Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

mholloway wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:44 pm this is a pretty lackluster update to say the least... doesn't really address any of the issues, obviously the main one being the browser for most people.
I think we all agree that you speak for most people!

Personally I'm quite happy with this update but I agree with you that a browser update is much needed. Wavetable import has never been promised and was never a feature in the original Massive. And no one was expecting it when rumours of MX first emerged. Quite frankly there a dozen synths that do WT import quite well already.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:59 pm Wavetables anyone?

Grab some free by ESW here: https://www.echosoundworks.com/eswcorewavetables

The urge for Massive X to support wavetables will only increase. :D
Well you can always open them in Dune 3, Serum or a dozen other synths.

If one synth supports a certain feature, that doesn't mean that every other synth on the market has to copy them and implement that exact same feature. What would be the point of that? The designer should only implement features that make sense within his concept for his synth.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Stupid question, but... how do you actually delete a preset? NI added a good Init preset with some update, and, mine is redundant now, but, I don't know how to get rid of it.

Just remove the file from the preset folder? I don't see a way to do it via the GUI.

Yes remove from the folder then rescan presets in MX.

Thanks. :)

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is far from the last update it's going to receive...

Very interesting watch. This guy is phenomenal. I say that because the I was awed by the first audio demo track of Massive X when it was launched and now I know who created it and how. I can play that demo track on loop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkM1GvQevKI

In my opinion, NI has nailed the sound of Massive X. It is absolutely fantastic. To make it sound different than would have been a challenge, and they have overcome it brilliantly. However, the GUI and usability, which are usually great with NI plugins, have been disappointing. Thankfully those are just a matter of time and less-important part, but I hope NI quickly sorts those out in the next update.

As I write this, the GUI flicker problem is making me :cry:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 am In my opinion, NI has nailed the sound of Massive X. It is absolutely fantastic.
I agree. :) There's a very few tiny details which I find not so pleasing, for example that the envelopes behave like analog envelopes, in the sense that, even when release it's fully opened, they just close up at some point. That's rather a matter of design choice than really a flaw though. It's also only a issue for very few sounds, for example, when you use a lot of resonance with long pad sounds. Apart from that, the sound is really great, can't complain.

chk071 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:54 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 am In my opinion, NI has nailed the sound of Massive X. It is absolutely fantastic.
I agree. :) There's a very few tiny details which I find not so pleasing, for example that the envelopes behave like analog envelopes, in the sense that, even when release it's fully opened, they just close up at some point. That's rather a matter of design choice than really a flaw though. It's also only a issue for very few sounds, for example, when you use a lot of resonance with long pad sounds. Apart from that, the sound is really great, can't complain.
Yeah... the sound is as good as anything out there...

I haven't installed 1.3 yet as the internet has been kinda slow where I am and the update is almost a GB!?! I'm looking forward to having the parameter values. That is a significant feature!

I gone now straight from 1.0 to 1.3 and its a good update for me. I do not use Massive X often since it was just what came with Komplete for me but it sounds good and it looks good for me too. I think it would be maybe even in my Top 10 used synths....if i would use more than 5 synths :)

Edited

Vortifex wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:45 pm Could someone with a few minutes to spare please find a way to make this preset not click whilst keeping it mono? Play a walking bass two octaves apart to really hear what I mean. I find this happens a fair bit with Massive X

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47b5684eszi94 ... .nksf?dl=0
It looks like the issue is with Monark filter. SVF also has clicks but not that loud. Try different filters. Asimov seems to be clicks free.
OP EP Body wavetable looks (visually) like is DC rich which may be another reason. When I turned E3 Mod level on the filter to 0 it plays almost only clicks.
For me, it's behaviour that should be reported to NI. It should have been fixed in beta although I never experienced it myself and I'm using MX on a daily basis so maybe it also happened to beta testers.

Edited

Return to “Instruments”