ProgTrance - Orisma - The Truth - GlitchModus - 2020 REMIX

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice. The start was good, with the subdued bass.
Not quite enough variety in it to keep me interested enough not to skip through it.
Overall, pretty good :tu:

Nice! All the standard elements are there, solid track
Maybe it's a little dry overall. Those elements in the back could probably use more reverb to put them even further to the back and open up the "room" a bit. And I would propose to check the psy trance bass. It could be a little less bass for my ears. Try to layer it - a bass layer in a lower mid layer which keeps it audible even on cheaper speakers which are not able to get good bass.

Pretty decent work. I quite like the dryness of the fiddly-bits, but that's just my preference. I like having the interesting stuff upfront in a mix (and this track has a lot of interesting stuff going on).

I agree about the bass though. For Psytrance, it almost seems a bit low in the spectrum. Brighten that up a bit and this track's a keeper.

Awesome! You have obviously put a lot into this. There are plenty of subtle changes to keep me interested as the music progresses and the effects are kept in perfect balance and never allowed to dominate. Maybe the others are right about the bass - I don't know the genre very well - but personally, I like it the way it is.

Thanks a lot fore listening, I found out quite late about this contest and very little time , about a week to work on this, And I'm pretty happy with the overall result. It's not perfect and hopefully I can get some insight from the original artist. Thanks again😀

Good work, very competent production. Great psy sounds, great flow and good mixing (except the chopped voice sample seems louder than it should be). Impressive if it was done in a week.

Re: the bass. I listented on small speakers at work and I clearly heard the bass so it must have at least enough midrange to cut through. But it could groove a bit better with the kick imo. Will listen on my monitors later.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, I know some other Orisma's works ( don't remember this exact track though). This remix is an interesting take on his style - deeper and more psychedelic.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

"Orisma - The Truth": Nice start with some kind of announcement. Then it
goes on with a driving beat - pretty fast and exciting. I like it - but the
question is: Is there a change coming now - or is it more in the direction of trance?

Nice sprinkles, nice rhythm - because of the length it's quite trance-like. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

recursive one wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:49 am Good work, very competent production. Great psy sounds, great flow and good mixing (except the chopped voice sample seems louder than it should be). Impressive if it was done in a week.

Re: the bass. I listented on small speakers at work and I clearly heard the bass so it must have at least enough midrange to cut through. But it could groove a bit better with the kick imo. Will listen on my monitors later.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, I know some other Orisma's works ( don't remember this exact track though). This remix is an interesting take on his style - deeper and more psychedelic.
The bass was a bit of an experiment on this track . I decided to go with a recorded sample and run it through a granular sampler with and additional oscillator for the initial attack. I don't have a proper environment to mix in , so I'm just using headphones and have no idea how it sounds on other systems with the exception of my cellphone speaker, which I can hear the bass at least. I downloaded the stems on the 12may and wasn't sure I was going to enter this comp, as it was already so late, and finally decided a week before deadline to make a start. It was. A lot of work in that shirt space of time especially looking after a 1yr old but it helped being on lockdown:)

enroe wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:13 am I like it - but the question is: Is there a change coming now - or is it more in the direction of trance?
Have you maybe missunderstood what Trance is about?

That is clearly an other State of Conciousness ;-)

Ilike - but I´m from the old School. I miss Dirt ("Noise") and Harshness. Thrilling High Frequencys. Neve EQ in Reach?

May this little Playlist be an Inspiration for you: "1994" https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1qj_2Cck2M

Return to “Music Cafe”