New Sonic Arts Freestyle 1.5 is released. Kore style morphing incoming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

edit: sorted
Last edited by emef on Wed May 27, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top advice :)

I would really appreciate more detailed changelogs, instead of "misc other fixes", would really be nice to know each one of those misc fixes. Just my 2c!

Due to the difficult situation we all found ourselves in the last months, we decided to let the Freestyle promo run for an extended time.. however, the sale price (79 EUR instead of 129 EUR) will now finally end June 15th.

So... just a few days left...

More info here: www.newsonicarts.com/freestyle
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

How good is Freestyle for managing setlists and fast switching among different setups in live settings? In other words, is it an alternative to software like Gig Performer and Cantabile or I'm on the wrong track?
.:: (noou) - electronic + music ::.
https://noou.bandcamp.com

I'd say you are very much on the right track.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 am -It's great that you can chose between either a grid preset either jumping to the values when you cross over to it, or morphing the macros, but it might also be cool if you could somehow do either in the same mode. With Kore for example you could either select a grid preset, or morph between them.Not sure if that would be possible here. Maybe at least a double-click on a grid square to jump to it when in morph mode.
FYI this is implemented now. In Morph mode, you can double-click to Jump. Also, in Jump mode you can shift+click for a interpolated Jump (i.e. morph-jump), or continue shift+dragging for morphing.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:42 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 am -It's great that you can chose between either a grid preset either jumping to the values when you cross over to it, or morphing the macros, but it might also be cool if you could somehow do either in the same mode. With Kore for example you could either select a grid preset, or morph between them.Not sure if that would be possible here. Maybe at least a double-click on a grid square to jump to it when in morph mode.
FYI this is implemented now. In Morph mode, you can double-click to Jump. Also, in Jump mode you can shift+click for a interpolated Jump (i.e. morph-jump), or continue shift+dragging for morphing.
Great, thanks!

A heads up:

A new Freestyle beta is available for testing.

Improvements & Fixes:
- Added support for latest Vice features and fixes
- Fixed an issue with browser auto-updating
- Fixed an issue with very large files

Please login to download the latest installer:
http://www.newsonicarts.com/userarea

Please report any issues to support@newsonicarts.com.

I have had a sneak-peak at the new time-stretching that NSA HQ is implementing. Nuance will have it of course but also the Audio Deck which means that Freestyle will go in new directions. Exciting stuff.

Also there is a summer sale on right now with Freestyle at over 45% off and individual plugins at 35%. Log in to your account to see offers for bundles too.

This has been one of the best purchases I've made since Kore 2.. I'm just now understanding how to make use of the routing, to make larger then life patches.. One of the questions I have for developer is, will he consider the integration with hardware synths in future releases?

This software is incredible, and is now the center of my entire rig.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Is there a way to trigger patches, by velocity, meaning the patch only engages it's sounds, once a certain velocity is reached?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Skorobgatko wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm Here's a new macro snapshots : Image
I can't figure out how to get this view. I can store snapshots, I also see the macros, but I don't see the morph grid. Am I on the right version?

There is no mention of this in the manual either. Is morphing even part of the most recent version? :scared:

wvshpr wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:07 pm I can't figure out how to get this view. I can store snapshots, I also see the macros, but I don't see the morph grid. Am I on the right version?
It's an unofficial beta feature. You can enable it by going to the Setup dialog -> Enable Beta Features. Make sure its enabled under Configure.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 am
wvshpr wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:07 pm I can't figure out how to get this view. I can store snapshots, I also see the macros, but I don't see the morph grid. Am I on the right version?
It's an unofficial beta feature. You can enable it by going to the Setup dialog -> Enable Beta Features. Make sure its enabled under Configure.
Ah, that's why I couldn't find it. It would have been surprising not to have access to such an important and unique feature, when everything else is so easily accessable. I am tryng the demo and I can't find it in there. I suppose it's only part of the full version?

Return to “Instruments”