Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

neonhaus wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:54 pm Once again - the eligibility requirements ended at the end of 2018, if you've had an account prior to that you're still eligible. Terrible customer service and awful that they keep these details in the dark.
Well Roland Cloud is actually handled by Virtual Sonics, which is an American company co-owned by Jeremy Soule. Clearly this guy is a total thieving conman.

Maybe time to start a class-action lawsuit? :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:00 pm
neonhaus wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:54 pm Once again - the eligibility requirements ended at the end of 2018, if you've had an account prior to that you're still eligible. Terrible customer service and awful that they keep these details in the dark.
Well Roland Cloud is actually handled by Virtual Sonics, which is an American company co-owned by Jeremy Soule. Clearly this guy is a total thieving conman.
I'm noty sure if that's still the case. The Roland Cloud accounts and Roland accounts were merged, and everything s now closely under the Roland umbrella. Maybe the "joint~venture" is finished?
Fernando (FMR)

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

PAK wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:21 amOther than the 4 things mentioned, it may be that Zen Core has taken them in a different direction, thus spelling the end of their support in terms of new RC products. Or maybe they'll surprise us all.. :)
Zencore awakens.

In other news, you can now "buy" for example the JV1080 for 129 USD for a "lifetime license" (who's lifetime?), OR, if you just happen to be flagrantly silly with your money, you can buy any SRX plugin for 69 USD. Which, of course, contains ALL of the JV roms under the hood.

OR, you can now buy PCM samples of PCM samples, from a classic rompler, to be used in... a whole new rompler! No, not Concerto, ZENOLOGY. How much per SRX card? A few dollars or so.

It's clearly a whole new synth, NOT Concerto, although it already has it's own range of FLAVR-ish products (and you thought they'd just given up on that trash? HA!)

Latest RCM still can't manage it's install routines properly, but I seem to be able to DL the SuperNATURAL acoustic and electic pianos, for use in Zenology in the DAW, and zen-core HW. Shame Zenology crashes Reaper every time!

Do I take the new 2.99 per month subsription plunge JUST to raise a ticket because the new rompler is DOA for me? Do I get excited?

I don't get why they used a year of SRX releases (diminishing returns for subbers) to smokescreen whatever R&D they've been doing, especially when there are crucial Boutique pieces still waiting to be pulled off an FPGA chip and awkwardly wedged into a dodgy OS-emulating VST.

But Roland gonna Roland.

StoneyBCN wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:11 pm Zencore awakens.

In other news, you can now "buy" for example the JV1080 for 129 USD for a "lifetime license" (who's lifetime?), OR, if you just happen to be flagrantly silly with your money, you can buy any SRX plugin for 69 USD. Which, of course, contains ALL of the JV roms under the hood.

OR, you can now buy PCM samples of PCM samples, from a classic rompler, to be used in... a whole new rompler! No, not Concerto, ZENOLOGY. How much per SRX card? A few dollars or so.

It's clearly a whole new synth, NOT Concerto, although it already has it's own range of FLAVR-ish products (and you thought they'd just given up on that trash? HA!)

Latest RCM still can't manage it's install routines properly, but I seem to be able to DL the SuperNATURAL acoustic and electic pianos, for use in Zenology in the DAW, and zen-core HW. Shame Zenology crashes Reaper every time!

Do I take the new 2.99 per month subsription plunge JUST to raise a ticket because the new rompler is DOA for me? Do I get excited?

I don't get why they used a year of SRX releases (diminishing returns for subbers) to smokescreen whatever R&D they've been doing, especially when there are crucial Boutique pieces still waiting to be pulled off an FPGA chip and awkwardly wedged into a dodgy OS-emulating VST.

But Roland gonna Roland.
:lol: I pretty much subscribe what you wrote. I am one of the first subscribers, but this last year left me with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't give a sh... to sample packs (I already have plenty of them), nor do I need separate SRX expansions.

If at least they allowed them to be used ALL in the same instrument, and not having to load a new instance OF THAT SAME INSTRUMENT just to use another SRX expansion, preventing us to mix them, which would be one of the advantages of being in the software world, without memory limitations, etc. :roll: But no, that's not what they did. They followed the most stupid path that could have been followed.
Fernando (FMR)

Roland Cloud update is absolutely brilliant.
Thanks Roland

Heads up regarding Content Store, from the RC Facebook page admin as of yesterday:

" For customers who have purchased software synthesizers on the Roland Content store, we want you to know that your purchases are safe and secure. For now, you can continue to use your current version with the confidence of knowing that your purchases for each product will be converted to Lifetime Keys at Roland Cloud in the coming months. Please stay tuned."

Nothing in sight yet regarding S8 owners.

Looks like the next thing to drop might be iOS versions of the synths.

StoneyBCN wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:21 am Nothing in sight yet regarding S8 owners.
I don't see why anything would change for System 8 owners. We already have to use Roland Cloud to manage our Plug-Outs. No change in that as far as I can see...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I was thinking of buying one of the synth plugins, now that its possible to do that. Can the XV-5080 do what the D-50 can synthesis-wise, or is the D-50 just in separate league by itself? I have used a D-50 back in the day but not the XV-5080 module.

OTOH, would you guys recommend one of the others in the Roland Cloud collection over those two?

Wondering myself of
the comparison between the D-50 & JV-1080 & XV-5080...

How redundant are they?

Hi, JV1080 and XV5080 are the same (only presets are different). All SRX are XV5080+unique samples.
D50 is 1:1 D50 .

D50 is LA synthesis, others are romplers

more and more I read this thread, I understand fewer and fewer ... :D

But does the XV-5080 have regular synth capabilities with standard waveforms as well, besides all the sample content? Some of the pad and other synth related demos (from the hardware version) I have heard on YouTube sound great.

EnochLight wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:00 pm

WHy ?
He is also a composer ( skyrim amongst others ) , or is that a different Jeremy Soule ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”