Which SSL 4000 emulation plugin is CPU friendly yet good sounding?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dickiefunk wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 am
Patapoo wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 am I have both and think both are great, and if I could only choose one it would be the CLAMixHub in part for the reasons you mentioned. But as far as CPU hit MixHub is 10 times worse the bx_SSL_ Console.
What computer spec/DAW are you using? I found CLA MixHub to have lower CPU hit to bx_SSL_ Console!?
Respectfully, everyone I personally know who have both has the same experience as I do. I think the better question is what are you running? It might be time for me to build a new computer. :)

Patapoo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:51 am
dickiefunk wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 am
Patapoo wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 am I have both and think both are great, and if I could only choose one it would be the CLAMixHub in part for the reasons you mentioned. But as far as CPU hit MixHub is 10 times worse the bx_SSL_ Console.
What computer spec/DAW are you using? I found CLA MixHub to have lower CPU hit to bx_SSL_ Console!?
Respectfully, everyone I personally know who have both has the same experience as I do. I think the better question is what are you running? It might be time for me to build a new computer. :)
I’m running Cubase 10 on a Windows 10 i9 9900K Audio PC.

todd_r wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:36 am
Daimonicon wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:15 am Sure but it’s only a bus compressor and not a channelstrip.
Ah, I've got compressors on the brain, what about SSL's own channel strip...

These look amazing, I'd get some of these today but don't want ilok dongle.

EDIT, they don't need dongle, I'm in...
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

That SSL Channel strip is on sale for $49 right now, apparently.

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/sslupgrade

SSL Channel strip may be based on older code, but I prefer it.

The PA sounds arguably more "analog" than Waves but it also lacks focus. The waves ssl sounds tighter even if it doesn't sound as "big". Real high quality analog combines both of these traits.

Between PA 80s, 4000e and N along with T-Racks white and British how many consoles must one have?

acousticglue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:46 pm Between PA 80s, 4000e and N along with T-Racks white and British how many consoles must one have?
Clearly more. :D

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:47 pm The PA sounds arguably more "analog" than Waves but it also lacks focus. The waves ssl sounds tighter even if it doesn't sound as "big". Real high quality analog combines both of these traits.
Nailed it.

Here is a comparison between most SSL plugins and the real deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icMXHfo ... e=emb_logo

Another one, this time Brainworx SSL vs Real SSL. Starts at the 06:00 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrgaTPP ... e=emb_logo

Return to “Effects”