using continous controllers in cubase 10.5 using remote device

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
vignesh.vijay
KVRian
630 posts since 18 Jun, 2013

Post Mon May 25, 2020 3:44 am

Hi,

I am trying to use my remote device to use the continous controllers on a midi track like cc11 or cc1.
How do I set it up in the generic remote setup? Can anyone help me with that?

jancivil
KVRAF
20026 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: using continous controllers in cubase 10.5 using remote device

Post Mon May 25, 2020 12:26 pm

not sure why you’d use Generic Remote just to get a controller to communicate MIDI to an instrument. IME it’s a lot of hassle to little point usually. I don’t have any setup to check, but I will be using my iPad for this in Cubase next month, so: I would first ensure the OS is seeing the [Bluetooth] device [iPad], and simply select it in Inspector as the MIDI input for tracks. It worked for my ROLI, albeit it’s better to select that in Device Setup (“Studio”) as the MPE is all set to go there.

The only device I have both needed to use as Remote, & that fully worked, was my Mackie Universal. I’ve tried a couple of others which just don’t work w Cubendo on Mac.

NB: I use a lot of control, and except for these which are designed to talk strictly thru GR (special use case, rather than just CC) has always been as simple as my description.
I may be locatable @:
FB: Public

vignesh.vijay
KVRian
630 posts since 18 Jun, 2013

Re: using continous controllers in cubase 10.5 using remote device

Post Mon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm

I am trying to use touchosc app on my iPad. I'm not able to configure it properly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”