting that either. I now know what I'm looking for in this synth. If I don't get it, no purchase. Plain and simple. As someone pointed out, I have every synth in existence so I don't need an OB that badly. It has to meet my expectations exactly. I'm entitled to that requirement, even if you think it's unreasonable.
You talk around this as if you’re not aware of any reality or has a comprehension of what yourself or anyone is saying.
Your silly self-important requirement is not the point, but that you’re comparing apples and strawberries.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 am

You talk around this as if you’re not aware of any reality or has a comprehension of what yourself or anyone is saying.
Your silly self-important requirement is not the point, but that you’re comparing apples and strawberries.
Listen to the OB-Xa (the hardware's) resonance. I did. It's almost identical to the OB-6. And still clearly better than the OB-Xa which doesn't stand up to either. So no, I'm not comparing apples to strawberries, thank you.

The Arturia resonance sounds like crap no matter what you compare it to. I don't need another synth with resonance that sounds like crap. I already have plenty of them. In fact, the Korg MS-20 is truly the only soft synth I own where the resonance sounds great. This is the one area where almost all soft synths fall apart horribly. That I expected the Arturia to be any different was what was stupid on my part, not the comparison.

But go on. Listen to a hardware OB-Xa resonance and tell me the Arturia is as good.

I'll wait.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 am

Listen to the OB-Xa (the hardware's) resonance. I did. It's almost identical to the OB-6. And still clearly better than the OB-Xa which doesn't stand up to either. So no, I'm not comparing apples to strawberries, thank you.

The Arturia resonance sounds like crap no matter what you compare it to. I don't need another synth with resonance that sounds like crap. I already have plenty of them. In fact, the Korg MS-20 is truly the only soft synth I own where the resonance sounds great. This is the one area where almost all soft synths fall apart horribly. That I expected the Arturia to be any different was what was stupid on my part, not the comparison.

But go on. Listen to a hardware OB-Xa resonance and tell me the Arturia is as good.

I'll wait.
I know how an OB-Xa resonance sounds, but again, you're in a different reality, because that wasn't the comparison you made.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 am I don't need another synth with resonance that sounds like crap. I already have plenty of them. In fact, the Korg MS-20 is truly the only soft synth I own where the resonance sounds great.
Funnily, the MS-20 soft synth is one of the synths which I would consider as a rather bad implementation of a analog modelled filter. :) Seriously, listen to some sound demos of the real thing (or the Behringer K-2), and you know why...

P.S.: Check here, from 2:40 on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEa5E2x-8Y

Korg softie sounds completely shitty compared.

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:30 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 am

I'll wait.
I know how an OB-Xa resonance sounds, but again, you're in a different reality, because that wasn't the comparison you made.
But I also listened to a HARDWARE OB-Xa. Why did you completely gloss over that part?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My decision is made and that's all that matters to me. I'm not getting Arturia's version. With resonance cranked up it sounds like crap and nobody can make me think it doesn't.

would a poll change your mind?

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:57 am But I also listened to a HARDWARE OB-Xa. Why did you completely gloss over that part?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My decision is made and that's all that matters to me. I'm not getting Arturia's version. With resonance cranked up it sounds like crap and nobody can make me think it doesn't.
Well.. I definitely can understand that. I wouldn't say it sounds like crap, but, there's something lacking for sure. It's just not the same level, technically, as the very good analog modelled filters. Which is a shame, because otherwise, it's quite good actually. Hope they'll up their filter game with the next synths.

God, you people drive me crazy.

Listen to this and stfu already. There is no comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwYuykUfyA

:lol: i was joking!

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:57 am But I also listened to a HARDWARE OB-Xa. Why did you completely gloss over that part?

Because you're back-peddling and saying that now, not in your original post/comparison.
You haven't even tried the Arturia OB-Xa ffs.
You're disconnected or confused with everything in a strange way, and it really makes no point even replying to you with facts or reason.

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 am

Because you're back-peddling and saying that now, not in your original post/comparison.
You haven't even tried the Arturia OB-Xa ffs.
You're disconnected or confused with everything in a strange way, and it really makes no point even replying to you with facts or reason.
I don't need to demo something myself. If I don't like the way something sounds to begin with, there is no point in demoing it. I don't have that kind of time to waste.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:01 am Listen to this and stfu already. There is no comparison.
Ok Ok, I'm listening...

;)

Return to “Instruments”