All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pretty much the greatest thing ever!

It's pretty cool allright!
It still needs a little work though - but if we can get a pretty accurate idea of what these pedals sound like - this is a whole new ballgame! ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:40 pm Stompenberg FX
We screwed, soldered, sweated and connected cables so you can test the pedals of your dreams, on your own equipment, from the comfort of your home.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/stompenberg_devices.html
wow.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ordered tiny pedals from Ali Express for my synths.

- 3 Mosky Loop Box pedals
Those things are so cheap and compact, I'd like to use them to insert essential FX to individual synths (at the moment, I have a pedalboard bus set up as sends for the lot of them).
- an Aroma harmonizer pedal
- a Rowin tremolo pedal

I hope they'll make it here (a few cheap Ali orders went missing recently).

cptgone wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm Ordered tiny pedals from Ali Express for my synths.

- 3 Mosky Loop Box pedals
Those things are so cheap and compact, I'd like to use them to insert essential FX to individual synths (at the moment, I have a pedalboard bus set up as sends for the lot of them).
- an Aroma harmonizer pedal
- a Rowin tremolo pedal
Interesting, your synth outputs would be line level, are you using line level or instrument level pedals, do you use an additional device?

On another note, been trying some pedals through a Laney LC30II, Mooer Hustle drive, Mosky Obsessive Overdrive, Joyo Vintage Overdrive , Rowin Plexion and Caline Orange Burst.

The 2 OCD clones were similar with the Mooer having more treble which the Mosky lacks, but it does sound rounder.

The amps own overdrive channel sounds better for lead with the Caline coming a close 2nd.

Caline Orange Burst FTW, none of the others came close, noodling on La Grange, the pedal sounded great whatever the settings, no-brainer, it had dimension and clarity the others didn't. My perfect pedal.

I know thing like this vary from amp to amp and direct.

Then they all sounded good and not too dissimilar through a Carlsbro TC60, this amp has same nice tones, especially dirty sounds, it lacks the headroom and open cleans that the Laney has.

Going to try the 5w amp next.

I added mini drive pedals: Mosky D250x Overdrive Preamp, supposedly emulating either DOD 250 or MXR Distortion+ at the flick of a switch.
The Noodlist wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:06 pm Interesting, your synth outputs would be line level, are you using line level or instrument level pedals, do you use an additional device?
No, but the first pedal on my board is an EHX Operation Overlord - a pedal that can handle synths.

Code: Select all

synth/drumbox => y-cable => mixer => pedalboard => looper => DAW
                         => DAW
As for the 'inserts' I now ordered, I plan to keep synth output low and not worry about impedance or whatever. I'm aiming for couples of mini pedals, 1 loop + 1 drive, right next to the respective synth/drumbox, occupying as little space as possible.

I do suppose it would be better to front those 'inserts' with a buffered pedal (or some more hi-tech solution).

cptgone wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm I hope they'll make it here (a few cheap Ali orders went missing recently).
Our close friend in Wuhan sent us some N95 masks as a gift over a month ago and they never arrived.

The Noodlist wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:06 pm On another note, been trying some pedals through a Laney LC30II, Mooer Hustle drive, Mosky Obsessive Overdrive, Joyo Vintage Overdrive , Rowin Plexion and Caline Orange Burst.
Fun fact: the president of Mooer is the president of Joyo's wife.
The amps own overdrive channel sounds better for lead with the Caline coming a close 2nd.
Try a real Xotic BB Preamp some time. It beats out many amp lead channels, IMO. With my Mark I, I use the amp's lead channel to cop Santana's earlier tones and use a BB Preamp through the amp's clean channel to cop his more recent tones.
noodling on La Grange
Perfect for noodling!
I know thing like this vary from amp to amp and direct.
Many pro players keep a BB Preamp in their bags as backups in case their amps go down. It sounds great with just about any amp clean channel and I imagine the Caline might be a similar situation.

Uncle E wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 pm Fun fact: the president of Mooer is the president of Joyo's wife.
:hihi: Cool
Been listening to Buddy Whittington, I've always heard elusive tones, I've come to the conclusion tube rectifiers might play a bigger part than I thought, they're not in the signal path AFAIK. Those sweet tones.

It can depend on the amp. Like in a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, you can barely notice it because the amp is so preamp driven. However, in the super stripped down Tweed 20 Princeton/Deluxe hybrid we make, a 5U4 rectifier gives a huge amount of sag, like 60’s Neil Young.

Just as I ordered a bunch of Chinese mini pedals, an even tinier range appears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qd-NJu15_4

My 2nd hand EHX Operation Overlord stereo overdrive seems to have gone defective.
With the DRY knob turned down, I get no sound - and the DRY gets a little distorted, too.
Weird, it just sat in my living room on a Behringer pedalboard, powered by the built in PSU.
Not sure what to do with it now (apart from testing it again in a simplified setup, just to make sure).

cptgone wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:52 pm Just as I ordered a bunch of Chinese mini pedals, an even tinier range appears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qd-NJu15_4
The Behringer VD400 gets good reviews, do they have a monopoly on BBD chips?
I prefer ITB for delay, live would be a different matter, recall is so versatile.

Anyone had issues with Behringer pedals and balanced cables?

Return to “Guitars”