Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:14 pmsmoke weed!!!
Dammit! I was just sitting here doing nothing then suddenly found I was holding a loaded bong!

You influenced me!!!

claudedefaren wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:20 pm Oh you must feel very, very smart then ;)
:tu: :lol:

Well, actually, I feel more like everybody around me is stupid. :lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Forgotten wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:35 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:14 pmsmoke weed!!!
Dammit! I was just sitting here doing nothing then suddenly found I was holding a loaded bong!

You influenced me!!!
:party: im a influencing!

mgw38 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:06 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:21 pm so what is an influencer?
i kind of know what huang and beato do, seen their thumbnail shots, they do production guides no?

how is that influencing? what is it they are influencing?
serious question. i dont really use youtube for the same things :oops:
“Influencer” is a millennial term for somebody who collects followers for a living. It is more a pied piper kind of thing. The term “influencer” was coined by the marketing and advertising industry. They provide an alternative to the communication channels lost due to the decline of traditional media channels. They influence in the sense that they can deliver marketing messages to target audiences.
In other words, they are freelance advertisers, used by corporate entities due to the shifting sand under their feet. It doesn't 'feel' like advertising in the same way that a scripted, slick, multi-media commercial does. I have a few Logic gurus whom I watch on YT, but I get very wary when they start endorsing 3rd party plugins or hardware.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 pm
i kind of know what huang and beato do, seen their thumbnail shots, they do production guides no?

“Influencer” is a millennial term for somebody who collects followers for a living. It is more a pied piper kind of thing. The term “influencer” was coined by the marketing and advertising industry. They provide an alternative to the communication channels lost due to the decline of traditional media channels. They influence in the sense that they can deliver marketing messages to target audiences.
In other words, they are freelance advertisers, used by corporate entities due to the shifting sand under their feet. It doesn't 'feel' like advertising in the same way that a scripted, slick, multi-media commercial does. I have a few Logic gurus whom I watch on YT, but I get very wary when they start endorsing 3rd party plugins or hardware.
do gear demo channels count?
take knobs, i like his way of presenting gear, even stuff im not interested in buying.
but, i have purchased some things he has (among others) shown, now, have i been influenced or am i just being shown things im interested in?
id say the latter because otherwise, id have a lot more stuff and a lot less money :hihi:

have you tried "new faster acting" reaper?

vurt wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:29 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 pm

do gear demo channels count?
take knobs, i like his way of presenting gear, even stuff im not interested in buying.
but, i have purchased some things he has (among others) shown, now, have i been influenced or am i just being shown things im interested in?
id say the latter because otherwise, id have a lot more stuff and a lot less money :hihi:

have you tried "new faster acting" reaper?
Imo, it's a question of recognizing a far more subtle advertising approach that passes for info/tainment. When we know we are being bombarded with information concocted to sell us something, we can prime ouselves in various ways to resist the manipulation. In this context, we aren't sure if we are witnessing a demo/heart-felt opinion, or...something else. And it doesn't even need to be by design of the person demo-ing a product.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Of course, my track record with IK snake oil isn't very good...
-Martin Luther King Jr.

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:11 pm me? :lol:
no one cares what i use and my perfume doesnt sell :cry:
Maybe you shouldn’t have called it “Eau de Armpit”?

OP, it’s easy enough to work out if you’re truly interested. It’s basically a formula based on views and subscribers.

To give some numbers I know a car YouTuber with ~300k subscribers and the annual income estimate is between £60k and £90k.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Bombadil wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 pm In other words, they are freelance advertisers, used by corporate entities due to the shifting sand under their feet. It doesn't 'feel' like advertising in the same way that a scripted, slick, multi-media commercial does. I have a few Logic gurus whom I watch on YT, but I get very wary when they start endorsing 3rd party plugins or hardware.
This is probably the best description so far, and I think many people don’t see this as they are caught up in the bullshit just as much as any idiot who went round saying “Wazaaaaaaaaaaaaap!”, not realizing they were doing (highly annoying) subliminal advertising for Budweiser.

There are a very few YT channels that I subscribe to, and those that I do have very little focus on being ‘influencers’. For example, I subscribe to the channel of a Bangladeshi guy who gives free bansuri lessons. I commented a thank you, and his response was to thank me for taking the time to say thank you for the lessons. Humility is a far better trait than ego in my book.
Last edited by Forgotten on Sun May 24, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someone (usually really annoying) who gets given free stuff, to basically advertise on YT, IG etc, and "influence" you into buying it.

I thought it was something one usually gets around winter that makes you sneeze a lot.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:50 pm I thought it was something one usually gets around winter that makes you sneeze a lot.
:smack:

I'm really surprised we haven't heard one name here yet, Go now, don't look back, we've drawn the line
Move on, it's no good to go back in time
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”