2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought a new smart watch.
https://store.blackview.hk/en/buy/x1
Cheap for today, tomorrow normal price :hyper:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:05 pm Bought a new smart watch.
https://store.blackview.hk/en/buy/x1
Cheap for today, tomorrow normal price :hyper:
I'll get one of those IF it's smart enough to turn back time..

and make my young and beautiful again... :oops:

:hihi:

I can't remember the last things I bought and purchased...

I know I posted the Generate 3 OSC and was to give @foosnark a FULL report.. yeah foosy, it's fun ;)
better I post a quick demo
Just some old sequences lying around on the beat step as my concentration was on the gen3 osc.
Apart from drums and a whippy DaveSmith Feedback thing... the rest is Gen3.. first we hear it though the Prism at about 28 sec then at about 1 min.. this was just a very quick "played live demo.".. I know it could do with some eq_ing.. but it's just a demo.. :P

https://soundcloud.com/toonertik/gen-3-demo

any way.. I got me a second hand Schippmann Omega-Phi OSC... fck.. unbelievable, beautiful, expensive, unique.. and .. so vibrant.. :love:

I file for bankruptcy on Monday... :lol:

toonertik wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:23 pm I know I posted the Generate 3 OSC and was to give @foosnark a FULL report.. yeah foosy, it's fun ;)
better I post a quick demo
Nice :D
toonertik wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:23 pm any way.. I got me a second hand Schippmann Omega-Phi OSC... fck.. unbelievable, beautiful, expensive, unique.. and .. so vibrant.. :love:
Wow, you're not messing around :tu:

As of Friday, I'm the proud owner of an SE-02 with the K-25M. I have a new power adapter on the way so I can have one power cable fixed in place, while keeping the SE-02/K-25M as a portable configuration.

I ordered the Ext Box for this too. I don't know when it'll come, but I am looking forward to this little box.

The misses and I are on a bit of shopping spree for all the non-sexy things to order before we end up working at our offices again. Non-sexy things like a file cabinet and new AC units which hurts because they make the wrong kind of noise but are hardware synth prices. Still, I do have to admit... without an AC, I have no desire to make music during a NYC summer.

The next thing to figure out is if wood side paneling makes things sound better. https://www.mixingtable.com/side-panels ... board-k25m

NYC apartment living makes it hard to invest in hardware, but boutiques, volcas and TE POs are fun stuff to have around.

Anyone know if an OP-Z can be used as the primary time/sync clock for any combo of Roland Boutique/Volca and/or pocket operator?

Searched all day yesterday for a good deal on a pedal I wanted and in the early hours I discovered a shop selling it for £269.00 where most places were over £300+ even Thomann.

There was only 1 in stock and so I grabbed it at a bargain price.

https://matchettsmusic.com/products/bos ... tion-pedal

What's the biggest difference, in terms of features, between the BOSS 500 series and the 200?

Is it just smaller form factor, or do you lose features too (and/or increased menu diving)?

elxsound wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:33 pm What's the biggest difference, in terms of features, between the BOSS 500 series and the 200?

Is it just smaller form factor, or do you lose features too (and/or increased menu diving)?
i actually like the look of the smaller ones better, I think the sounds are all the same plus the same quality as you say in a smaller form factor.
There's bigger screens on the 500 series and maybe more preset storage but sounds and midi capability is the same.. I'm actually going to get a couple of these later, I like the distortion unit (Yellow) also no idea why there isn't a RV200 in that series.
All in all tho they're all great pedals.

rob_lee wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:03 pm
elxsound wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:33 pm What's the biggest difference, in terms of features, between the BOSS 500 series and the 200?

i actually like the look of the smaller ones better, I think the sounds are all the same plus the same quality as you say in a smaller form factor.
There's bigger screens on the 500 series and maybe more preset storage but sounds and midi capability is the same.. I'm actually going to get a couple of these later, I like the distortion unit (Yellow) also no idea why there isn't a RV200 in that series.
All in all tho they're all great pedals.
Next on my list are adding in pedal fx units, and space is an issue, but the 200 series looks like they'll fit nicely.

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:04 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm Spent €500 this week at Thomann on furniture and not sure how I feel about that. €500 but nothing makes a noise.
should have spent a couple more quid on some contact mics and drum sticks.
Smart advice!

For bonus points, take an assortment of drumsticks and mallets with you whenever you go furniture shopping. If you see something you like, give it a good pounding. Nothing warms the heart of a furniture salesperson like seeing a musician admiring the "sonic possibilities" of their finest furniture! :wink:

If you play your cards right, (ie, if the store hasn't caught you in the act) you might even negotiate a nice "scratch and dent" discount on some of your favorite pieces. :D
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Coil Audio

Kiwiade wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:15 pmCoil Audio
The whole company?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:16 pm
Kiwiade wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:15 pmCoil Audio
The whole company?
:lol: Wouldn't that be awesome!

Mackie 1642 VLZ4 mixer ordered from Juno UK just now, after many days of debate I decided this was the one for connecting all my synths and pedals.
I just purchased all the Boss 500 series to use with this desk, fun times ahead.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm Spent €500 this week at Thomann on furniture and not sure how I feel about that. €500 but nothing makes a noise.
Part 2 of this: just spent €210 on ribbon cables and no sure how I feel about that. €200 to replace wiring I already have. Hopefully I'll have a working Mackie 32:8 again though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:23 pm
Part 2 of this: just spent €210 on ribbon cables and no sure how I feel about that. €200 to replace wiring I already have. Hopefully I'll have a working Mackie 32:8 again though.
when you spend this money on none noise stuff, always add a kazoo or penny whistle, at least then theres something noisey :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”