Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Stan Navi wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am
EnGee wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:52 am Robotic means like a robot! If you have never played piano or learnt to play piano, then forget it!

Ableton and Bitwig they don't have quantize midi on by default! Where did you get that?
If you never played with metronome and never know how to play on time, then forget.
Bitwig is definitelyhave it by default. You need to learn your software.
I play piano and know Studio One, Ableton enough to judge. They behave the same if input quantize turned off.
Ok!

No idea as it's always possible to do it later with more control over results.

I would like Studio One 5 to be as fast and efficient as Reaper,with a 13MB install and a CPU load that is so low that it is almost unbelievable :)
No auto tune...

I would like that if I drop a instrument onto a folder, it would add the instrument into the f**king folder and give it the folders assigned colour code, NOT like it does now by adding it above the folder with a random colour and making me drag it down :x

It's simple things like this that make a good DAW an excellent DAW

Stan Navi wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am
EnGee wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:52 am Robotic means like a robot! If you have never played piano or learnt to play piano, then forget it!

Ableton and Bitwig they don't have quantize midi on by default! Where did you get that?
If you never played with metronome and never know how to play on time, then forget.
Bitwig is definitelyhave it by default.
Not sure it is, I recently installed it on a new iMac and have never touched the quantise controls but just checked them now and it is off.

Digivolt wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:22 pm I would like that if I drop a instrument onto a folder, it would add the instrument into the f**king folder and give it the folders assigned colour code, NOT like it does now by adding it above the folder with a random colour and making me drag it down :x

It's simple things like this that make a good DAW an excellent DAW
I get what you are saying but you just have to expand the folder and drag the instrument into it and it will assign the color etc.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

fairlyclose wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:30 am When is it useful to have quantise on when recording what you are playing?
Some people like it on all the time, some don't. It's more of a preference thing. If you don't have great timing or low enough latency to have great timing then turn it on. If you have good timing and decent low enough latency then try turning it off. I usually turn it off and manually quantize afterwords. I usually like to quantize at around 50%-70% to keep the feel.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

digitalboytn wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:56 am I would like Studio One 5 to be as fast and efficient as Reaper,with a 13MB install and a CPU load that is so low that it is almost unbelievable :)
Oh please not... we don't need another Reaper. Just like we don't need another Bitwig.

What's the point with the CPU load of the pure DAW anyway? It's the plugins which use up all of the CPU, not the DAW itself.

chk071 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:56 am I would like Studio One 5 to be as fast and efficient as Reaper,with a 13MB install and a CPU load that is so low that it is almost unbelievable :)
Oh please not... we don't need another Reaper. Just like we don't need another Bitwig.

What's the point with the CPU load of the pure DAW anyway? It's the plugins which use up all of the CPU, not the DAW itself.
You are not quite correct. DAWs can manage plugin efficiency, turning off it when not used. And Reaper is very good in that department. In Studio One you have to always deactivate track manually to manage your CPU load and it is not that fast actually.

When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

Stan Navi wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:08 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 pm

You are not quite correct. DAWs can manage plugin efficiency, turning off it when not used. And Reaper is very good in that department. In Studio One you have to always deactivate track manually to manage your CPU load and it is not that fast actually.
I know that. But, we're talking about minor differences here. If you want to play one voice more on a heavy u-he Diva patch, then, yeah, you can go with Reaper. Although you have to live with the consequences then. :P

I don't want Studio One to be like Reaper. That's all I wanted to say. If you want to have Reaper, use Reaper. If you want to have Bitwig, use Bitwig. If you want to use Live... etc.

No idea why people always want any DAW to be a jack of all trades.

LawrenceF wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 pm An interesting development: https://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/new-in-melodyne-5
Bought it today. Gonna try it in minutes and I'll give you some feedback...

Got melodyne 5 studio. It's amazing. You can get a preview of studio one and how the melodyne 5 chords feature work together-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBy_JuYTuGM at 2:44.

Presonus Software/Celemony with ARA 2 are killing it.

wuworld wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 pm Got melodyne 5 studio. It's amazing. You can get a preview of studio one and how the melodyne 5 chords feature work together-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBy_JuYTuGM at 2:44.

Presonus Software/Celemony with ARA 2 are killing it.

For any who has updated and has the Essentials version. The video says you can still see the chord data even in Essentials. That should theoretically mean that you can drag and drop that data to a new track like you currently can in Essentials for mono sources. Can anyone confirm? I'm the Editor version so I can't really test that on my end.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”