Melodyne 5 released, post examples inside.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Checking out some of the new features in Melodyne 5 (Studio/Standalone) using a speech recording of my own voice as example. This thing is now even more crazy and a great sound design tool. Syllables and tonal component are detected and the noisy components keep their pitch when transposing notes, the balance between noise and tonal can easily be adjusted, fades can easily be applied, leveling notes is now very easy, great update!

https://youtu.be/V3dJJavBuJk

I don't think I can post the example, but I pulled up on old recording where Melodyne's pitch macro really struggled to get good results on this particular male vocal. I'd have to do a lot of manual editing and tweaking, or just accepting of some less than perfect notes in order to get Melodyne jiving with this particular vocal performance. Loaded up Melodyne 5 on that old project, and the pitch macros just did their job wonderfully. Did something like 80% pitch quantization across the entire length of the vocal and it sounded better than anything I could've gotten with Melodyne 4, even with a lot of manual edits.

So yeah, big upgrade when it comes to correcting vocals. I may even try it on my own terrible singing at some point! lol

question a bit crazy but highly creative...

...how do you think it works now with chirpling bird's like nightingales or blackbirds ???

:clown: :D
Last edited by Krakatau on Tue May 26, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

did they fix the macro where you can quantize to other tracks?

Krakatau wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:14 pm question a bit crazy but highly creative...

...how do you think it works now with chirpling bird's like nightingales or blackbirds ???

:clown: :D
I'll try that next.

Are there any details on upgrade paths from V4?

My biggest problem with Melodyne 4 was how poorly it read and handled voices with large vibrato, it wouldn't center the pitch correctly which resulted in lots of off-sounding phrases and forcing lots of manual editing. This version promises to improve on that so they have my attention.

https://shop.celemony.com/cgi-bin/WebOb ... 1.23.5.5.9

Updates and upgrades
Everything at a glance
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Could be the ultimate de-esser tool..

Thx I missed that. So from the shop there's an option to take a look at all upgrade paths.

For reference, I'm on Assistant and it says $49 to upgrade from any Assistant version.

Also, I believe anyone that has Essentials registered (maybe in the last 12 months or so) gets a free upgrade to Essentials 5, log in to your account and check.

jochicago wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:38 pmAlso, I believe anyone that has Essentials registered (maybe in the last 12 months or so) gets a free upgrade to Essentials 5, log in to your account and check.
Wow, thanks for the heads up, you are correct on that.

I registered version 4 of Essentials back in 1/19, and just noticed I was eligible for free upgrade to 5 !
Just log into your Celemony account to check.

Nice one Celemony, thanks !!

- Jay

I wasn't going to upgrade to this yet, but I had some spare cash and noticed I could get the studio upgrade from JRR shop for $132 so I got it. While standalone tests are good I'm finding it leads to stuck sessions in my latest build of Studio One 4 (Windows 10 x64), basically never finishes the analysis phase and all gets stuck at 94% and that's on some pretty basic 3 minute tracks. Will do some tests in Reaper etc today to try and work out where exactly the problem lies.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

You could have gotten it for $129.99 @ Audiodeluxe.

Aloysius wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:34 am You could have gotten it for $129.99 @ Audiodeluxe.
Well the mythical cup of coffee I saved is useless as there aren't any cafes open in my city currently. :(

btw I seem to have got a workaround to the issue I was having. I changed the default analysis type to Universal and now it doesn't hang when opening tracks for analysis and when I change the type to something I do want to use it now functions fine, so it seems a bit of a quirk of having it begin a CPU heavy analysis on launch.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

glad you found a workaround :tu:

I have the full-whack v.4, upgrade = €149. It will have to wait, as we just bought a new stereo. My neighbours are gonna love it.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Effects”